You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: The Basement Dancer

Real Ghost Stories

The Basement Dancer

 

The year, I think, was 1992 in December. I was 8 years old. On this day my mother and father had gotten home from shopping. I was excited to find out that they had gone Christmas shopping! So as I was looking through the already wrapped gifts, I saw that I had less then everyone else. Being a kid I quickly started whining and threw a fit all over the place. Even during the explanation of why I had less (I later found out it was because I was the one constantly digging and peeking through my gifts so they didn't want to put more under the tree then they already had too until the last minute).

I ran downstairs with only the light from the backdoor window shining down the steps enough to give me a view of them. Not realizing that no other light was on, as I got to the bottom I turned the corner into the living area where there was a bed for "guest" and I jumped on it digging my face into the pillow. See, I thought someone was going to come down after me but I guess they just wanted me to cry it out.

After a while my ears picked up a noise coming from around the stairs in the Laundry Room (see if you went downstairs you turned the opposite from the living area and went beside the steps to the laundry room. It was like a whole other area back there with two closets and a little storage space behind the steps. From there you could actually grab someone's legs coming down because the stairs were gaped in between them, if you know what I'm saying). For a few seconds I would try to understand the noise and figure out where it was actually coming from. Then I thought about the Laundry Room. To my horror I then realized what it sounded like... Baby dress shoes dancing or jumping. My heart stopped and I could not move. Even my voice was no more after trying to call out for my mom. After a few seconds (which felt like hours) I started moving off the bed looking around the dark corner at the same time. The Steps and the small part of the concrete floor lid up by the back door was the only comfort I had. Moving closer to the steps the "dancing" still continued and did so until I arrived at the first step.

Just before I began to run, it sounded as if the noise was coming closer to me from around the corner. About that time I was running up the steps yelling "mom!, Mom!" at the same time waiting for something to grab my feet on the way up. I can still remember the feeling of something staring at me from the bottom of the steps.

This house was not new when my parents bought it. So many strange things have happened in this house during the time we had lived in it (1988 - 1995).

If you would like to hear some more terrifying stories from this house and other family homes you can email me at tonighttheyfly [at] yahoo [dot] com

Thanks.

Scott R.

Other hauntings by ScottRuiz

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ScottRuiz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ScottRuiz (7 stories) (13 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-24)
Yes. Thanks for the comments. I really appreciate them. Almost everynight before I went to bed I would make sure the door that led to the basment from the bathroom was locked and and I would put a Rolling pin layin behind the frige jamming the basment door in the kitchen shut because it opened as you pulled it.

I can only think of it as baby dress shoes. I remember my baby sister having a pair and I remember how they sounded on the sidewalk or concrete.

Thanks again on the coments. I have a few more about this house.
Do you believe in folowing spirits?
poltergeistfan (3 stories) (26 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-23)
Wow, I have stairs just like those, an dnow I'm afraid to go downstairs, gee thanks 😜
CearysAwesome (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-20)
Now that's a freaky tale. Poor little baby must have died. She must have liked to dance. Kinda cute though because babies dancing are so cute. 😆

Oh and would you write another story about the house for us?

Ceary
lian01 (3 stories) (65 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-20)
That's a really freaky story. Excuse my ignorance, but 'baby dress shoes'? I'm presuming they are just little shoes for babies? It doesn't matter because it's still really freaky!
Good story
Hawkgirl (6 stories) (55 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-17)
That was pretty scary. I can picture those stairs, I have to deal with them at my best friend's house. I'm 21 and still run like a rocket taking 2 steps at a time because the feeling that something may grab my feet doesn't go away.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: