You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: The Dark Figure In The Pine Forest

Real Ghost Stories

The Dark Figure In The Pine Forest

 

I and my friends we're really into scary stuffs like horror movies and ghost stories. And of course we love to visit reportedly haunted places just to challenge ourselves for fun. So there are this vast pine forests areas up on a hill situated about 3 hour-drive from where I live. Rumor has it that the forest is haunted. Many years ago some poor people decided to end their lives there by jumping off the deadly steep cliff known as 'The Bow' as it resembles a ship's bow. People who live nearby have often reported sightings of ghostly body parts scattered around on the forest floor and frightening sounds of screaming and human-like tortured cries for help. We'd heard and known about the pine forest since we were little kids. But somehow we had never had the guts to visit it.

Until one day when we got pretty bored of visiting the other haunted places in our town (we had never seen any ghost) and the pine forest came across our minds and we decided to give it a shot. At first, we seemed a bit reluctant but then we all agreed that we needed something a little bit scarier to do as we're all in our early 20's.

It was a foggy and wet night when we drove our way up to the forest. From the moment I got in the car, I felt like something's not right I just couldn't tell what it was. But I didn't want my friends to think that I was afraid so I showed off a little bit talking about scary possibilities that might happen there in the pine forest. When we finally arrived, the road that divided the forest was so dark and cold. We parked in front of an abandoned building and then made our way through the pine trees. Everybody walked so fast and nobody even said a word. The forest was so dark and frightening. We kept walking for minutes until we finally saw the bow. We sat down and gathered around and started telling ghost stories and scary legends related to the pine forest, about those people who had died here.

When my friend Bobby was telling his story, suddenly I saw a quick movement in the corner of my eye. I turned around and whatever it was, it was already gone. At first I thought it could be some animal wandering around in the forest. But then we heard scratching voices coming from the top of the bow as if there was something up there dragging its body up to it. I looked up and I could make out a vague dark silhouette of a man standing there looking down to us. I started shaking all over me and my friends were now all looking at me. Bobby had seen it too. He grabbed my shoulder tight and whispered. ''Who's that?''. I was too afraid to break the silence.

''Let's get outta here'' said Bobby in a low tone. But we were so scared we got petrified. Bobby was the first to get on his knees.

''We better get back to the car now'' he whispered and then started walking. We all followed him silently. As soon as the bow was out of sight we started running as fast as we could. For a moment there I thought the dark figure was coming after us. I was really afraid I kept praying to God while running. When we finally saw our car my friend Dicky told us that he had left the key in the forest. We all started cursing him but then we decided to break into the abandoned house and stayed inside until morning though it was dark in there.

That night none of us could sleep. We spent the night feeling frightened in a tiny room in the house. It was a squeeze but we didn't care. At around 2AM, we heard light footsteps somewhere in the left wing of the house. We squeezed closer and tighter holding our breath. As the sound of the footsteps became louder and louder I closed my eyes tight and plugged both my ears with my index fingers. And then I felt a presence in the room with us. But I kept my eyes and ears shut. I was too afraid. I got the tingling sensation as if somebody's standing pretty close to me. It lasted for about thirty minutes. I could feel my friends squeezing my body from all sides. When I finally got tired I got my hands off my ears and embraced myself. But I kept my eyes shut still. We sat on the floor there in the dark tiny room for about 4 hours but it felt as if we had been there for ages.

At around 6AM we finally got out of the house the sky had looked a little brighter. When the sun finally rose, we went back to the forest to get the key and then we drove back to town as soon as we could. Nobody talked. We still couldn't believe our luck. We finally made it back home safe and sound.

Until today, I still get the goosebumps whenever I think about that terrifying night in the pine forest. I, sure as hell, will never go back in there even if it was the last safe place on earth.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Frederick, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-03-10)
Fredrick, you said, "Why would somebody be wandering alone in a reportedly haunted dark forest 2 miles from the main road right on the site where many lives were ended terribly?" The same could be said of you. Maybe he didn't have anyone to go with. Just kidding you a bit. I don't think I'd pick a foggy, wet night to go wandering around in a dark forest though. Fog can shroud things in such a way you can't be sure what you're seeing. Then add to it that creepy figure... Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I don't think I'd have closed my eyes, I would have been too busy running for the car!
HassaniSabbah (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-10)
Cool stuff, I want to visit this place there is nothing cooler thqan a old, dark, haunted pine forest. Anyway if you love investigationg paranormal places you should'nt stop, only if you really want to that is. Thanks again.
bizzibee9 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-04)
Hi
I have seen a black figure before and I know how creepy it felt
I found this via google search, it may help explain a few things
Http://www.searchingforghosts.com/shadow-people.html

It sounds like a 'shadow person'. Your story was super scary and I really hope this helps in some way:)
rockangel13 (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-04)
That was such a creepy story, even I got goosebumps! Wonderful narration indeed.
crystalbell1 (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-01)
Wow, this is one of the creepiest stories I had read on here! Thank you for sharing this with us, and your writing I must say is really understandable and clear. Which i'm really glad it is, since a lot of stories on here are hard to understand!😊
Frederick (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-31)
The dark figure was staring down at us for like minutes. That's just weird. Why would somebody be wandering alone in a reportedly haunted dark forest 2 miles from the main road right on the site where many lives were ended terribly? My friend left the key in the forest right next to where he had been sitting.
I did ask my friend if they had closed their eyes and seen 'the presence'. Only one of them said his eyes were indeed wide open. But when we asked him what he had seen he said that it was too dark but he could 'see' and 'feel' the dark figure watching us in the dark right ahead. Like I said, though my eyes were closed, I could feel a presence right next to us. As if somebody was standing right in front of me. Why would somebody do that? He could hear our heavy breaths squeezing in, if he were human why did he just stand still?
Shylaw (9 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-30)
Wow that is creepy. I am younger than you like a teen and I go on ghost adventrues with friends too. Even though I live in canada. That place we would sure vist even though its creepy but I don't know. And wow... Must have been so frighting... The only places I have been to is a old jail cell... The first house built in my city that's haunted... And this train tracks right behind where I live... And this guys apartment... But wow is that a ever scary experince
bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-30)
so you saw the silhouette of a man standing on a height, who was probably as scared as you because he thought your shadows were ghosts & probably ran the other way, & submitted his own "ghost" story also somewhere on this site... Then you all stayed in an abandoned house where your imaginations got the better of you all... Is that what you are telling us?
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-30)
Dear Frederick, that was a creepy narration indeed. But I want to ask you whether your friends also closed their eyes. Whether they have seen any apparition or ghost or spirit. Well, where the keys were left and how did you find it out in the morning? How was the silhouette of the person you saw, how did it look like? Please post us the details.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
angelus_crudus (3 stories) (35 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-29)
Thanks so much for sharing your story! One of the best I have read on here for sure! So creepy, I'm glad I wasn't there. Thanks again!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: