You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Lightning That Wasn't There

Real Ghost Stories

Lightning That Wasn't There

 

Firstly, I'm sorry this is story is much more boring than my other ones. I just felt like I needed to share it, boring or not. I really felt something strong. Not every story is incredible.

About five months ago (October of 2012), I had another odd experience. Down the street from my home at the intersection, there was an accident involving a car and a motorcycle. I drove by in the morning on my way to the store, and saw the police and ambulance workers cleaning up the wreck. I didn't see if anyone died or not, but when the ambulance drove away, the sirens weren't on. It creeped me out, and I hoped to myself that the people involved were okay. Nothing happened at that point.

I was on my way home from class the same night at about 7:15. It was already dark outside and I was approaching the intersection. I had to turn left and my home was a mile away. I was getting ready to slow down for the turn (but had not slowed down yet), which was about 30 feet away. On the passenger side of the car, right on the very edge of the road I saw what I could only describe as lightning striking that very corner of the road, right beside my car! I didn't only see the blue flash of hot light, I felt it. The right side of my face, torso, and right arm tingled like it were being shocked. It didn't hurt but it sure felt odd. Imagine how it would feel to get shocked with just a small battery. This was what I felt. I continued to drive, past my turn, wondering what on Earth that was. It was strange. I continued to feel that odd tingling shock for about 5 minutes. All the while I was reasoning to myself what I saw and felt.

There was not a storm happening. There was no way that was actual lightning. It was very close to the wreck scene. Even my eye tingled and burnt like it would when something bright shines in your eyeball. I continued to drive feeling so strange and not being able to understand why I was feeling this way. I made it to my mom's house and picked up my kids (which I was going to wait to do until later had I not missed my turn). I went back home, taking a different route. I called my partner, told her to be careful around the intersection. She didn't understand what I was talking about. I explained what I saw and felt and she rushed home to check on me, thinking I somehow I really did get shocked.

Nothing was wrong with me. I was safe, but truly I saw something on the side of the road. The light was almost blinding. It looked like fire, but blue. It hit the ground like lightning. I saw sparks scatter off onto the roadside from where the "lightning" touched down. The tingling shock feeling left me very disoriented, like I didn't know at all what just happened. The road was almost empty at this point. There were only a couple cars out, being that this road was not a very busy one. The other cars were quite a ways away. I could just see their lights. I was almost alone, left with an unsettling, eerie feeling.

What on Earth was that?

Other hauntings by ChildOfTheLotus

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ChildOfTheLotus, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

luckyboy (1 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-28)
When my sister died the ambulance left slowly and without the siren on so the person may have been dead. The lightening could have something to do with the retrieval of the soul.
Morticia1 (6 stories) (162 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-28)
ChildOfTheLotus what do you mean boring? That was far from boring!

I actually had to mentally remind myself that where it was as you guys drive opposite to us (I'm an aussie so we have right hand drive, you guys are left hand drive obviously 😊)

Had me fasinated and interested that's for sure!
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-26)
Hello ChildOfTheLotus, I agree with Luna, JennZ, cookie and MoonFall about the narrative. I do not think it is a boring one but a rather an enigmatic one. I do not think it was lightning. I want to ask one question. After the incident, did you find out if someone died in the accident. Can you find out even now. If it were, then probably I feel, I do not know if I would be correct, the light might be that the light might have manifested to take the soul that passed on. That is the best one I could get in my mind. Probably, others, who are more experienced could throw more light on this.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
MoonFall (1 stories) (48 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-25)
I agree with the others. It was definitely not boring. I'm a bit baffled, myself.

😕
cookie-eated-me (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-25)
nothing boring about that! I just wonder if someone wanted you to feel something? I mean, you just happened to be there at that time.
JennZ (72 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-25)
I agree with Lunahenry, Definitely wasn't boring! Wow I wonder what it was? I can't wait to hear what other people think... Thanks for sharing!
Lunahenry (2 stories) (50 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-25)
Your story was anything but boring. I would be amazed if this happened to me. You not only viewed it but experienced it's physical properties. What can it be? You got me.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: