You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Life In My Brother's House

Real Ghost Stories

Life In My Brother's House

 

I am 14 years old and I live with my brother, who is 18 years old. He has his own house and I moved in with him. I am very obsessed in the paranormal and have read many stories on this site. I hope this gives you enough about me.

I was in bed because it was the weekend and I woke up feeling as if someone was in the room with me. I went downstairs and told my brother. My brother told me to go for a walk and I did that.

When I got back I was looking in one of the pictures of me when I was little and I noticed something (not in the picture) in the corner of my eye. A faint figure of an old woman. When I turned round to see it properly nothing was there.

I told my brother what I had seen. He is the only person I can rely on. He said to me that when he first moved out of my parents' house and into this house, about a couple of months before I moved in with him, he saw a faint figure of an old woman too. I believed my brother because I don't think a big brother would try and tell lies.

Later that day I heard footsteps coming from the living room. I was so scared that I took another walk and came back with my mind completely free of it. Now this is all around lunch time. At 12:30 pm I felt someone pull my hair pretty viciously and then when I turned round no one was there.

At that point I was so freaked out that I went literally screaming to my brother, "Something pulled my hair, but when I turned round no one was there." He said, "Where were you when something pulled your hair?" I said, "In the bathroom doing my face." He came with me to get my make up and he said that I could do it in the living room mirror.

At around 3:00 pm I saw some one walking up the stairs and I swear to you that I saw an old lady walking up the stairs. I rushed to get the camera and get a snapshot of her but she had gone by the time I got there with the camera.

Many things have happened when I have lived in that house with my brother. But that was one of the major ones I have experienced.

I would like to know if anyone has had anything similar to what I have experienced.

Thanks for reading

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, teddysmummy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

teddysmummy (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-06)
Thanks and I have witnessed a lot and I spend a lot of time on your ghost stories.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-05)
Interesting. Just would like to say that your brother is quite unique to have his own house at the mere age of 18 and even more unique to let his baby sis move in with him. Just curious... Why at such a young age are you so obsessed with the paranormal? Have you witnessed a lot?

Thanks, zeta.
robertar (223 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-05)
You might consider asking your brother to tell whoever it is that they are not allowed in his home. Even deceased owners lose rights of ownership upon dying.

At least tell 'it' not to pull your hair or bother you otherwise.

Youmight have to do this repeatedly before 'it' gives up.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-05)
teddysmummy,

Right, I've now moved out to the back 40...

Your Parents saved up enough money to move from a home that was too big into a home that was too small to allow you to move with them?

If that's really the case then I'm glad you had a place to go at your brothers home.

Rook
teddysmummy (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-04)
rookdygin- My brother does know that an old woman died in the house before he moved in.

My parents had a big house that was rented and could not keep up with the rent. So they moved, when they had enough money, to a small house. My brother moved out because he was old enough an when he had gotten use to the new house I moved in with him.

Nope your 3rd thought isn't odd to me because maybe that is what happened.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-04)
Questions, Questions, Questions...

First, Please do not think me rude... How is it you were (are) living with your brother? You mentioned you were 14 and you also stated that your brother had moved out of your parents home, how old was he if he's only 18 now and What (if anything) happened to your parents?

Second, You mentioned your brother told you he also had seen a figure of an old woman... Does he know any of the History of his 'house'?

Third, If... If (BIG IF) there is really a spirit with-in this 'home' and its a 'little old lady' then perhaps she pulled your hair because she doesn't know you are brother and sister and in 'her eyes' she thinks something else is happening. Just an odd thought I had.

Please keep us updated, but for the moment I'm out at the fence line waiting to 'read' more. I hope you answer my questions...

Respectfully,

Rook
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-03)
teddysmummy - it put "young adult" because the age you said you were when you submitted your story wasn't 14, or anything close to that.
teddysmummy (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-03)
Well I don't exactly know why it put "young adult" but anyway I am 14. At least the story was published ❤
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+4
11 years ago (2013-02-03)
teddysmummy - I do have a question. You said you are 14, yet the age you gave when you submitted your story puts you in the "young adult" category. Normally I like to give people the benefit of a doubt because sometimes fingers can hit the wrong key, but when it couldn't have been a slip of the finger, well that's another thing.

Believe it or not, we do pay attention to that kind of thing. And it really does make a difference in whether or not people believe your story. 😐

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: