You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Man In My Room And My Special Grandmother

Real Ghost Stories

The Man In My Room And My Special Grandmother

 

This is my first time sharing my experience in here so I apologize if my writing skills aren't as good as others, bear with me! I just want to give you a bit of background history to make this story easier to understand.

At the age of 6 my disabled sibling was born and my grandparents brought me up so my parents could focus on my sibling, although, my parents lived down the road and I was free to visit whenever so I didn't have a sad childhood-just a very lucky one.

Anyway, at the age of 16 I wanted to move back in with my mother, who had by now divorced my father. The council had given her a 3 bedroom house which, to be fair, my mother did to a good standard (it had only had one occupant previously from it being built, and they had died of natural causes in the bathtub so I hope this gives you a clue to how old the previous occupant was, which isn't too old for an age of a house.) My mother had given me the large rear bedroom and I absolutely loved it!

Around 3 months after moving in, I was lying in bed around 11pm when I felt a light weight on the end of my bed, nothing too alarming but enough to feel. I looked and saw nothing. This event repeated itself on and off for weeks but never actually scared me.

The whole house would do strange things, but besides my mother, nobody else actually was bothered by it. However, I arrived back from college one afternoon to see my mum surprised at seeing my face.

"When did you get dressed?" She asked.

"Mam I've been in college all day so I've been dressed all day!"

It was 4pm now, and I had been out of the house since 9am. She then said, "No, you were definitely in bed when I got home an hour ago, I saw you in bed, and you even said 'no thank you' when I asked you if you wanted a coffee?". Well, I definitely wasn't!

A separate event that happened in my bedroom was whilst it was just me and a friend staying there. We had both got into bed and around 3 am she woke me saying there was a man stood next to me (I always sleep on the outside if the bed or the side closer the door as I have always had a weird feeling about being able to escape or knowing that I am confined somewhere does not sit well with me). I woke up and I saw nothing. She carried on getting more and more upset and describing him in perfect detail until I put my glasses on. There, to my right hand side, was a hooded man, but if I am honest I didn't really think I was awake until my friend point blank refused to sleep in my room and insisted on going downstairs.

Fast track 3 years later, I went to see a psychic and medium (a couple) after then my best friend and beautiful, brave and courageous Grandmother took her life. Before I even mentioned my grandmother or anything associated, the lady (I'm not sure what her job was but she made me pick out a few cards with pictures on) told me a man was with me, but I refused for her to say any more as I told her she must be confused- I had never lost any males in my life so she must be mistaken. The psychic told me it was my grandmother who sat on the end of my bed (which made me feel somewhat relieved).

This has stuck with me, as I know live with my partner in our own home, and I think about my Grandmother every day and hope whoever this male was will keep away, but would like to hear any other users who have lost family members in this way and if you those types of deaths leads to a different afterlife? Might not make sense, but the vicar told the family that people who take their own life are different beings. Is this what this man is?

Thank you for reading, I am sorry if events are jumbled I just wanted to write it so it might make chronological sense.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Aimeeashley, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Aimeeashley (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-07)
Hi everyone. I'm sorry I haven't replied, I haven't been rude just settling into the new house.

Lostghostgal, I couldn't imagine why's ghost would want to copy me, I'd choose someone worth copying haha! Although things like this are a regular thing in my Mams house so I think she's less scared now. Thank you for your help!

Aishling, I'm sorry I knew my story wouldn't make much sense! The sitting at the end of my bed happened before my Nana died and afterwards but since I've been in my new home it's not happened. I agree with your comment, nobody has died and come back to tell us if they go to hell or not so therefore I have come to my own conclusion that my Nana is where she wants to be. I must accept this.

Mamachong the psychic couple came to my cousins home to see us, beforehand she said for me to get something of the person I wanted to hear from (I got a picture My nana gave me of herself that is my purse) and put it face down On the table. I agree they are after the money as some of the stuff she said was way off and most defiantly wrong! The only thing she was correct on was the circumstance in which my Nana died, how she did it and some private things I do in my own time that she said my Nana didn't like me doing. So it's hard to know what t believe.

Vallkricry thank you for your comment, I am sorry to hear about your Son. I always believe that inevitably I couldn't have prevented her death, I tried. Yet it is hard not to blame myself as there are so many unanswered questions. Is Val your name? I am not religious but do believe my Nana was very brave, and so are all those others however they may die, that she fought for what she truly wanted.
Aishling (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-22)
I'm so sorry about your grandmother. I'm not religious at all and I've no idea what happens to different people when they die under different circumstances but I do believe the idea of going to "hell" because you killed yourself is a big crock of sh*t so I wouldn't worry about your grandmother being in a bad place at least... I have a question sorry if I'm getting this wrong but didn't the person or whatever it is sitting on the bottom of your bed happen before your grandmother died? So it wouldn't make sense for it to be her? Maybe I have that time scale wrong sorry if so.
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-19)
Hello Aimeeashley.
I am really sorry to hear about your grandmother. I can't tell you about suicides, what happens in the aferlife with that. In my opinion I think the male entity is different from your grandmother.

A few questions about the psychic, did the psychic get any info out of you? Did you give the psycho any info about your grandmother? You didn't say to much about the psychic, but I get the impression that the psychic may have given you false info. Correct me if I'm wrong about that.

You said there was a man standing by your bed, your friend wakes you up to show him to you, then you see him when you put your glasses on. Then you said, three years later your grandmother passes away. I think this man entity probably has been attached to you for sometime. Your grandmother is probably in a better place then here on earth.

I know it wasn't what you wanted to hear. And I'm sorry if you take offense. Your grandmother wanted so much better.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-19)
Aimeeashley,& valkricry
First I want to give you both my condolences for your losses of your grandmother,son. Each religion has it's own idea of where someone who commits suicide goes. Some say that they go to hell others say they go into Limbo. You have to remember though that the Bible,Torah,& Quaran were all written by man. I am not trying to disrespect any religion but it's the truth, all were written by man.
I am not religious but I believe that just like someone who dies abruptly like a murder or accident victim they reside in a plane of their own. That's why some people can see or sense ghosts. Some want to watch over loved ones, others have unfinished business. Some ghosts are residual and don't know you are there some are intelligent and interact with people. I hope that makes sense.
Aimmeeashley I really think you should find out about the man. He may just be watching over you like a guardian angel. I must warn you though that if you have to pay a psychic for their services you may get taken for a lot of money. They have a way of getting you to give away hints to your life and get you to keep coming back.

Lostghostgal
The word you are looking for is dopple-ganger.
kirk_ken000 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-19)
😊 I love your story almost the same thing happened to me. Can you add more?
😊 😊
valkricry (49 stories) (3265 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2013-02-19)
Aimeeashley,
First, I am sorry you lost your Grandmother, especially in this fashion. Suicides always leave behind so much unanswered for those of us who survive. Does suicide lead to a different afterlife? I don't believe there is any real answer for that. Perhaps it depends on your personal belief. I was raised Catholic, and taught that it was the ultimate mortal sin, and as such you were damned to hell. I never could accept that. Why would God, who is loving and kind, do that to someone who is so miserable that they can not even fathom that tomorrow might be better? I've had priests tell me that the 'condition under which the act happened', makes a difference.
At the age of 20, with his 3rd attempt, my son succeeded in ending his life. Twice, I was able to reach him in time. Twice, God gave him back to me. The first time he tried to hang himself, but thanks to a voice, I reached him as he stepped off. The second time he slit his own throat ear to ear. Again, a voice led me. But the third time... The third time, I believe to the core of my soul, God said, "enough. Let him come home." I sometimes feel him near me. I know he hoped it would be a 'reset' button on his life. I need to make this clear, I do not believe suicide is the answer to anything, but I believe God understands those driven to such a desperate measure far better than we ever can. Perhaps you can speak with your vicar about it?
Who the hooded man is, I can't even venture a guess.
Your Mom's experience... Maybe grandma was taking a nap? I'm not sure. But that sure is a strange thing.
Perhaps those on the site, with far more experiance than I, have a better answer. I do hope, and pray that you find some answers to put you at ease.
~Val
lostghostgal (69 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-18)
Your mother that seen must have been a double ganger *Copy ghost* that she thought she saw you and Not sure who or what the man is with hooded plus Your grandma is with you after she took her life which by the way that I am sorry about it I know it's not easy to lose someone speical.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: