You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Don't Say My Name

Real Ghost Stories

Don't Say My Name

 

My family lived out in the middle of nowhere called, "The Uvalde Estates." Our neighbors were far away, the only neighbors we had at the time were the ones to the right, but nobody lived there anymore. We also had our neighbors across the street, but his wife and him were gone the majority of the time. Nowadays there are more houses and people around the location we used to live at.

My middle sister and I always had this little silent talk. Like we both knew better not to investigate the footsteps, because we will not see anything at the end. We hear a noise, we run. We never speak about the noises we would hear to each other or anyone; we just ignored everything and tried to forget everything. She is only a year older than I am, but even then she was my little protector. Minus the noises, she would not wait on me at all. She would be gone as fast as lightening.

I was six years old, my bus driver just dropped my middle sister and I off at our house. We were both wearing our Easter dresses, I remember I had a yellow Easter basket full of candy, and my sister had a pink one full of candy as well. We waved our bus driver Dennis good bye and we looked at our house. My mom usually greets us at the door, but she didn't do that this day. We both called out, "Mom." No answer. My sister and I went around the back unlocked and open the back door. We set our Easter baskets on the kitchen floor, and stepped into the house. We heard footsteps in our house, we looked at each other and we took a step back and ran to the front of the house. My sister grabbed her Easter basket and mine stayed in the kitchen floor.

We sat in the front of the house waiting for mom to get home. My stomach was growling, and my sister was sitting next to me eating away with her candy. She never shared and was very stingy. I told her, "...can you give me some of your candy?" She said, "No!" I should have known better. I then threatened her, "Well if you don't give me some of yours, I'll go get mine. And if they take me, it's your fault." She then said, "Here!" She offered me some of her candy, which was very unusual. We finished her entire basket of candies. I was stuffed, she was stuffed and we waited. No sign of mom and no more noises in the house.

We can usually hear if a car is approaching, because there were hardly any that would pass by. We were bored, playing with the wrappers. Then I heard a female high pitch tune, coming from my left and going towards my right. It said my sister's name. Nobody was there. No person to go along with the lady calling my sisters name. I was tired; I didn't want to ignore it this time. I looked at my sister and I asked, "Did you hear that?" She ignored me for a second and said, "If you heard it, then what did it say?" I asked her, "How do you even know it said something?" We both got goose bumps and I then told her, "It said your name." We both scooted next to each other and were side to side, no space what so ever. Then we both heard my name, it came from the right to the left carrying the same tune. We waited until my mom arrived; once she got there we both felt at ease. We never told her a word. We just kept our not normal experiences to ourselves.

Ten years passed, this memory crept up on me one night. My sister moved up north, and I was still in Uvalde, Texas attending school. I called her the night I remembered this, I asked her, "...did this really happen?" She said, "Yes." She even remembered where we were sitting. We both reminisced on the many times we used to go play out in the woods and hear my mom scream out our names, but once we got to the house my mom would say, "I didn't call you."

Other hauntings by BitterSweet78801

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BitterSweet78801, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

BitterSweet78801 (4 stories) (20 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-14)
Hello silverrose13,
I can recall numerous times my sister and I would play out in the woods and can hear our mom voice calling us. Once coming inside, she would say she didn't call for us. You might be right, nothing bad had ever happened to my sister and I.
Silverose13 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-28)
Some say that if your in trouble you'll hear someone or something calling your name to get you out of the situation
BitterSweet78801 (4 stories) (20 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-26)
Seraphina, that is correct. I mostly write little notes here and there. I'm not much of a writer. I just like to share my experiences. Sorry.
Seraphina (7 stories) (147 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-25)
BitterSweet, I did find a narrative here. I haven't read your other two stories yet, so I'm only guessing by having read "Don't Say My Name," but I think you haven't had a lot of practice with this kind of writing. I'm glad you're exploring writing as an avenue of expression. The more you practice, the better you'll be at it. ~Seraphina
BitterSweet78801 (4 stories) (20 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-24)
Red Wolf,
I am not a child, nor am I clogging up this website to entertain you. I wrote these experiences to people, whom have experienced them just as I. I only wish they were false. I would not degrade somebody's intellegence like that.

This particular experience did happen, It sends chills up my spine just thinking or talking about it. My sister was out of state alone at her house when I called to ask her if this truly happened. She was mad when I reminded her about this, because she had to call her husband who worked night shift at that time to come back home early.

Unless you are currently in AST Time Zone I can respond quickly. I apologize for the delay. I only have time to get on here after I get out of work and it is 6:16pm where I am at at this moment.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-24)
Thank you Argette,I'm a little tired of people with non stories clogging up the site. It's really a waste of the mods time and keeps real stories from being published and people who may need help from getting it.
I may post a comment on my son WhiteWolf story as I did with his last one but I had to add some information he had no way of knowing.
But it doesn't mean his stories aren't true. Sometimes he tells me things that scare me and every time he relates a story to someone it is the same thing he told me.
Argette (guest)
-1
11 years ago (2013-02-23)
I chalked these up to non stories, not worth my time, but I applaud RedWolf for speaking up here and caring about the integrity of this site.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-02-23)
Bittersweet
I have read ALL THREE of your "stories" that were posted on the same day. The one about your other twin baffled me. This one I am putting down to two young kids trying to scare each other. The one about your sister having so many seizures in one night annoyed me mainly because NO hospital would discharge a person who had that many seizures in one night. Seven at home and nobody called an ambulance for an hour? Then she had two more at the hospital, then another when she got home. You call the hospital and they just tell you to give her medicine to her? Sorry I know hospital policy your sister would have been admitted insurance or not.
I'm not usually harsh on posters or doubt their experiences to the extent that I am doubting yours. But please don't insult us or this site by making up stories and saying you will read comments and participate in discussions and then not.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: