You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The British Princess

Real Ghost Stories

The British Princess

 

This happened when I was in sixth grade. My classroom had an another room attached to it (My school was a British king's place where [according to legend]his wife and daughter used to live). We weren't allowed to go inside but me and my friends always took a peek through the glass doors. It looked like a bathroom because it had an old fashioned mirror on a side, you could see pulled off pipes everywhere and even a filled pit which seemed like there was a bathtub there before. It even had two beautiful wood-carved cupboards with glass paned doors.

One day after school I was waiting for my friends to get our teacher's registers to keep them in the cupboard (I was the in-charge of the cupboards so I had the keys). We were about to leave when we heard a noise that sounded like a cupboard was flung open. When we turned we realized that the noise came from the attached room. So we decided to take a peek. We saw the silhouette a beautiful woman in a gown who seemed to be in her early twenties opening and closing the glass-paned cupboard again and again. Then she suddenly walked towards the other cupboard. We were busy looking at her when we heard a knock on the classroom door. We saw our headmistress standing near the door. Within a second we turned to the bathroom again and saw that the girl had vanished.

After that day I always went home as soon as the bell rang. My friends and I never peeked into the room again and never talked about it. But I still wanted to know more about her. So I looked on the internet and found that the girl we saw was the daughter of the British king and had died in the castle after suffering from a disease for a long time. I even asked my teacher (we were very close to each other) and she told me that my classroom including the attached room, was the princess's room itself.

Even though I was a little scared during this experience (as it was my first one) I wanted to see more and more ghosts. And I did have many more experiences after this.

Other hauntings by AUSTRIA

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AUSTRIA, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AUSTRIA (4 stories) (36 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-06)
Dear Sceptic-ari,

I already have mentioned that only the Wife and Daughter used to live there and that was not permanent either. They went to England, sometimes even with the Viceroy. It was more like a summer cottage (but way bigger). And just in a matter-of-fact manner, there are more than three buildings in or outside Shimla. And as I already mentioned my school was many things before it became our school so it has many histories.
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-03-05)
Dear AUSTRIA,
I apologise for being late to the reply.

As per my knowledge, there are 3 Viceregal bungalows/palaces in and around Shimla.
Neither were in the business of running any children's school, nor was anyone of the Viceroys living there permanently with his family.

It would be fitting if you look into the history of the building yourself and let us know please, since you cannot give us the name?

Regards
AUSTRIA (4 stories) (36 posts)
-3
11 years ago (2013-03-03)
Dear Sceptic-Ari,
The lady who told us the history of our school told us the history in Hindi so she said 'Raja' as she did not have a word for 'Viceroys'and as she had told me I wrote,'king'. Then after the comments I got on my story I asked her the name of the 'KING' she told me about and I figured that she meant 'viceroy' not 'king'.And as per my parents rules I am not allowed to say anything in detail about the viceroy or my school as it may affect the school's reputation. Any ways, I have many more stories to share.

Regards, Austria 😁 😁 😁
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-03-02)
Dear Austria,
Tut tut... What are you saying about Indian people calling viceroys "kings"!
I shall oppose that from being considered as a fact... Indian people had been subjugated for such a long time, that even a layman knows a viceroy from the king.

Moreover, quoting you:
"I even asked my teacher (we were very close to each other) and she told me that my classroom including the attached room, was the princess's room itself."-and your teacher didn't tell you that it wasn't the king but a viceroy! She rather called the daughter of the viceroy a princess!

May I ask you where in Shimla is this bungalow? I have been to Shimla twice, and plan to visit again... And I love historical places.So, please reply!

Regards
AUSTRIA (4 stories) (36 posts)
-2
11 years ago (2013-03-02)
I apologise for using the word 'king' instead of 'viceroy'.You see in India people think of and call the viceroys 'kings'.So I guess that is because the lady who told us the history of our school (as she was a teacher in the school when she was young). And as to answer other's questions;As I have said in the story, the WIFE and DAUGHTER used to live there. And you might be aware that many wives and young daughters of viceroys have visited India. The story is from a town named Shimla not,Mumbai.It used to be the summer capital of the British as well. And as our school landed into many hands before becoming our school so it has many stories related to it. Thus we prefer 'legend'.
zombie_killer_of_india (35 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-02-15)
[at]redwolf:Even if british kings never lived in india but many viceroys and lords lived in mumbai. British lived in mumbaimost during british rule (1757 onwards) because-
1.Threat of portugal territory-goa.
2.The maratha army remained loyal to the british.
Hades666 (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-14)
Mentioned in your story you write "[according to legend]" I'm sorry to say but by reading your story it seems like this is just part of your imagination and you may have manifested this apparition from your subconcious mind, and you think you that you saw the "princess". I'm going to have to agree with the other commenters on this one. Seems like a figment of your imagination, not to sound too harsh. Unless you can provide evidence based upon your school's past and history.
Mac_Barbie93 (6 stories) (42 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-14)
Is this by any chance the walsingham house school in mumbai? I've heard of it from a few friends living there.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+5
11 years ago (2013-02-14)
Austria,
I'm with lady-glow. Is this legend or history? Which British King had a place (?) in India? I don't remember my history especially English history very well but I don't recall a British King ever living in India.

Like I said I'm with lady-glow it looks like the product of someones imagination.
scaredofstuff (2 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-13)
OMG super creepy simaler legend at my old school with a lady named lady mabel:-)
JennZ (72 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-13)
Cool story! I too would like to see a picture if possible... Thanx for sharing...
CatherynLynx (6 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-12)
Wow! I believe it but I have never seen a ghost before well I think because one day I was with my friend and we were playing in my room in the dark then suddenly, Lucy (my friend) turned off the light and I think I saw a woman in a white dress sitting in my desk chair... 😨
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+5
11 years ago (2013-02-12)
Legend or history?
Could you please share with us the link that tells the history of the "castle" and the king, queen and princess that used to live where your school is now?

Are there any pictures of the dead princess and, if so, does she look like the apparition you and your friends saw?

I'm sorry, but without this information your story looks like the product of an overactive imagination. 🤔

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: