You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Funeral of my Mom

Real Ghost Stories

The Funeral of my Mom

 

I live in Poland and just about 4 years ago, my mother died. I was 19 at the time. My mother had cancer and a family doctor told us she was going to die in a couple of months, but she kept on fighting for a year. Her funeral was on april 1, just 4 days before her 50th birthday. The whole family was there and everyone was really sad about the funeral but me and my sister were honestly happy that she didn't have to suffer any more.

I remember the day of the funeral perfectly. It was a very cold day and very windy. The sky was very cloudy and honestly I wanted to put on my winter jacket because I was freezing. When the coffin was being put into the ground, a big ray of sunlight touched me and my sister who was standing beside me. We stared at each other and smiled. In just 2 sec, we felt warm and happy. That was the weirdest thing because the whole day felt like winter and when the coffin was being put into the ground, it felt like I was in heaven.

Another weird thing that happened 3 days before she died, she said that her younger sister came and said that she has been waiting for her. My Aunt died 30 years ago but we all believed in this. I'm a catholic but I didn't really feel like there is an after life, but after this day I became a true believer.

Other hauntings by ChrisB

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Poland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ChrisB, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

pondering (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-16)
This is a beautiful account. I was an oncology nurse and people dealing with cancer are truly remarkable people. One of our common phrases on our floor was the only two requisites for cancer are: smoking, and/or you have to be a nice person. I truly believe your mom was telling you good-bye and letting you feel how SHE felt about her new place.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-12)
Hi and thank you for reading my story. The feeling was amazing when the sun came out. Every time I loose faith I remeber that moment. I think everybody is affraid of death in some way. But there is no point about thinking about death beacuse life flies by so fast. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
rstahley (3 stories) (102 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-11)
ChrisB,

I truly love this story. It shows that even though your mother may have been suffering before passing, she was in a better place and able to share a little of that warmth with you. It makes me happy to hear such stories, because although a Christian, I am often very afraid of death, and to know that there really is something to look forward to after this life can bring hope to us all.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-08)
Thank you all for reading my story.I,m ver glad you all enjoyed it. Jasmine I am glad that you treat me so kind. I love to read your stories yet I feel very sorry when you share the sadder ones. But if you ever feel like talking about something I will always be there. Just have faith and everything will be ok. Ihope to hear from you soon and take care
osyka (7 stories) (28 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-29)
Hi ChrisB, I really thank you for your nice comments on my stories. Firstly I would like to tell you I'm really sorry about your mother passing away and it's true, she's at rest now and I'm glad you experienced my exact same feeling when someone was about to pass away.

Take Care
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
can someone come to the chat room. I would like to make some friends on this website. PLEASE 😁 😉
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
ChrisB this is irrelevent to your story. I want to thank you for the comment you left on my story "Nayo..." I will hold your words forever through all of the bad times. You had me teary eyed for a moment, because I really needed to hear that. Thank you.
Terysek (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-12)
Thanks for this story. I probably know how did you feel I had a similar experience at my granny's funeral when I was fourteen. She died on a cancer, too. It was out of the blue for me, since nobody told me what was heppening. But when my father had came to our house to tell me those sad news, he didn't even to open his mount to speak. I just KNEW.
And at the funeral, (which was in the middle of nice sunny day) when we got in the church suddenly a storm started outside, I had lasted all the time the ceremony went thouugh, but when we came out, ther was no sigh of the storm. I was just as sunny as it had been before.
When I got home, I asked my neighour about that and she looked at me like I was crazy. There hadn't been any storm in out town, nor nearby... SO it was really weird.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-28)
Hi Shelby thank you for reading my story. I'm sorry for your loss too. It is said that our loved ones must go on but its nice to know that they are in a better place. I think this helps us. To know that they are ok and they are waiting for us to join. ZWe probably will have to wait a long time but up there time flys 😉.I hope to hear from you soon and take care
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-22)
Hi Chris. Your story was very touching. I am sorry for the loss of your Mother. I completely understand you and your sister being happy that she didn't have to suffer in pain anymore. My Dad died January 22, 2007 of cancer. He was diagnosed in September of 2005, given a few months to live but he fought it for about 14 1/2 months. I was so sad when he died but happy that he no longer had to suffer. I, too, felt the warm feeling as you were telling about the sun coming out as the coffin was being put in the ground. Thank you for sharing such a heart felt story.

SHELBY ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-22)
The amazing thing about your comment, ChrisB, is that I could FEEL the warmth on my skin as you explained things a bit more. There is NOTHING that will be able to take that initial feeling of peace away from you, and that is the feel that you must retain within your heart.
Pure and unadulterated PEACE.
Thanks again.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-22)
My dear Friend Autumn. This story did change my life. It was realy hard for me to accept my mothers death. I then realy hated God for what he took but when sunshine came I actually believed there was a heaven. I understood that God took her to a better place. My Mom showed me ther is a heaven. And trust me my dear friend when I felt that sun rays touch me I know there will never anything in this world that will give me so much peace as the sun did. Thanks for reading my story. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-21)
Is it not amazing, ChrisB, the things that happen that cause us to think on the things that we already think we know, and puts them into a different perspective for us? Just the fact that you said that you are a Catholic, but never really gave the Afterlife much of a thought until this day was an eye opener.
How beautiful that your Mother sent along something that would also be able to signify a Mother's feelings... Sunlight (a feeling of warmth, and happiness.) Look at light, in itself it signifies sight, as well as a "walk in the light" (renewing of part of your faith).
I think it Glorious that her sister came to her several days before the actual departure to allow your Mother to know that she would not take this journey alone. How beautiful that the sisterly bond did not end when your Aunt died 30 years previous.
Thank you for sharing this.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-03)
Marijun.Thanks for commenting to my story. It was a sad day but when the sun came out I knew everything was good with mom. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-03)
Hi Rhodes. Thank you so very much for your very kind words. This really means a lot to me. It was a bad day then but when the sun came out it was like I was in heaven. A great feeling. Thanks again Tammy. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
marijun (8 stories) (30 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-27)
Wow... How lovely to have such a warm feeling on such a sad day. So sorry for your loss though. Such a lovely moment to remember for the rest of your life. Thanks for posting!
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-26)
My very dear Chris, hi again. I have missed this story simply because I wasn't around when you wrote it.

I was very touched as I was reading through it not only because I could sense the love that you feel for your mum but also because of the trully beautiful way she chose to say that she loves you too.

I hope that she will always remain as a warm memory in your heart and mind and that in every thought you make of her, the sun will always shine to prove that she's there listening to every thought, attending to your every need.

Tammy 😊 ❤
bbyguhrlx3 (4 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-20)
chris, that's a very touching story. I had the same feeling when one of my great aunt had died of cancer. I felt happy instead of sad that she died because you can see the changes on her face because of the medicine and kimo and all that. That's really heart warming.

❤ CeeJay.
Sandy (3 stories) (48 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-10)
Chris, what a touching story. Your mom touched you from the heavens... My mom has also passed... I wrote my first story about her. You are loved and cared for. I hope things go well with you and your family. God bless ❤
CearysAwesome (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-21)
Aww. What a sweet story. Thank you for sharing it. I am so glad that your mother was able to enjoy her 50th birthdays one of the most important birthdays of our lives. God Bless.

Ceary 😆
Lexiluca (8 stories) (78 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-21)
I can completely relate. I experienced a lot when my mother passed away, too.
melissagrove2000 (4 stories) (43 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-19)
chris,
Thanks for sharing your story. I'm sorry to hear about the passing of your mother. But it seems to sound like she was so much at peace. If you read my story that I wrote about my grandfather, in it I had wrote that it was the middle of the winter when he died, and it was snowing and cold the whole week he was in the hospital. After he died, on the way back home, the sun came out so brightly for the first time in a week. Like the heavens had opened up and he was telling us he was there, and he was ok. At least that's what I believe! He also died of cancer.

Take care and good luck
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-19)
Dear Chris, Thank you for your beautiful and heartfelt story! That was life changing for you, and your story is going into my favorites. It is a hopeful one! I loved it. Bless you and your sister. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: