You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Strange Hotel Room

Real Ghost Stories

The Strange Hotel Room

 

This story takes place in Warsaw, Indiana, December 2011. My fiance and I went there to visit his family for Christmas, and stayed at a hotel called Ramada, now renamed as the Wyndham, for a week.

Our hotel room (I wish I could remember the room number!) was situated on the first floor, next to an exit door, on the left side of the building. Our room was a standard hotel room. When you walked in, the bathroom was immediately on your left, and the bed was next to the bathroom, also on the left hand side.

On Christmas Eve morning, approximately 4 am, I awoke terrified. I had no idea why I was so scared, I did not remember having a bad dream. I then heard what sounded like footsteps around the right side of the bed and bathroom. I thought I was hearing things from outside our room, but the sounds were clearly coming from our room, and by our bed. I listened for a few more seconds, to make sure I was awake and not still dreaming, and I kept hearing the footsteps! I was extremely terrified. I looked over at my fiance, and he was in a deep sleep, breathing slowly. I then sat up in the bed, and afterwards, I felt the sensation of the bed lifting up underneath my legs, and falling down. It was very weird. I then woke up my fiance in a panic, and told him I thought something was in our room. I got up, looked underneath the bed, looked in the bathroom, looked outside our room, and there was nothing. I even looked for holes that mice could come into our room, and nothing. There was no way to explain the constant footsteps around the bed that I had heard. My fiance went back to bed, while I stayed up for the rest of the morning, up until we got ready for breakfast with his family.

We came back to the hotel after breakfast, to rest for a little bit. Fiance said he was going to go to the gym for a quick 10 minute run. I told him I was going to close my eyes for a little bit. I remember once I laid down in the bed, and closed my eyes, I felt the sensation of my head being pulled back. I opened my eyes, the feeling stopped. I closed my eyes again, and once again, had that same feeling. I opened my eyes once more, but I could only get them half-way opened, and I could not move my body. I tried to yell for help, but nothing came out of my mouth, except mumbling. This only lasted for a few seconds, but I was terrified. I thought maybe I had sleep-paralysis, which I had experienced before upon waking up after a night of sleep. Of course, fiance came back in from his run, the moment I sat up in bed after my sleep-paralysis (?). I told him what happened, and he immediately went to the front desk to change rooms, he was that worried. (He just told the front desk that I heard noises and wanted to change rooms. The girl at the front desk just appeared indifferent and just said, "oh.")

The hotel let us move to the room next door. That night, while I was trying to fall asleep, I heard a noise that sounded like someone rolling a marble across the wooden TV stand, directly in front of the bed, and that was it. The next few nights in that room, I didn't hear or experience anything strange. I didn't bother asking the front desk about the first room we stayed in when we left, I didn't want to look weird, haha. I googled the hotel and the area, but could find nothing paranormal about it. I don't know if this qualifies as a ghostly experience, but it was very strange for me, as I don't encounter strange, unexplainable instances often.

Other hauntings by BeachBunny

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BeachBunny, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

M1cr0b1al (3 stories) (38 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-04)
Justinwoo3112001: Yup, that's it! Justin was in your room rolling coins 😆

On topic though. Very interesting experience! It is difficult to differentiate your 'head lifting' experience, as it sounds very sleep-paralysis-like. Potentially coincidental, however, the other experiences seem very paranormal - from my perspective.
justinwoo3112001 (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-27)
Hey BeachBunny, The sound you heard about the rolling marbles? Its mostly a coin rolling
AussieRedDog (25 stories) (82 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-22)
wow great story. Many hotel rooms hold strange and wonderful secrets (some dark). Interesting experience 😨
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-22)
Hello BeachBunny, that is quite a strange experience. Perhaps you should have investigated by asking the room boys or other staff instead of at the enquiry desk about the room. If you were awake the next morning, then I do not think, it could be sleep paralysis. But, the feeling of your head being pulled back when you closed your eyes might occur sometimes when you are tired or do not sleep properly in the previous night. Perhaps, if possible, try to ask your fiance's relatives to verify. That would give us some more information.

Thanks for sharing the experience.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
elnoraemily (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-21)
I grew up in Warsaw. My dad just sent me a picture of my first home there today. Funny coincidence that this is the first story I clicked on. Good story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: