You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Imp On The Ceiling

Real Ghost Stories

Imp On The Ceiling

 

This is the most recent experience that I've had. A few nights ago, I was asleep in bed. My husband and I had been watching TV, winding down from the day. My husband got up to turn off the television and when he got back in bed he accidentally woke me up. The TV was already off, so my eyes were already adjusted to the dark room.

Fully awake, I see my husband curling up next to me and roll over to give him more room. Now on my back, I look up and a shock went through me. There, right above my head on the ceiling, was this creature that I can only describe as an imp. It was dark, like a shadow, but it had clear defining lines.

It was small, slightly bigger than a cat. As I realized what I was seeing it craned its neck, looking down and over its body to look at me. That's when I saw its face. Its head was very round and bald and had human ears that seemed large for its size and stuck out away from the sides of its head. It had large, dark eyes that were completely round and took up most of its face, leaving just a sliver of wrinkled forehead.

Its cheeks were wrinkled and slightly sunk in and a small human nose. It had a wide mouth with thin lips and a small chin. It had a small, spider like body with 6 spider like legs and on the end of each leg was a small gecko like foot with 3 suction-cup toes, and though it had a spider like abdomen I could see the bones of a human spine protruding from under its skin ending with a small stubby tail. From its reaction it was surprised and knew that I had seen it.

As soon as it looked at me, it scurried straight across the ceiling away from me and toward the door. It crawled over the doorframe and was gone. As it crawled away, I struggled to reach the light switch by my bed, but by the time I got the light on, it was already gone.

I haven't seen it again so far. I've looked all over for information but haven't found much.

I'd really like to know what it was, so if anyone has any information I'd love your input.

Other hauntings by spookykitty13

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, spookykitty13, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

francyne1031 (49 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-14)
Any further developments spookykitty13?
Btw I completely agree with you about "just because you have depression and some other emotional issues at this point does NOT mean what you saw was simply your imagination"
It's upsetting to me that we view people who are honest and take the step to disclose their personal issues in that way. I used to take depression medication over a decade ago and I can vouch that it does not cause these type of hallucinations to "normal" people who are just suffering from some emotional hardships. Hallucinations of this type would occur to an individual that has a lot of other mental health issues going on. I think that it's wrong that as soon as people hear depression med they think " OH! Well it was obviously a figment of her imagination"

That's SOME depression/anxiety medication she's got there! Lol. 😆
spookykitty13 (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-10)
Thank you IceWolf. I could believe that's true. There is a lot going on right now, more bad than good at the time of the sighting. My Grandmother was recently diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer and she was in the hospital when I saw the creature. I haven't seen it since that night, but I have been experiencing other things. For example; my cats acting strangely, feelings of being watched while I'm trying to go to sleep, pains in my chest that I can't explain. Of course, if I see anything else I'll be sure to write about it.
icewolfghost (17 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-02-09)
It is a sign of things to come, beware something may happen. When it does happen it will change your life.
Stay safe and all the best,
Wolf 😊
spookykitty13 (2 stories) (8 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-02-04)
I certainly agree, a good nights rest is extremely important. But, I've had insomnia since I was very young and never experienced anything out of the ordinary. I know my mind and I know my body, that's why I'm completely confident that the creature I saw wasn't my mind playing tricks on me, it was real. Just because I have these issues doesn't mean I can't tell the difference between dreams and reality and to mock my sanity in any shape or form is insulting. I wouldn't have gone through the trouble or effort to tell my story if there were any doubt of it being true.
hiya_hayz (5 stories) (66 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-04)
Not getting enough REM sleep causes a number of problems. I won't say that this was just a figment of your imagination but I won't say what you saw was real either. I agree with RedWolf when he says to try meditation, though I would also add some non-habit forming sleeping pills to the side. After a few nights with decent sleep you would be surprised at how clear things can be. However, if this was real do keep an eye out for anything unusual around your home. Try not to pay much attention to it and don't threaten it in anyway.
spookykitty13 (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-02)
RedWolf

While I thank you for your input, you are wrong. When this incident occurred I was not medicated, and because I also suffer from constant pain due to a neck injury the only time I don't feel pain is when I'm sleeping. So, since I felt pain during this encounter, I can accurately tell you that I was awake. Also, I suffer from insomnia and am quite the opposite of a 'deep sleeper'. I promise, there is absolutely no possible way that I was dreaming simply because I never dream. Very rarely do I enter the R.E.M. Sleep state. I have never had a hallucination or anything like what you described. I know without doubt or hesitation that what I saw was real.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-02-02)
Spookykitty
Yes your problems will have an influence on you. Being treated (medicated) for depression,anxiety,and rage makes you the target of your own imagination.
I think what happened was you were in a quasi sleep state and you had a dream you thought you were fully awake and saw this creature.
You need to take up meditation. This will help with your anxiety and rage. But when you meditate always picture yourself bathed in a white light of protection.
spookykitty13 (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-02)
Wow, I didn't expect to have responses this soon.:) Anyway, in regards to how I saw this thing in the dark, our bed is right next to two windows and right outside is a street light that fully illuminates our bedroom. We do have curtains, but the light is so bright and so close that even when they are shut light still comes in around the edges of the windows. But, it did seem like it had some sort of dark blue light emitting from the center of its body that got darker towards the edges of its form. I didn't include this information in my story because I'm not entirely sure if it had thus glow or not because it happened so fast. My husband did notice my reaction, but he didn't see what I saw. It was gone just a second or two after I noticed it. I didn't tell him about it until a couple days later. After I got the light on and didn't see anything, I just went back to sleep, but I couldn't get the image out of my head. I really want to know more about what I saw. I've had a couple other experiences at another location that I plan to post about in a separate story.

Shlain

I've read that non human shadow creatures could be pets or companions of higher level entities and that seeing one could mean that a high level entity is on the way. Do you think what I saw could be something like that? And as far as negativity in the home, it would be very difficult to detect anything out of the ordinary because we are going through some hard times right now and the energy in our home is very stressful. In fact, since I was 13 (I am now 24) I've been battling depression, anxiety, rage, and I'm occasionally medicated for these problems. Could this make me a target? Could my problems have an outside influence? Any information would be extremely helpful!
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-01)
Spookykitty13
I have the same question that francyne1031 has. How did you see this creature with such great detail in the dark? Even with your eyes adjusted to the dark this seems unlikely unless the was an outside light source or it emitted it's own glow or light source of it's own.
Very well written and creepy.
francyne1031 (49 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-01)
I would be freaking out if I saw something like that! Oh my Gosh! Have you had any other things happen in the house? You gave a lot of detail on how it looked... How were you able to make some of those small details out? Like the wrinkles? Did it have its own light source? Or was it lit by something else? Thank you for sharing, freaked me out!:)
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-01)
Spookykitty13,

Ok, I'm not going to cry DEMON, but this does strike me as a lesser demon. One from a lower Arcana. For all we know it could have been some kind of a fairy, but I doubt it.

Keep an eye out for negativity in your house.

Thanks for sharing.

PS: You described it so vividly I can't get the image out of my head. I blame you for any nightmares I have 😉
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-01)
I'm also curious what happened immediately after the sighting. You're description almost fits a pattern of the "abduction experiencers" -I just have to ask, if you've ever experienced any lost time, or seen strange aircraft while driving, or around your home?
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-01)
Hello spookykitty13, it was a good narration indeed. In fact, you almost made a portrait through your thorough explanation. I feel, if you had not seen it the second time, some entity that just made a walk-in and out. A stray paranormal sighting that is all. Did you tell your husband about it? What was his reaction or did he say that he saw it too, of course, at a different point of time in the house or your bedroom. Please keep us posted of any further experiences.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-01-31)
metallica have a song called "the thing that should not be"... It sounds like it was one of those. Thank you for your story it was very creepy the way I like them... Can anyone tell me how I can mark a story as "read"?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: