You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Shaken And Awoken By Something

Real Ghost Stories

Shaken And Awoken By Something

 

I have never experienced anything like this before and would love anyone to offer me some explanation or advice.

I went to bed last night as usual with my boyfriend that stays over some nights. We got to sleep around 2am.

I never checked the time but was awoke by something shaking me roughly. I woke up to see a dark figure close to my face. I thought it was my partner waking me up as he works early mornings and it's usually dark when he gets up.

As the figure faded back I looked to the side and my partner was in bed next to me. I freaked and looked back. I couldn't make out what he looked like but it was a male figure. I froze in shock as he just stared at me then vanished through my closed bedroom door.

All my doors had been locked as usual. This wasn't an intruder from this life, I just knew it. The way I felt deep down, I didn't scream I just stared back, wondering why this thing was here and what it wanted. I couldn't get myself to speak or react in any way. It's almost as if I was just frozen. I feel that I was so afraid I just lost all control of myself.

This is something I have never experienced or felt before and it scared the hell out of me. I need to know if this will happen again and if it, does what do I do? Please, if someone has had the same kind of experience, or if anyone can give me any information on this, I would really appreciate it. Thanks Kerry x

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kerryrogerson94, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Dontbeafraid (13 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-26)
[at] isodle, well from my personal expareince bad turned to Worse when I decided to Summon it and ask why is this being doing this to me?
When I did my life turned to actaul "HELL" it would pop out of no where this black shaddow... It started in night but then soon in class,hallways, my freinds house. Every where I went. I then thought it might be my mind playing tricks so I let it be. I even went to an eye doc. To make sure I'm not going blind or something.
But when my freind saw it with me that's when I knew I'm not going insane.
Ill soon post my story.
And "sleep paralysis" is understandable. But seeing what crawls up and walks towards you, feeling the breath of it on your face. That's not JUST some sleeping disorder.
Arhuaco (1 posts)
-2
11 years ago (2013-02-19)
Hi there...
Hallo guys
It's amazing after so many years of
Not believing in this kind of cases
That I have to accept that this really exist...
I start looking now for answers.clues...or advise...
Because one and a half week ago I experienced while I was sleeping in my sofa, that some kind of body... Or an unsolid representation of a body wanted to intrued me in my sleep... I was sleeping with my mouth down... And I felt how this thing tried to fell on me... I turn around and I put the lights on... Not being scared but consternated of what happened... So I decided to go to my bedroom but I was so curious that I return down to my sofa to see If I could felt it again... I lay in the same position that the first time... And after falling asleep happens again... I turn this time my mouth up to get a better position and try to see what it was... I felt again in sleep and this time, what it was... I touched it with my to hands and I put it away... Saying stop! Weird is that I had this volume of air massa in my hand... Like a real person... I was shocked... And I start looking for answer with some family members that were more familiar with those cases and they gave me a prayer to safe me, my family and my spaces... Then this happenning stops until yesterday night that sleeping mouth up... Happened again... But this time I was not able to put it away from me or even say or movinga thing... Then I kick repetedly my wife to get her awake apparently she didn't felt me and was the only moment that I was able to put this two forces away one was holding my chest, and the other my legs near to my body part, and when a tried to pushiat away it jumped to my body part like trying to reach it to hurt me... My wife did't wake up just until I began my prayer... Then was gone... I couldn't sleep anymore And today I feel so tired like never before... I can stand arise... And I keep burping all the time...
dennismc (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-19)
I have had friends with similar things happen with friends and by experience, this is the solid answer. Get a person or better a friend who you know is a strong Christian, get them to bless you and your partner and house. If this is a demon rather than a ghost, it will get a Lot worse unless you get a person I am talking about. You may not welcome my advice, but it will be your best solution.
cutiepiecharlie (17 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-18)
this has happened to me millions of times just say I'm trying to sleep and see what happens it works all the time with ghostly figures and encounters they'll stop soon if you say I'm trying to sleep or whatever your doing they either lie beside me or go away 😊
JennZ (72 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-18)
I totally agree with Isolde and Sds... I had a few experiences where it felt as if someone was sitting on my chest and I couldn't breath. I noticed this only happens when I'm sleeping on my back... So maybe it is just sp. Maybe try sleeping on your side. Best Wishes and Please keep us updated...
-Jenn-
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-18)
Hello kerryrogerson94, it might be sleep paralysis. But with only one experience, we cannot classify it as paranormal or anything else. It is quite hard to figure out if it would come again. But, if it does, please keep us posted. Because with only one encounter, it is highly improbable to comment on it. It might be your mind was playing games with you since you were up in pitch dark or might be a stray paranormal encounter or others.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Isolde (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-16)
You said you were frozen? Like paralysed? Did you consider it might be sleep paralysis? It is only you who will know if that is a possibility. I experienced something that started out similar, only it didn't stop with me getting out of bed and switching on the light. It sounds to me that in your case it did by you getting fully awake.

[at] dontbeafraid: what do you mean exactly by "do not entertain it by going to extremes to stop it"?
The experience of your teachers sounds like sleep paralysis to me.
Dontbeafraid (13 posts)
-2
11 years ago (2013-02-16)
Hello, I have had such experiances where I wake up being shaken or even moved from my place aswell as half awake seeing a figure moving towards me at the first I'd always see the fingures creeping up behind my thrown clothes on the floor standing up not showing its face or so due to the pile of clothes but as soon as its about to pull the clothes off my spouse would wake me up saying saying I was jerking and mumbeling "help" after learning what it was I did my research and usually saying such as Alluhabkr or La Illah illa allah wouldd snap me out of it easily. My reasearch gave me the reason this happens is Djin wants to scare you grab your attation frighten you into believeing your doom through that you will go to extrems to stop it but only entertaining it. My teacher has experiances being half awake always towards her bedroom door seeing something creep up and crawl on top of her pushing her down into her matress... Many times she's awaken by her spouse claiming she's been choaking... Whatever you do. Do not entertain it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: