You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Seeing Dad... Again

Real Ghost Stories

Seeing Dad... Again

 

Many incidents have happened in my life, benevolent AND malevolent views of the other side(s) ;) This is by far the more impressive and comforting incident of my life. My father died in January 2001 from pancreatic cancer. He was luckier than most that the excruciating pain that accompanies such a cancer, only struck him the morning prior to his passing later that evening. For most of the last day of his life, he was semi-comatose. He passed away shortly before 10PM.

I hadn't felt my father around at all, until the summer after his death. It was a very hot day, June, July, or August, I can't be sure. Just hot, humid a regular scalding Texas afternoon. I was at my mother's, had just finished mowing her yard, and was sitting in the shade under her oak trees, cooling off with a glass of iced tea after my yard work. I know I wasn't asleep, it was too hot for that... And I was gritty and sweaty from midday mowing.

I was sitting facing the house, and I saw my father as plain as day, walk across the yard and toward the corner of the house. He was approximately 30 feet from me. He was dressed in a red & blue stripped shirt, sleeves rolled up to his elbows, had on his favorite pair of Levi jeans, dark blue running shoes, and was striding with purpose, his head down as if in contemplation, arms swinging. He was as solid as if he were flesh and blood, oblivious to my presence.

I had a good 15-20 second view of him before he disappeared... It was amazing. I just sat in awe, a wonderful feeling of peace washed over me. I shared this with my sister, who is firm believer due to her own experiences. However, I was hesitant to share with Mom, who gets the willies easily. :)

I did finally share this with my Mom. She wasn't as weirded out as I thought she would be, considering he disappeared into the wall of her house! LOL. Over the last 6 years, Mom has had a few things happen to her that could only be my father, like waking her in the middle of the night like he used to when he was alive. My sister has seen him reflected in windows behind her.

I feel particularly blessed that I witnessed him one more time. When I'm at my Mom's, I do keep myself open to see if I get another sighting of Dad.

Other hauntings by Krysteen

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Krysteen, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Krysteen (4 stories) (24 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
Shestoscary,

For brevity's sake, and since I considered it my Mom's experience, I didn't elaborate. But, since you asked, I'll tell you. 😊

My sister was really sick with an upper respiratory illness, and sleeping in the bedroom across the hall from my mother's bedroom. Sis woke up, having difficutly breathing & walking, and couldn't call for my mother in anything above a whisper. My mom wouldn't hear a marching band parade through her bedroom, if she's asleep. Once my mother's head hits a pillow, she's O-U-T!

So, my sister is trying to get to her closed door, open it, cross the hall, and wake my mother to go to the hospital. It was that bad, and approximately 2-3AM. Not a chance our mom was awake!

My mother is awakened from her near comatose sleep by "someone" slapping the bottom of her foot. She sat bolt upright, was freaked out, and decided to get up and look around the house. As Mom opened her door, my sister opened hers, and whispered, "Mom?", and she just about had a heart attack when Mom answered her. She never expected our "out-like-a-light" mom to EVEN be awake, much less wide awake and fully functional!

My sister ended up having pneumonia and was uber-sick!

The reason I know it was my Dad...well, that's how he used to wake my mom up when he was in a devilish mood. He'd tiptoe over and tap/slap the bottom of her foot. 😊
Shestoscary (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-03)
do you think your mom could of just wake up at midnight after your dad died because she was used to waking up/being waked up at that time?
Annie (202 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-21)
I love this story. How wonderful for you, Krysteen! I just recently lost my mom and would LOVE to see her. I know she's had some contact with me, but not like you've experienced. Thanks for sharing you wonderful experience with all of us.
CearysAwesome (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-20)
Aww. I sorry for your loss. But atleast you were able to see him one more time. Hope you see him again.

Ceary
lian01 (3 stories) (65 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-20)
This is a really sweet story. I've lost my Dad too, and I can totally understand how peaceful the whole experience felt. You're very lucky to have seen him, maybe he didn't realise you were watching, which is why you haven't seen him so 'real' since.
😁
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-19)
Krysteen, thank you for sharing your story with us. Just goes to prove once again that not all ghost are out to get us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Krysteen (4 stories) (24 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-18)
LOL, thank you! I was just so overwhelmed to see him. It was just amazing and settling. My mom... Oh my... Her family are all very intuitive in regards to spirits, and "feelings". But, my Mom is scared of that sort of knowledge. I'm sure she's had incidents occur that she refuses to talk about. She dreams often about people and things that will happen, it just scares her so much. Which is funny to me, because she grew up with her mother and grandmother having the same sight. She wanted no part of it, and told my grandmother she hoped it skips her and goes to her children. She won't deal with the spirits, but she offers up her children? LOL! So, my sister and I sort of enjoy "freaking" her out when things happen. But, I think Mom's had more contact from my father than she even realizes.

Mom can turn a deaf ear to audible incidents. After my grandmother passed away, we were in her house, just Mom, sis, and I, and we were reminiscing and laughing about some of my grandmother's colorful commentary on life... And above our heads, my grandmother's laugh joined ours. It was louder and very obvious. My sis and I stopped laughing & talking and both of said, "Did you hear that?" Mom heard nothing. Oh well... 😉
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-18)
I agree with Covah. You're lucky to have seen him again and I think it's wonderful. You're Mom sounds like she's not telling you something! ❤
Covah (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-17)
I too have lost a parent and I do believe that our love for them, and them for us, will allow us to experiece little glimpses. The dead will visit us and can even become our guides through life. I am sure your Dad is always around, he just doesn't always get caught out and seen by you - as in this case.
You and your Mother are still in his care and this is a beautiful thing. ❤ I hope you get another chance to see him.
Covah 😁 xx

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: