You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Great Granny And Grandad

Real Ghost Stories

My Great Granny And Grandad

 

My great grandad was known as a strange man. He used to tell his children about scary things that happened to him in the past but they didn't believe him.

One night him and his wife woke up to the sound of moaning and groaning. They went into the sitting room to see what it was, then he said, "Oh no, I think something is wrong with Denis (his son) in England." The next day he got a call saying that his son had died of a heart attack.

A couple of years after he saw his daughter Mary walking up to the door of the house. When he went to open the door no one was there. His wife came in from the kitchen. She just received a phone call saying that their daughter died of a heart attack.

Nearly everyone on my mom's side of the family has seen, heard or witnessed a paranormal experience.

His wife also saw something. While going to work on a old forest path, an old wagon 2-3 times bigger than her rolled out onto the road and stopped. She stood there, not wanting to pass the wagon. Then the wagon started moving again and went back into the forest.

She also used to work for an old woman in Offaly. The rules were no shoes upstairs so she left her shoes downstairs at the bottom of the staircase. As she walked up the stairs the shoes were thrown at her. The only other person in the house was the old lady. She put the shoes back and walked upstairs. Again the shoes were thrown at her. She had no choice but brought the shoes up with her. When she went into the woman's bedroom, she was dead.

Other hauntings by anne4884

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, anne4884, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-03-09)
SDS,
The part of the story where anne says, "When she went into the woman's bedroom, she was dead," I believe she means the old woman was dead, not her great grandma at whom the shoes were thrown. I guess one interpertation could be the old woman's spirit was trying to get her attention? Or the fact that the old woman was dead and couldn't have thrown the shoes?
On the heart attacks - no mention is made of how long ago this was. I know England to America wouldn't have been possible until 1927 (trying to use the phone call as a clue). But it is totally possible that the diagnoses of a heart attack was wrong, in at least one of them. Anorisims come to mind, or a sever gall bladder attack carries heart attack symptoms. And yes, your gall bladder can kill you. Again, how accurate they were in identifying the cause of death depends how long ago this happened and WHO did the diagnosing. I know in rural Kentucky back in the 1920's many died and were buried, often on their own land, without medical diagnoses. Embalming wasn't even widely practiced until the 21st century.
And the wagon part... You have me there. No idea.
Zack84 (8 stories) (32 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-08)
Redwolf,

The medicines inside Tylenol came about in the early 1950's, not the 60's. As for aspirin causing scarlet fever? Is that what you were saying? You might be referring to Reye's Syndrome. Reye's Syndrome is believed to be caused by giving children aspirin when sick with a viral infection but it hasn't been able to be proved in the laboratory. Reye's causes damage to the liver and brain, not the heart and in many cases the patient fully recovers.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-08)
Redwolf, I'm sorry but that explanation is a bit...odd. And not entirely true. You also don't treat strep with aspirin or Tylenol. They gave you antibiotics then and still do now. Aspirin being used while sick does not lead to heart attacks.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-24)
elenoraemily
I want to clear something up for you. Yes heart disease is usually genetic but not always. Some other reasons are a mutated gene that affects the heart. But more likely at some time both children had strep throat and it developed into Scarlet Fever since Tylenol was not intrduced until the late '60s children with fever were given aspirin which would affect their hearts but not give them a heart attack until years later.
Sds
I don't get the part about the wagon either, but as far as the shoes hitting her maybe it was the old lady that died in her room threw them with great aim 😆
ASH4321 (1 stories) (22 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-02-23)
I don't want to sound mean but this story sounds unreal maby next time write it better

Ash
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-22)
anne4884, I could get it about the son and the daughter trying sighted prior to the information of their demise reaching the parents. Probably both wanted to just be seen to their parents before their departure to the other side.

But, the second and third part of the story, regarding the old wagon and the other one you stated she died when she entered the woman's bedroom, she was dead, I could not understand. Especially the wagon, I do not think it has got anything to do with the paranormal. As far as the shoes being thrown at your great grandma, more information is required to comment on it.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
elnoraemily (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-21)
Both children died of heart attacks? That's odd. Sort of hard to believe since the parents were fine. Heart disease that isn't genetic but kills both kids?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: