You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: The Black Figure On The Road

Real Ghost Stories

The Black Figure On The Road

 

My uncle's friend was driving down Killahgintober Road, Ballycumber. He noticed a black figure on the road about 7-8 feet tall completely black. He didn't want to drive near it so he tried to reverse when he looked over his shoulder and then looked back the black figure was right in front of his car. The figure placed his white hands on the bonnet of the car. He jumped out of the car and ran. When he looked back the figure was gone.

When my auntie was sleeping she started to choke and then stopped breathing. Her husband ran into the room. Even though she had stopped breathing was sat up in the bed and pulled out to help her breathe again. She didn't know what happened and he said there was a black shadow in the room and he helped her breathe again.

One night our neighbor called the house and told us that a black figure was standing outside the house staring in the sitting room window.

In the forest of Charleville Castle my godfather and his friend were walking their dog, on the road in front of him was a black figure on the path. They got scared and ran to another path but the figure was still there. They couldn't go any where so they decided to run through the lake. The dog escaped from his lead and ran straight through the figure. They ran through the lake and when they got out of the forest the man disappeared.

When my auntie was sleeping she woke up in the middle of the night and saw a face of a black figure beside her. The figure got up and walked to the window and stared out the window. My auntie was speechless. She sat up in her bed and watched it disappear before her eyes.

All of these are true stories that all happened near my auntie's house in Ballycumber around 5-10 years ago. They said the black figure is haunting our family.

Other hauntings by anne4884

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, anne4884, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

ASH4321 (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-23)
I see a lot of these black figures myself. I think they more look like shadows I always feel scared when they are around they disapper as soon as they apper for me
Mortal (15 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-22)
Anne,
It's could be a guardian spirit. There should be something that triggered it to safeguard your family. As long there isn't any harm, you should just accept the fact that it is harmless. It is human's nature to fear the unknown, you may get the house cleansed by burning sage and also get some spiritual leader to do a cleansing (not exorcism) if that sets your mind at ease. Was there anyone close to your family who passed on close to when the spirit started appearing?
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-22)
Hello anne4884, I want to ask one question. If the black figure helped your aunt to breath when she choked and stopped breathing, then why do you say your family is being haunted by the black figure? It is benign one, aint it? But, did you ask your family members, who such a black figure quite often visits your family and any background information or history would throw more light about the entity. Keep us posted if you can dig out any info.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
angelus_crudus (3 stories) (35 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-21)
Thanks for sharing your story anne,
I would agree with what's already been said. Just wanted to say thanks for sharing your storys with us.

Angelus
JennZ (72 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-21)
Hmm, I'm going to agree with the other people, and say it's probably the location. Is your family the only ones who seen this "figure"?
Andreaa11 (54 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-21)
I loved the story, very creepy. Please just clarify one thing for me: how do you "run through a lake"? I could see a pond but a lake is a massive body of water and deep in places that would be impossible. No disrespect intended, just confused.
Thanks!
-Andrea
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-20)
anne4884
Your story is interesting. This black figure showing itself to various people around your aunts house. The black shadow or figure helped her breath again. Is it the same aunt that woke up and saw the face of the black figure then it went to the window and fade away?
If these sitings were 5-10 years ago and have stopped I wouldn't worry about it. Had anyone died before the sitings stopped?

Hilenq
Flying humanoids? I've heard the theory but not near Ireland and not 7 feet tall, but an alien? Ireland is full of castles,Inns,homes that are haunted and you throw aliens into the mix. I'm sorry I don't mean to berate you but I don't buy it.
AzraelX (8 stories) (115 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-20)
Did you say that your aunt was choking and the black figure "helped" her breath again or was it your uncle who helped her breath again?

What I feel is that the apparition has some connection to the locality.

Has the apparition harmed your family any way?
Hilenq (1 posts)
-4
11 years ago (2013-02-20)
Hi...this is very strange? I think I know what they are, they can be flying humanoids, I he had a black coat and a hoodie and something around he's neck that makes him look like a preist - it is a flying humanoid. An alien, I don't think it got big black eyes or...well, I think it could be a flying humanoid.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-20)
Hi anne:

Wow. This is really creepy! First off; I give it up for your uncle for having the nerve to jump out of the car and run. I would have put the pedal to the metal and ran over it.

However; it does seem as if your family and friends could be haunted by this same entity. Either that or it could just be a haunting that is haunting this particular area.

Does your family still live in that area? Is it still happening? Does this figure show itself to any other family members not living in this area?

It may be useful to do some research on this area and find out if there is some sort of legend about this dark figure. Keep us posted. This is very intriguing.

Zeta.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: