You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Haunting Of Thameside Theatre

Real Ghost Stories

The Haunting Of Thameside Theatre

 

Before I start my experience, this is my first post and I am now 15. This happened to me when I was about 8.

I can feel the presence of a spirit energy. This story is about the presence I could feel at the theatre back when I was 8. The Theatre itself is on the top floor Level 3 of the Thameside Complex and has been there now for years I believe back to the 80s. There is a backstage staircase which leads down to the changing rooms, toilets and fire exit stairwell. The changing rooms are located on Level 2.

On with the story. When I was 8, I was doing my first theatre production which was Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Being on stage and in the auditorium it was all fine, but once I took one step into the wings (Backstage) that all changed. Once stepping in to the wings I would get really bad chills down my spine and just go really cold. This was the same feeling around the entire backstage area.

I remember having to go down the stairs to the backstage toilets on my own. Even though I was on my own, I couldn't help having the feeling that somebody or something was there watching me and following my every moment. Once I went to the toilet I quickly rushed up the stairs and go back on the stage or auditorium and I'd feel fine. If I wanted to use the toilet for the rest of the week I would always go with someone else, never on my own.

Following years I never experienced anything else at the theatre but I still believe it's haunted. It was only last year a crew member of the theatre told me that he believes it's haunted. Working there for years he told me he has seen lots of things he cannot explain.

I will never forget about this experience being my first and always believe the theatre is haunted.

Thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by benmower

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, benmower, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-06)
Hi benmower, if you know the crew member of the theatre and if he has confessed to you last year that the theatre is haunted and he has seen a lot of things that could not be explained, then you should investigate more or query him more. Well, as far as the backstage happenings are concerned that you felt, it could be the presence of some spirits or entities. But, you also said that you did not feel the same way in the subsequent years. So, it is better that you ask the crew member and others, if possible, make some research and post it in the site. It could lead to some answers as to why you experienced chills in the backstage.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
RollingStonesGhost (19 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-05)
Casper The Ghost, yeah you got a point there it isn't a movie reveiw... On subject mamachong, please.

Benmower,
With the history of the area of the Thames especially in the main city of London there is so much history in the ways of odd occurances... Prostitues going missing during WWII (They caught a guy who admitted to it called him the "Blackout Killer" killing working girls during London Blackouts during the war, the guy was as soldier), could be spirits of some of those girls he dumped along the Thames... But so many bodies have been dumped along and in the Thames. Also a lot of robberies, fires, accidents, drownings, dumping of unwanted babies (very sadly, several people were charged with this in the late 1800's). All sort of other things like bootlegging, stabbings, pirates very early on, many wars... Gosh there are so many reasons you could have felt a spirit or spirits around. Depending on where the theatre is located. I would like to go to England and check out some of the brilliant haunted places they have. Maybe one day. When I'm not so busy.

Jesse.
Casper_the_ghost (9 stories) (180 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-04)
mamachong, what has your comment to do with the story at hand? This isn't a film website?

OP, trying to picture where this theatre is, as I'm often on holiday and go for walks by the Thames. What you felt was probably true as theatres are big open dark spaces-not uncommon to feel cold and uneasy. And when 8 years of age, the mind can conjure up all sorts of things.
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-03)
I remember chitty chitty bang bang. I watched it as a kid on vhs. I think it was already several years old by then, not sure though. (80's.) I watched it with my 8 year old on DVD just recently, couple months ago.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: