You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Something Is Under The Bed

Real Ghost Stories

Something Is Under The Bed

 

When I was thirteen years old, I had an experience that I can't explain which gave me a horrible scare. Shortly after my grandpa passed away, I lay awake in bed one summer night thinking of him as I listened to my sister snoring across from me. My dad had left for work and my mother was in her room with the door closed, wearing her usual set of earplugs so as not to hear our nightly chatter.

As I lay there with my covers up around my chest, I could hear the traffic outside and people making all kinds of noises. Suddenly, my covers were yanked all the way down to my ankles! My first reaction was to just lay there and not move. I didn't know what to do. I remember feeling my heart throbbing inside my chest so loud that I thought I would wake up my sister. Unfortunately, I had no such luck. After a few minutes of lying so still and not moving, I decided to try and pull my covers back up to where they had been.

Slowly, I reached down, barely moving, and with both hands gave a yank. But to my surprise, the covers were stuck as if something had a firm hold on them! The covers didn't even budge an inch. "Oh my God!" I thought to myself, "What is under my bed?" I tried two more tugs on my covers with no luck. At this point, I was so scared that I couldn't even speak. I was trying to yell, "Help!" but nothing came out. "What am I going to do?" I wondered.

I thought maybe I could jump off my bed and make a dash for the light switch, but I imagined this hideous creature under my bed reaching out and grabbing my ankles as I sprang for the lights. At this point, the thought was just too much to comprehend. I was literally paralyzed by fear.

By now, I was soaking wet from nervous perspiration and shaking inside from fear. I thought of all the bad things I might have done to make me deserve this night of terror. I decided to give it one more shot--just give a big yank with all my strength, maybe the covers would come loose. So with a last-ditch effort, I gave a big yank. To my surprise, the covers came flying up over my head as if they had never been stuck at all! At this point, I wasn't going to waste any time. I tucked those covers underneath my legs, covered my head and held the excess covers in my hand. Nothing was going to get me now! I was safe under my covers.

Shortly, after hyperventilating, I fell asleep. Unfortunately my night did not end here. I began to dream. I was in my room again, in my bed, but this time my sister was awake. She was standing next to my bed brushing her hair at our vanity. "Will you please reach under my bed and get Tilly (my ragdoll) for me?" You see, I had this great plan that whatever was under my bed was still there. However, my sister was going to see it, not me.

As my sister bent down to reach under my bed, she let out this terrible scream and backed away from my bed. I was startled by this reaction and without thinking, I flung my legs off the bed to run away. As I did this, a golden-clawed hand came out from under my bed and grabbed my ankle!

The next thing I knew it was morning and it was all over. I ran out of my room, happy to be alive but when I told my parents what had happened, they just blamed it on an over-active imagination. I was upset because I know it happened.

I don't know what it was that was under my bed that night, but to this day, I still worry about it coming back for me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MAL0645, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MAL0645 (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-20)
Hi everyone! Thanks for your comments. This incident actually was the first of some other very weird experiences centering around my grandfather's death. The other experiences happened at my grandmother's house a week or so later. Now that I am an adult, I have also lost my father, which my grandfather was his dad, and I had many more experiences after my own dad died as well. My grandfather was a prankster and this probably was him messing with me.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-18)
Hi MAL0645, I leave the dream part of the narrative. Well you said that you were hearing the traffic sounds and noises people made outside. I am just asking out of curiosity, were the windows open or whether there was sudden gush of wind then? Perhaps the blankets might have hooked itself to something that did not give way when you tried to pull initially.

I want ask you further did you ask your sister if she had any such experiences and also if the same was your only experience.

If it is your only experience on your bed, I mean, then I discount the aspect of it being a paranormal one. Probably there might be some rational reason to it. Without any further input, my deduction is to this limit only. I do not mean to offend you.

I told you already the dream part might be a fall out of your imagination.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
BeauZah (10 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-17)
Thanks mate now i'm not going to be sleepin tonight, I thought the monster under my bed died from the aerosol air freshiners a long time ago, guess i'll have to buy some more. 😜
Isolde (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-16)
haha... You let your sister do the 'dirty' work? Nice...
Could be real (to me that is a true possibility, so no discrediting you), could be sleep paralysis in combination with two vivid dreams. Who knows. I believe that it was scary.
Don't know if it was your grandfather, your own mind running away with you, or that your grieve let you be vulnerable to something.
You were 13 and now you're a middle aged adult. Why are you worried about it coming back? Has anything happen in the meantime? Frankly I don't get the feeling it will, but that's just my gut talking based on your story.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-16)
Hi Mal,
*Shiver* I hate it when that happens; you know very well you experianced 'something', but no one seems to believe you. Although, in a way you sortof deserved the actual dream part. I mean you were going to let it get your sister! Shame on you! 😉 As if I would not have done the same, probably.
You said this was shortly after your grandfather passed away. Did he happen to be a prankster? I was thinking, that perhaps this was his idea of a fare-well joke?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: