You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: A Reassurance From Beyond

Real Ghost Stories

A Reassurance From Beyond

 

When I was eleven years old, my mother died in the hospital from hitting her head quite hard on the ground. The doctors had told her not to get up, as her body couldn't handle it, but she did anyway, to prove that she could go home, but she lost her balance and hit her head on the floor, causing her to be brain dead within minutes. She was only there for a minor surgery and she was supposed to come home, which was why her death was such a surprise.

Now here's the good part. When I was asleep, I found myself in a library. Everything was stretched and blue, like it was on an old tv screen. I saw my mother, and somehow in my dream knew she'd died, though I'd only known for a few hours and it usually takes days or weeks for reality to come into my dream. I hugged her and said I was sorry for everything I'd said or done to her since I was little, since I hadn't had the chance before. She said it was okay and that she loved me. I told her I loved her, too. Then I woke up.

Ever since then, when I'm feeling really sad over mean friends or a bad grade, I felt a slight pressure on my shoulders, like a hug, and I'd feel calmer or safer than before, as though my protective mother was in the room again. Sometimes, I'd catch a hint of her sweet pea perfume. And, since she died, no one's taken care of the rose bushes along the side of our house (her favorite flowers) but one rose always grows, a red one (her favorite color) and always in the same place. It's been three years since she died, going on the fourth, and there's always that red rose on the dead rosebush.

Was it really my mother's spirit who came to tell her daughter that everything was going to be alright, or was it just wishful dreaming? And has she appeared to hug me or cause the rose to grow knowing I'd see it and it would comfort me, or am I just wishing for too much?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lizzymcizzy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

SilverWolf77 (1 stories) (41 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-23)
I think it's definitely your mom looking out for you since you're still young. She may move on when you get older, but for now, she seems to still be with you.
BabySquatch (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-27)
Thank you for sharing. I have never had a paranormal experience but have had very comforting dreams about my Grandfather who has passed. It seems to be when I am most in need of strength and comfort that these occur.

As Moonfall said 'A mothers love for her child is never ending ' I too believe she is watching out for you & letting you know she is always there for you.

BabySquatch
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-26)
Dear lizzymcizzy, I am really sorry for the passing away of your beloved mother. As every one said, love goes beyond life and death and especially mother's love towards children. As MoonFall said, she manifests herself to you about her presence through the Rose to assure you that she is there to protect you.

Thanks for sharing and nice narration.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
lizzymcizzy (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-25)
Thank you all. You just gave me a bit more hope and made my day a helluva lot better. ❤ I'm glad to know that she found me and she's watching me and making sure I'm okay. And I'm glad she's somewhere better (:
MoonFall (1 stories) (48 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-25)
Thank you for sharing your story. I do believe your mom comes back to comfort you. A mother's love for her child is never ending. The rose, I believe is to let you know she is always there... Even in the oddest of times/places to watch over you.
Argette (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-25)
I believe a mother's love for her child is strong enough to transcend death. Bittersweet is right: A mother will find a way to reach her child. I hope that has brought you great comfort. Thank you so much for sharing your story with us.

My best to you!
BitterSweet78801 (4 stories) (20 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-25)
Thanks for sharing and I am sorry for the passing of your mother. I am sure she did come to visit you in your dream. I've had many dreams of my friend whom passed and keep a dream journal. They have their own way of appearing, and showing you that they are still around you because they love you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: