You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Helen

Real Ghost Stories

Helen

 

My husband and I were going to sleep on a typical weeknight last week. The television was off and the bedroom was dark, except for natural moonlight coming through the tops and bottoms of the windows. I was in that "twilight" sleep; relaxed and still, but still fully awake. All of a sudden, I heard the name "Helen", and I could feel something take over my body through the bottoms of my feet, quickly accelerating to the top of my head. I heard my voice moan and say "no", but I didn't have control of what was coming out of my mouth. I could hear my husband tell me to wake up as he was gently shaking me, but I didn't have control of my body. He continued to shake me a bit more forcefully.

Just as quickly as Helen came through my feet and took over my body, I felt her exit back out through my feet. I was able to sit up and talk at that point. My husband said, "You were having a bad dream". I proceeded to tell him that I wasn't asleep, I could hear every word coming out of my mouth as well as his, and felt every time that he shook me. I just wasn't able to respond because someone else was in control of my body. I didn't have any sense of fear or that we were meant any harm. I just felt that "Helen" wanted to take over until my husband shook me hard enough to make her leave.

I don't know if she was a ghost, an angel, or maybe my spirit guide. Many times in the past I've had that feeling that someone is watching me or felt that someone was right behind me, but never experienced anything like this before.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Mississippi

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, StaceyM, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-01)
Hi StaceyM, it is possible that during sleep paralysis, we would be in a position to hear what others say and we will not be able to physically move. Your narration is excellent and I could visualise what you must have experienced. But still I think that it is no paranormal encounter. Perhaps if you happen to experience it again, probably you will be in a position to realise it more now that you have seen the youtube.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
StaceyM (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-28)
Thank you, Sceptic-Ari. I didn't feel it was paranormal either. I felt that it was either my spirit guide or old family member. Thank you also for the link on youtube. I plan to watch it today.
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-27)
Dear StaceyM,
A stupendous narration... I could feel your story unfurling around me!

Yet, here I am trying to find the logical causes 1st.
There is a very good chance that what you experienced has been occurring through centuries and at present too there are many who face even graver attacks; but alas... This is not paranormal!
I had found, in the comments section of one of the stories of this site, the link to a very informative and well-made documentary by channel4, that I am going to request you to watch until the end:
"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmbpOucNVn4";

Please do not hesitate to ask any questions...

Regards
Yhana (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-27)
that was a very interesting story. I have the same experience as well.
Looking forward to posting one of the best experiences i've had in the past.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: