You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Granfather's Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

My Granfather's Ghost

 

This was long, long ago and am lucky to remember...

I had a grandfather, my dad's dad. He died way before I was born.

But I remember one night, I was about 3, 4 years old. I was sleeping in my new house.

I woke up with a manly figure on the end of my bed, staring and smiling at me. Of course I was only very small and was thought it was my dad or something. In the morning my mother remembers me telling her there was a man on the end of my bed. A few years later she went to a psychic. The psychic said my grandfather had said hello to me before, and he always wanted a daughter like me. My mother asked me that day, when I was around 10, 11 years old if I remembered that experience and I said I remembered some...

I still live in that house and sometimes it feels as if someone is watching me. I have seen photos of him and looked sort of like the ghost.

My best friend and my cousins also live in very old houses. I have heard my youngest cousin has been screaming in the middle of the night and she's almost 6. Whenever I sleep in her room the light flashes for a while and she says it always happens. One night she was kicking around in her sleep and whispering "Stop! Stop!" she gave a little scream, woke up and wet the bed. She said a ghost was getting her and she wanted to get away. She had to sleep in her mother's bed for the rest of the night. Sometimes she stops while she's talking and stares in the corner of the room with wide eyes. Whenever I ask her what's wrong she shakes her head and mumbles something that I can never understand. I ask her again what she says but she shakes her head and says "Nothing."

My other cousin who is a few years older never has experiences like these except whistling wind in the night.

I was wondering if you could help me?

That would be fantastic.

Well, those are my paranormal experiences so far I might share others on other posts.

Other hauntings by doorperson

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, doorperson, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-05)
Hi:

I have not a doubt in my mind that the person you remember seeing was your grandfather. However; I don't believe that most spirits, especially our loving family members are just always around watching us. There are so many people and fascinating things to see on the other side that it would seem very strange unless this spirit had a reason to be here.

Now, just because a house is old does not make it haunted. In fact, brand new houses can be haunted also. Have you talked to your younger cousins about your sighting and the feelings you have because sometimes that can influence a young child to have bad dreams.

Now with that being said, I am not discounting your experiences just adding that not every little creep in the night or sound of whistling wind is a paranormal activity.

I am interested to hear more though... You state that you "those are my paranormal experiences so far I might share others on other posts".

Thanks, zeta.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-05)
Hello doorperson, it could be perfect possible that your grand dad visited you when you were a child. But as far as the experience of your cousin, I think there is some negative energy in the room and if she is able to see in the corner and mumbles something, gets frightened or says that a ghost is after her, then why you guys should not cleanse the room or the house. Try Rook's method of cleansing that is explained in many places in this site. Do it continuously for some days and it will definitely ward off the negative energies and entities. Ask your cousin to be bold and not get scared because our fear emboldens the negative entities. Cleanse the house and I feel that it could give you better results.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: