You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My Mum's Spooky Experiences

Real Ghost Stories

My Mum's Spooky Experiences

 

None of these are my experiences, just my mum's. They are all true and I'd like to share them though...

When my mum was a teenager, and early 20s she shared a small house with two friends, Jodie and Maggie. One night, they were sitting in the lounge room, watching TV and talking to each other. Suddenly, there was a scrape scrape scraping noise on the wall. It sounded as if someone or something was scraping their finger nail behind the plaster on the wall. They got so scared they ran to Jodie's bedroom. The sound continued, and they were scared out of their wits. In the end Jodie had to ring her boyfriend to come and search the house. A few other occurrences happened in that house, like a glass plate shattering to pieces when no-one was in that room, or footsteps.

Now my next story. Once my mum was at her boyfriend's house. He had a photo of his great grandmother next to the stairs. She died when she was very young in that very house. My mum was sitting on the couch while her boyfriend went to get some refreshments. When he came back, his whole face was white, and he was nearly in tears. My mum was all worried and said "Whats wrong? What happened?" he said he was walking along, and as he passed the staircase he saw a little girl beckoning for him to come up the stairs. She looked exactly like the girl in the photo, it was his great grandmother as a ghost. My mum knew he was not lying because as I said before, he was near tears.

Once my mum had a small ginger kitten, it was very cute and one of her favourites. She had a framed picture of it above her bed. One day, it fell and smashed to the ground in pieces. Two days later, the little kitten got ran over by a car. Poor kitty.

This last story only happened a few years ago. My mum was sleeping and she had a dream her Uncle John, who died quite a few years back was trying to tell her something. She didn't want to hear it so she woke up sweating and gasping for breath. It seemed so real, like it only happened a few seconds ago. A month later, Uncle John's wife who was still alive began writing letters back to her sister, which hadn't happened for the past few years. That might've been what Uncle John was trying to tell my mum, but she didn't want to hear it.

That is practically all my mum's ghostly experiences, I might post my last one later.

I hope you enjoyed it:)

Other hauntings by doorperson

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, doorperson, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-14)
Nice account of your mother's experience. I have a question for you. It looks like your brother is sensitive and that her Uncle John was trying to communicate with her. Why didn't she want to hear what he said?
SebastianRaynes73 (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-12)
Freaky,it look like your Mom is a bit sensitive to the spiritual plane. And her boyfriend too by the sound of it. I think i'd be a little freaked out too if I suddenly saw my dead great grandma if she hadnt turned up before for me to see her and I knew she had died in the house I was living in at the time. I don't think she ment him any harm though, she probably knew he was a relative and wanted to try to talk to him. My mom's maternal grandpa did this to me when I was 18. And he had died when my mom was 6 and had never met me but he knew who I was. We even had a very short conversation. Thing is we both work in the same type of job now. Maybe it was to do with it. But I wasn't working at the job then, I was in college.

Sorry to hear about what happened to your mom's cat. Poor kitty is right. Might have been a sign. Thats just horrible.

Sebastian.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: