You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: A Friendly Prank

Real Ghost Stories

A Friendly Prank

 

This happened way back when I was in college so I have to give a little history on the events that lead to my experience. I believe this happened either on December of 2001 or 2002, can't remember the exact year but it was something I could not forget. The reason why I can't forget about it was not because of the experience I had but it was because this was the time a buddy of ours died.

His name was Edward, he was a batch mate in High School and all around good guy. He died of cancer and was diagnosed when he was young but I never knew about it until they told me on his funeral. Our High School was composed of all boys, hence our batch mates were our brothers and our fraternity. So when he died we all went to his funeral and paid our respects to his family and prayed for him.

After that we all left and decided to go in groups since our High School had a reputation for being in a lot fights with other High Schools and so-called Fraternities Gangs, it's a long history as to why it's like that. I left with Arvin and he decided that we should eat before heading home and since he was treating I was all in. He then told me why we had to stop before heading home, he told me that in their belief (he's Chinese) every time you visit the dead you should not go home directly but go to different places first so that the spirits that might have followed you from the funeral will be confused and will not follow you home. It was the first time I ever heard of this belief so I was a little bit skeptical. After the meal we went our separate ways and I went home.

When I got home it was night time and I was home alone. My family was spending their Christmas Holiday with Grandma in the province and I was left all alone to guard the house so I decided to sleep on the couch that night since I could watch TV until dawn. It was past midnight when it happened. When I was about to sleep, I suddenly felt a little on edge and I was aware that there was someone staring at me but I couldn't make out where that person was, so I woke up and turned on all the lights in the house to check if there was an intruder. After making sure that the house was secure I suddenly had a chill go up my spine that it made me remember what Arvin was telling me about. When I remembered it I just said to myself that if it was my friend, he was just passing by so I went to the kitchen and drank a cup of water and placed the cup on the dining room table and turned off all the lights and headed back to bed.

When I was about to sleep I suddenly heard the distinct sound of clattering dishes in the kitchen that made feel really cold, then I heard a cup hitting a wood surface with enough force that I knew exactly where it came from. It was the cup that I left on the table. I was now shivering and I said, "Dude, don't be like that" and everything stopped and I was feeling warm and suddenly fell asleep.

After that night I never experienced anything that involved my friend and I know it was him and when I do die I'm going to find him and smack his head for giving me such a scare that night. Thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by Elgin

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Elgin, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

seph0310 (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-13)
Elgin, I read your story. I'm a little bit curious about the batch you are referring to. Is Edward an MM batch?
bluemer04 (1 stories) (58 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-29)
I feel for you. I have a bestfriend that died of something with out me knowing it right away. I just found out he died when my mom told me (personally). My mom told me she was texting me and calling me to atleast pay my last respect. But I never received any text messages and per my mom she told me that my mobile is unreachable. Maybe it is a way of my bestfriend to not let me know (just yet) as he know I was very busy that time, and I might be disoriented. The time I found out, I just prayed for his soul. And I remember our last exchange of messages that he misses me and so proud of me. I rememeber, I happen to meet one of my close friend and talked about my bestfriend, she told me I was already crying talking about my bestfriend (I didn't realize) maybe because I just miss him so much. 😭

Regarding your experience, yeah he was just visiting you and saying his last goodbye, you said it never happened again right? But now do you wish him to visit you? But me personally I don't, and my bestfriend knows that, that's why he doesn't come around. As I get scared easily if I'm alone. LOL.
Mhannerism (2 stories) (82 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-28)
Wait, kaya pala same yung belief alam ko kasi Pinoy ka din pala. Ahaha kalurks. 😆
Elgin (5 stories) (35 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-02-28)
Thanks for reading guys! I know Edward would be looking down from where is at right now and I'm pretty sure his laughing at me.

I appreciate all the comments and I will write more of the experiences I have encountered through out these years.

^_^
JennZ (72 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-25)
I really enjoyed this story, and I bet that was your buddy messing with you... Thanks for sharing!
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-02-24)
You know - I actually found this story to be cute! Well, not the entire story, but going to smack the ghost on the head for scaring you - that made me chuckle. Thanks for sharing!
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-24)
Dear Elgin,
Thanks for sharing buddy.
My most fav part of your tale was where you told your friend to cut the crap and he did! Imagine that 😆
And yeah it would be fitting to box him on the ear for that when you meet him next time... But that is a long way down the road 😉

Regards
Mhannerism (2 stories) (82 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-24)
We have that same belief here in Philippines but I didn't know what'll happen if you go somewhere before going home. Now I know that it'll be confused so it won't follow you anymore. Maybe it was your friend Edward playing pranks on you for the last time. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: