You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: The Man in my Bed

Real Ghost Stories

The Man in my Bed

 

I grew up in an old haunted farmhouse, every week for 7 years some weird unexplained thing would happen, such as people seeing a tall shadow of a man, my dead dog scratching the door, the tv turning off whenever there was swearing (gotta love the Victorians lol), etc. Being in this environment I became more sensitive... Sometimes I had dreams I was another girl, in some depressing American ghetto, which is totally different to my life so I wondered where that came from. Me and my two best friends started playing the Ouija board (which made us SO tired all the time but much more sensitive!)

One night when I was 14, I awoke in the middle of the night and there was a soft blue glow in the room. I turned to face the other way, and that's when I saw him sitting next to me on the bed - I slowly looked him over: brown boots, blue jeans, blue checkered shirt, big brown eyes staring ahead reminiscently. He looked as solid as you or me. With a start, he realized I was awake, tilted his head down and smiled at me. This was the first time I saw a ghost; until then I thought I'd pee my pants or have a heart attack if I saw one, but I felt so calm and content. I don't know why but my first reaction was to touch him; but as soon as I tried, he vanished. This was 10 years ago this month, and since then he's appeared in my dreams at least once every two months.

Starting about a year before this happened, there was already about 6 spirits who would regularly appear in my dreams, I could talk to them on the Ouija board or automatic writing too. They were all friends, all from American ghettos, and they always looked the same, acted the same, same names, every time I dreamt of them. This lasted about 6 years altogether. They gave me some information on him: only his name (I'll call him Keith), Madison projects, and Alabama. They said I knew him in a past life... Within a month of seeing 'Keith,' I was so depressed, living on that farm with more dead people than living people around me. My family and friends all had experiences in that house, like seeing or hearing or feeling something, but as for me and my two friends, after playing the Ouija board for so long, we could actually communicate telepathically with them; unfortunately nobody believed us and thought we were mentally ill. I felt so betrayed that even my own family, after years of experiencing such things together, wouldn't believe me. On the other hand I felt such a strong connection to the spirits that I would rather be with them.

In my despair, I attempted suicide by overdose. My Mom rushed me to the hospital where I was in intensive care, my body was twice its size (so I was told, I don't remember much about it). The doctor came in and said I had 2 days to live. My Mom was hysterical; seeing my Mom like that is the worst experience in my entire life. I felt like a coward, I felt so guilty. I wondered if I was going to die; but I felt empty, and for once I didn't feel the spirits around me. During my stay in the hospital, once I saw a tall shadow of a man walk quickly into the room, and disappear.

The next day I was in a room next to a guy screaming with a helmet on and something sharp stuck in his head(!?) so I figured I was in the worst part of the hospital and didn't have long to live. But by some miracle (I never asked why) I actually survived. It took one month of bed rest to recover. Once I was recovered, I saw the spirits in a dream; we were in a field, and they approached me and said that I can't handle them now, and they're sorry. They shook my hand and said goodbye. For 6 months after that dream, there was no ghostly activity at all...

To be continued...

Other hauntings by Soma

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Soma, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-07)
Your kidneys were failing, that's why you were swollen. You liver too. I've been there & at the hospital they did the charcoal pump & I had to drink crap in Pepsi (which I hate!) that smelled like perm solution & tasted like rotten eggs or sulfur. When I was working in the Morgue past the smell of my vix vapo rub I could still smell it & remember. Its evil that drives you to that state. Please turn to God. I would love to kick with you in the Kingdom. Bless you & yours, MCL<3

~LSD~
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-07)
what the hell did you take to make your body twice its size? How would that work? From bloating? Before I think about the possible paranormal issues with this story I would like to know about the medical ones.
givemeaname (1 stories) (34 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-27)
suicicde is not the answer you should have gotten some help from a paranormal person who may have helped you handle it
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-28)
oujii boards can cause death. They can bring evil. Bring bad spirits and demons. The demon will scream at you you will hear his footsteps he shows his red eyes you can't move he screams he takes your breath away.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-19)
I PRAY you and your friends do not attempt to use the ouijia board again. Perhaps it was the manifestations released by this board that helped make you feel betrayed.

Also, just because you tell people of your experiences and they do not believe you doesn't mean they are not real. I had to accept that fact a very long time ago.

I am so glad to hear that you are delaing with your issues and are physically okay.

God Bless!
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-24)
Soma, I am just glad you are now safe and are in more control of the events around you. You sound as if you have a very level head on your shoulders and are willing to at least listen to what others have to say without jumping to conclusions. I look forward to reading your other experiences.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Soma (3 stories) (21 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-24)
I basically go by my intuition; I can feel if a ghost is good or bad and so far I haven't been proven wrong. As for the ouija board, it seemed like both good and bad ones were coming through; after a while it seemed like the bad ones were pushing the good guys away so we stopped using the Ouija board. I switched to automatic writing, but same thing, after a while that got overrun with annoying ghosts who would only spell out gibberish. Plus it takes away so much energy! After that was just telepathy but still, there's many risks involved with communicating with the departed, the door they come through is the same that entities can come through.

Brian, I totally understand your interest in the Ouija board, its really intriguing, but like everyone said there's too many risks. I recommend trying to communicate with spirits through dreams, maybe you can attract good spirits, and at the same time meditating or whatever you can do to make yourself spiritually stronger.
Soma (3 stories) (21 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-24)
Thanks for your comments everyone! Shane, youre right, it wasn't just that my family didn't believe me, that only fed what was already there, the negative energy coming from entities. I forgot to mention that in my story; I talked about the good ones but didn't explain that there was also bad entities I had to contend with. I just thought they were lost souls so was pretty patient with them, most of them "saw the light" and left peacefully(except for 2 who Ill talk about in the next part of this story).

This was 10 years ago and I have had lots of experiences since then, so luckily I understand now that entities can take any form they wish and manipulate you. I was pretty naive back then.
CearysAwesome (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-21)
I too agree with Shane. This ouija board is a dangerous tool to communication with a realm unlike ours. These portals cannot be closed and they can release dangerous things. Be careful for now on. God Bless.

Ceary
Brian07891 (21 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-20)
hmm I see, well I have always wanted to try using an Ouija board but I guess there are just too many risks...thx
Hada (36 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-20)
Regarding the use of ouiji boards, I as well, do not condone them, as a person exposes themselves to something they do not or cannot deal with, particularly, demons, spirits. They are not impossible to get rid of, mentioning God's name will cause them to flee. They live in our world, they walk beside/with people. They roam the streets and can easily accompany someone into their home, particularly one in which the name of God is mentioned little. Whatever be their name, they are alive, in contrast to what Shane states that they are beings that have never lived. There are the lower and higher status demons / spirits etc... But the idea that they never lived is as erroneous as it gets. These demons/ spirits as I have mentioned before, can all be grouped into the creation of God called " jinn". These jinn actually lived prior to the creation of Adam. This is mentioned in the Koran. These creatures, made from smokeless fire existed before the creation of man, and still exist. They dwell in our homes, eat our food, sleep in our beds. Procreate and die as we do. Some people are gifted to have contact with them, some unwillingly have contact with them, nevertheless, they are alive.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-20)
Ouija boards are not only a means of communications between human spirits and the living. Lower level entities and demons also communicate through the ouija board. You think you are talking to a friend or relative that has pasted on, but in reality you are talking to a being that has never lived ever. Look at it this way, you ask a question only a friend or relative would know the answer to. Well one other person knows that answer as well, YOU. Lower level entities and demons can read your mind as you would read a book. There are ways of protecting yourself and those participating in the channeling, but I do not pass that information out. Even following the rules and rites incidents do happen that allow those from the other realm into ours. Once they are here it is difficult if not impossible to be rid of them. I hope this has helped Brian. Please don't mess with the ouija, they only bring trouble in the best of circumstances and pain in the worst.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Annie (202 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-19)
Brian07891, Just DON'T use one. Shane is right. The rules and regulations are that you may bring in entities that are very unwelcome. They may seem friendly at first, but... As Shane stated, they can get you to do most anything for them. Stay away from Ouija boards.
Brian07891 (21 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-19)
Hey this question is for shane... What do you mean about rules and rights about using an Ouija board? What are they? Is it that dangerous to use one...?
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-19)
You and your friends may have opened a portal to another plane of existance. One that you can not close. You must be aware that lower level entities are quite capable of taking any form they wish in order to gain your trust and once they have that, well let's just say they can get you to do most anything for them. You said you were drained after using the ouija board, that comes from the spirits and entities using your energy to manifest themselves. Did you not stop and wonder why you became depressed suddenly. Oh I know you say it was because no one believed you, but I believe it to be more than that. Sorry to be so blunt, but the ouija board is not something I recommend using for any form of communications with the here after. There are rules and rites that should be strictly adhered to and in your case it sounds as if you failed to follow them. I wish you the best and I hope that you never have to experience the pain you did again.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: