You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Did She Follow Me Home?

Real Ghost Stories

Did She Follow Me Home?

 

I'm seventeen, my parents kicked me out in October of 2012. I have my own apartment with my girlfriend. This happened in December, of last year.

I was walking home after work it was eight thirty at night it was raining. I stopped at Burger King and got my girlfriend and I dinner. After that I continued to walk home when I heard what sounded like a child crying coming from an alley. I went to see what was wrong and I found a girl curled up in a ball, crying. She couldn't have been more then seven or eight years old. Her clothes were filthy and they looked really worn. I figured she was homeless.

I managed to get her to look at me. I asked, "Whats wrong?" She said, "My mommy died." I said, "I'm so sorry to hear that are you okay?" She said, "I'll be fine." I was really worried the poor little thing was only in a shirt and shorts in the cold rain. So took off my jacket and put it on her. She looked really thin so I gave her the two cheese burgers and the soda I bought for myself. Finally I pulled out my wallet and gave her thirty dollars. I said, "Sorry but I have to go now." She said, "Okay bye and thank you." I said, "No problem." So after that I continued to walk home.

My girlfriend Annie wasn't home so I put the food in the fridge and went to take a shower. When I was about to go to the bathroom I heard a knock at the door. I opened the door and it was the same little girl from the ally. I asked her, "What are you doing here?" She said, "I wanted to thank you again." I just smiled and said, "Why don't you come in I'll get you something to drink." She said, "Thanks." I said, "Don't mention it." So I got her some milk and a few cookies.

I told her to sit and enjoy her snack I'd be right back I had to use the bathroom. When I came out the bathroom she was gone and the milk and cookies were untouched. So I looked around the apartment but she was no where to be found. I just thought she left, so I went back to take my shower I made sure the front door was locked and then I went to the bathroom. I shut and locked the bathroom door then stripped. I heard foot steps in the hallway right as I was about to get in the shower. I didn't know what to so I threw my boxers and pants on and ran out to see who it was.

There was no one. I checked the front door it was still locked. I just thought I was imagining it and got in the shower. While I was washing my hair I heard what sounded like a little girl giggling then out of the corner of my eye I saw the little girl. I looked at the door it was still locked and I didn't hear her come in. I asked her, "How did you get in here?" She didn't answer she just giggled. Then she grabbed my clothes and towel and took off. I grabbed my boxers (thankfully she didn't see) and ran after her.

Right when I was in the living room I saw her run in my room. At the same time my girlfriend Annie and five of her girlfriends came in. Annie asked why I was wet and running around in my underwear. I told her about the girl and she laughed. I said let's just get my clothes back okay. So the seven of us went in my room and searched. We didn't find anything. Then I walked in the living room I saw my clothes on the couch. I was shocked. I asked everyone if there was any way she could have slipped past us they all said no. So I checked the door, it was locked. None of us knew how she could have gotten out. So I just went and finished my shower.

An hour later when everyone left I heard giggling again and the girl was in the doorway of my room Annie asked how she got in. The girl just smiled and ran. Annie and I jumped out of bed and ran after her. We searched the apartment and again nothing. The little girl likes to have fun with us.

We don't have a problem with her we just want to know why she decided to have fun with us. Any guesses?

Other hauntings by chrisstar

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Mississippi

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, chrisstar, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2013-06-11)
Kiego - first, I owe you an apology. Unfortunately you happened to be the straw that broke my camel's back...you're right, there have been a lot of comments in this same vein. I just reacted badly tonight and I sincerely apologize. I try not to do that, but failed this time.

I do take this personally, simply because it's part of my personality. I really like this site. If I didn't care about members' reactions, I wouldn't get "worked up" 😉

I also want to thank you for what you said about my stories. So, again, I apologize for going off on you for saying the same thing about a 100 other members have said.

And you are right, there are rules that we go by when publishing the stories.
Kiego (2 stories) (52 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-11)
no need to get so worked up I am entitled to my opinion. I have heard a lot worse comments than the simple one I made.
Kiego (2 stories) (52 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-11)
Well Miracle here's the thing. I would gladly take the job as I have been a mod before. However that was back in high school before I owned my own business, had two kids and a wife, owned a home etc etc. I'm simply stating that for a site that CLEARLY dictates its rules for being able to publish a story, it seems to publish quite a bit of bull. Also, if I offended you personally I apologize, I had no idea that this "job" was so important to you. BTW, I do in fact love reading your stories, as I have just finished reading a couple on my downtime here at the office. Have a pleasant day.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2013-06-11)
Hey Kiego, you want the job? Seriously? I've just about had it with people trying to tell us how we should pay closer attention to the stories! If you don't like the story, or you don't believe it, move on!
Kiego (2 stories) (52 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-11)
Why are they not paying closer attention to the stories before allowing publications? This is a good tale, but a tale none the less.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-09)
Argette
I agree that this story is fictitious since chrisstar did not make any other comments except that he found out that he lives in the apartment the mother and daughter died in.
My comment was more of a warning about inviting spirits into your house/apartment. I also repeated some of the things he said because they don't make sense. A whole lot of this story doesn't make sense.
Argette (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-07)
I have to agree with Alan H. Too much in this story does not make sense.
Frederick (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-06)
As long as she does nothing harmful to hurt you guys? But that's scary indeed
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-06)
chrisstar
You are going to need rookdygins' help here.
Now here comes MY lecture! You find a little girl in an alley scantily dressed in cold rain and you give her your burger,jacket,and some money and just leave her there? Anybody with 2 brain cells would have called the police and stayed with her until they arrived even a 17 year old.
I don't want to say this but I have to. You sir are a jerk!
Then she shows up at your door saying she wanted to thank you and you invite her in and give her milk and cookies and STILL don't call the police?
Now IF this story IS true you invited a spirit possibly an IMP into your home. Now I say IMP because she gets into your bathroom without opening the door. You hear her giggle then she takes off with your clothes. Did she open the door? You're running after her with just boxers. You see her run into your room, your girlfriend walks in with her friends and you're soaking wet in boxers. What an eye full the girls got! Couldn't you have grabbed a towel? You eventually find your clothes in the living room. You asked the girls if she could have slipped by them they say no so you check the lock and go finish your shower.
An hour later you are in your room and the little girl giggle. Both you and your girlfriend see her and chase after her looking all over and not finding her? Your girlfriend wanted to know how she got in.
The answer is YOU INVITED HER IN.
It's possible that the little girl is a ghost of the little girl that died, But why wouldn't she have passed over with her mother? Why would you find her in an alley balled up crying and stop crying when you talked to her? I might be wrong but I'm still going with you have an IMP here that just looks like that little girl.
alandhopewell (28 stories) (145 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-02-06)
Personally, I taste a hook in this particular doughball.

Methinks you're having us on.
AUSTRIA (4 stories) (36 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-06)
strange experience. As for the title of your story "did she follow me home?"is not true. Actually she came back to HER home. Maybe she used to have fun with her mother and after her death she wants to have fun with you now. 😆 😁 😆
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-05)
When real life events don't add up, or make sense.
Kids that age don't normally resign themselves to the street life. "I'll be fine" and "Okay, thankyou, bye" and off you go to your apartment, putting the child behind you.
MizMiMi02 (8 stories) (56 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-05)
I'm not sure about this one either. As was mentioned below, why did you not contact the authorities or something? Even at 17, you know that leaving a crying little girl of 7-8 out out in an alley alone, isn't the best move right? So you give her food, and $30? To a child? Hmmm
honeysingh (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-05)
maybe you should change you're apartment?...😕 if she causes any trouble to you
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-05)
I'm unsure on this one altogether, It sounds a bit too far fetched for me personally, however if it IS true, then maybe she just felt like having some fun and you seemed like a nice person to play with?
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+4
11 years ago (2013-02-05)
RollingStonesGhost: Hostile much? Obviously there was a reason your accounts were not published, my Tarot cards would say differant to yours as well, I can't believe you even consult them over such a petty thing!

Dan
Casper_the_ghost (9 stories) (180 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-04)
Young kids are good at hiding so reckon she was still in your flat playing games with you. Don't believe her mother had died, why would she be alone? I think everything is true except that she is a ghost. Also I cannot believe you saying a mother and her daughter died in your flat-too much to take in sorry.
bmxing4life (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-04)
that is really wierd to me. I think she's a homeless or something. 😉
BatCat101 (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-04)
Thats cute I believe she chose you cause you can take place of her parents
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-04)
The moment I read the story, I first thought why the child was not taken to police, especially when the incident happened in USA. Even in my country, India, people just do not leave a child that too in freezing rain without protecting her. I find it hard to believe the story. I am generally not so blunt. But this story, I think, cannot be believed. That is my opinion.

With regards and respects,

SDS
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-04)
chisstar:

What do you mean by "an apartment complex being caught from 2009"?

I do not know what to say about your story... Some good humor, but nothing else.
LillyPieLindsay (35 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-04)
I tend to agree with GF... The OP obviously has a kind heart and if the story is true maybe its just their youth and naivete showing through... If you EVER find a child like that you should help, yes, but also call the authorities. No child belongs in the streets, although sometimes foster care is pretty bad, too!
GreyFeather (44 posts)
+8
11 years ago (2013-02-04)
So, you find a little girl crying in an alley in cold rain wearing next to nothing. You said you believed she was homeless. You give her a couple cheese burgers and a few dollars, and tell her you "have to go"? I find it hard to understand that you didn't take her immediately to the police. I assume you believed she was an actual live child and not a ghost. How is it that living in Mississippi you were unaware of child protective agencies that would provide for the child you found? Didn't think to contact authorities for a child you believed was homeless, hungry, cold? Really?
The child shows up at your apartment door; you invite her in for something to drink; still no thought to contact a cop,heh?
This story doesn't add up.
If you thought she was a ghost, why the food and money? If you thought her a distraught child, why no effort to get police involved?
RAWR (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-03)
she is probably bored from being a spirit for so long, she just wants some one to play with because her mom is gone. You should also figure out how they died.
rockangel13 (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-03)
I guess she felt really grateful to you for giving her food and money ans so she decided to stay with you. Maybe she was a mischievous girl by nature, like MrJV545 said.
RollingStonesGhost (19 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-03)
Chrisstar,Looks like that little girl sort comfort becuase she is still missing her Mom. And because you showed her such kindness and generosity she knew she could trust you. So she turned up looking like she had followed you home. When in fact her mom and her died there which is so sad.
She clearly likes you, and your girlfriend to I get that feeling... She was only really just playing with you. She ment no harm. I think she just enjoyed the fact you could see her and that you were so nice too her. I think you were very lucky to have had her around, prankster or not.

Jesse.
chrisstar (5 stories) (14 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-03)
I recently looked into local deaths involving a mother and daughter. I founded a story about an apartment complex being caught from 2009. The only fatalities were a mother and daughter. I'm convinced that the little girl from the photo in the news paper article and the little girl in my apartment are the same girl. I also found out my girlfriend and I are staying in the same apartment the little girl and her mother died in.
MrJV545 (16 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-02)
Just my guess but if her mother really did die then she may be distracting herself from it. That or she's just plain mischievous.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: