You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Grandfather Saved My Life

Real Ghost Stories

My Grandfather Saved My Life

 

So to sum up the wonderful month I've had. I broke up with my girlfriend; moved out of the apartment from the previous story, then I beat the crap out of my now ex best friend. (Bet you can't guess how the break-up with my girlfriend and the beating my now ex-best friend got are connected.)

Anyways I am living at my grandfather's old house that has been vacant since he died in 2010. He died in the house. After the fun month I had a week ago, one of my friends talks me into going to a party. It was fun, I had some jello shots and a few glasses of vodka. (Don't judge me for under age drinking because I'm sure most of you have done when you were 17.)

After the fun night, a few of my friends brought me home and laid me in my bed on my back. I was very drunk, I was trying to puke but from how I was laying I couldn't. I was like that for a few minutes until my mom payed me a surprised visit, and when she saw me, she laid me on my side then chewed me out for drinking. I asked her why she was there and she told me she heard someone say, "Check on your son." I'm glad she did.

The next day when I woke up I was still puking and I felt like someone was rubbing my back. I looked, no one was there. When I finally stopped puking I heard someone ask me, "Are you okay, Bojack?" When I heard that name, I freaked out because my grandfather is the only person who ever called me Bojack.

The next night I had a dream where I saw my grandfather. He looked sad. I asked him what was wrong. He sighed and said, "What happened to you, Bojack? You were such a good kid, now look at you." I looked down and said, "Everyone has their own way of dealing with pain." He said, "You're right and my death is what started it. I'm sorry." I told him it wasn't his fault. It was my choice. I chose to drink. He said, "True, very true, I'm sorry but it's time for you to wake up." I asked if he could stay long enough for one more question. He said fine but make it quick. I asked if he was the one who told my mother to check on me. He said, "Yes, I didn't want to see my grandson die. Now good bye." Then the alarm clock woke me up.

Ever since that night I keep having dreams about him and I hear him talk to me during the day. I'm so glad that he still here.

RIP James Monroe Hickman. Here's a link to his tribute http://www.tributes.com/show/James-Monroe-Hickman-88561856

Other hauntings by chrisstar

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Mississippi

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, chrisstar, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Madisonamy28 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-17)
Wow, I'm actually in tears. This is such a beautiful story! Your grandfather sounds like an amazing man. RIP ❤ ❤
GreyFeather (44 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-05)
BTW, I believe you about your grandpa. He sounds like a good man. I hope you follow in his life's footsteps in that respect. Already half way there with his genes. Use your treasure of life and family to build a terrific life for yourself and your future kids. Todays decisions build tomorrow's steps or walls. Great story! Thanks for sharing.
GreyFeather (44 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-05)
Mothers take great care while they're pregnant to ensure the health of their child. Then, that same child squandered their health mind, and life on poison (liquor). Ah, the joys of parenting! Drinking is the voluntary route to retardation. Fun!
Kiego (2 stories) (52 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-11)
is this the same kid who's taking care of that poor 5 year old? My lord!
JennZ (72 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-23)
Great Story! That is So nice that your grandfather is watching over you! Your Very Lucky...
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-02-23)
To be honest, mamachong - I think when I read Chris' posting last night, my tired noggin did not properly connect the dots. For some reason I assumed his friends had remained with him. Now, did he say they had? Nope, that was just the leap my brain took. And I just couldn't understand why he couldn't be rolled to puke on his own. But is that what I said? Nope. So, I get where you were coming from. 😊
And, Chris, I am sorry if my posting made you feel uncomfortable in any way, shape, or form. That was not my intention at all.
chrisstar (5 stories) (14 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-23)
thank you valkricry for understanding. This house brings back a lot of happy memories and I remember how sad my mother was when my grandfather was found.
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-23)
Hey Valkricry,
I had a friend one time, who partied and passed out at my place, so drunk that she couldn't even wake up. She was puking a river all over the floor. If me and my sister didn't turn her head she would have drowned in her own puke. She couldn't roll over come to think of it either.

Chrisstar,
I'm glad your grandfather was there to help you out. Sounds like hes very caring, even after death.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-02-23)
Hey, thanks for answering my questions 😊. It helps to make things clearer for me.
I get not being able to find things (or very little) on the web. It's happened to me a few times, and it can be sooo frustrating.
You know though, whether I take your account as 'actual' or as produced by imagination, the message is still the same. You hate causing your grandpa sadness, and you know that the way your living your life right now would/is causing him pain. I wish you luck in changing.
chrisstar (5 stories) (14 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-23)
first I'm amnsipated secon I was to drunk to roll over third my cousin co signed for me he is 21 and fourthly the obit is the only thing on te web I could find about my grandpa
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-02-22)
I don't know... Somethings here just aren't adding up for me. Like the link to your granfather's tribute. The obit is thread-bare, no survivors mention. No details about him. Although a grandaughter did sign the 'book'.Just what were we to gain from it?
Then too, I wonder how you managed to rent an apartment, when the legal age for a lease is 18 in Mississippi, and assuming your parents didn't co-sign one for you?
I am also curious as to why you couldn't roll over to puke on your own. I've dealt with more than my share of drunks, and they all seemed capable of rolling over, even when passed out cold.
All that said, I'm glad you are deriving comfort from your Grandfather's visits. And you should listen to the message, which is loud and clear from your story. SHAPE UP! Get your life back on track.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: