You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Devoted Parents

Real Ghost Stories

Devoted Parents

 

I was spoken to by ghosts, only they did not reveal themselves in a visual form and they did not speak with voices, instead they spoke with energy. When I was working on my undergrad, I did a paper about cemeteries. I decided to go to the oldest cemetery in my tiny town, dating back to 1814. When I got there, one headstone stood out to me and made me feel sad. It was a marker for 3 little girls, all who had died by age 10.

A week later, I went back to visit them. I felt so sad for them, they were so young and their last names weren't even etched in the headstone. While visiting, I then got the overwhelming urge to look at the headstones behind their stone. I just ignored it and left. The following week I stopped by again. I got the same urge to look at the other headstones again and this time I went with it. Then I saw it, the back of their headstone. Written on the other side were their last names and the names of their parents. Then I felt this energy like someone telling me, "We are good parents, thank you, but we can take care of our daughters..." It seemed like the energy was all over, in the air, in the wind, and I could hear them even though they didn't speak.

Thanks, El

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, El, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-19)
what a very heart touching story. I felt as if I was there with you looking at the stone.

it is wonderful to think that the parental bond with with the girls.

God Bless!
El (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-28)
There's more to this story, actually. I wasn't clear about how much I could write in my submision, there was a character counter and I thought I couldn't go over 1,200 characters.

Anyway, when I went back the second time I brought with me this angel figurine and left it for them in front of the headstone where one would put flowers. When I came back the following week someone had placed it on top of the headstone, singleing it out from all the others, so that when I looked at the headstone from behind I noticed right away that it was the same stone and one I had seen many times before but never realized.
CearysAwesome (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-21)
Quite interesting. I am not sure how I can help but it does sound as if you have a point to feeling something from these stones. Trauma can leave behind a feeling. I think that we all can feel the trauma or anxiety or happiness from things whether dead or alive.

Ceary
purplequeen12 (2 stories) (69 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-21)
Amazing experience. Thank you so much for sharing! I'm glad you looked at the back of the headstone, it really was incredible. 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: