You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Creepy House And Barn

Real Ghost Stories

Creepy House And Barn

 

Like most of you, I was a skeptic before I personally experienced my share of supernatural events. This one that follows is the most recent one.

This house and barn are over 100 years old and it is well known around here. The house is creepy, both inside and out, but the barn is even creepier. The house is across a railroad track and next door to a reptile zoo and there are 2 more houses around the area but everything else surrounding it is woods besides the very busy and deadliest highway. (Sorry for being so detailed, just want you to picture it). This has been my in-laws residence for 6 years now.

Now about the supernatural. There is a man (possibly a demon), a little girl and a woman that are still living in this house. My boyfriend and his friend were a watching a movie late at night and they both saw a naked man blurred figure walk into his bedroom and vanish. Neither one of them said anything but they looked at each other and realized that they both saw him. On another occasion my boyfriend had a friend drop him off at this house late at night and he was getting ready to get out of the car. He heard a distant sound, he thought it was train that was getting close. He heard the same sound a few minutes later but it was louder and it wasn't the train at all. It was such a creepy sound that it raised his arm hairs and definitely caught his attention. He sat still and quiet and sure enough he heard it for a third time. This time his friend heard it as well, as it was even louder and creepier. His friend pulled out his mp3 and headphones and started recording the sound. When they listened to the recording they were terrified. What they heard were the sounds of hells bells and loud growling and moaning, the bells were getting louder and faster, and the sound was coming from the barn. They both freaked out and were so frightened that they just froze.

A few days later my boyfriend and his dad discovered an upside pentagram on the living room wall. It was painted with a clear coat of paint but it was noticeable. They tried painting over it but it kept reappearing.

My sister-in-law has seen and heard a little girl. She actually hears very often humming early in the mornings around 3:30 while shes getting her boyfriend's lunch together. One morning she was changing her baby's diaper and she walked away to throw the diaper away and when she returned one of the baby's toys was sitting next to her 2 month old baby. She has also seen a woman figure upstairs and she quickly vanishes. She has actually recorded a shadow in her bedroom with her phone and she still has the recording. I've seen it, very creepy.

I myself have only been here 3 months and the only I have experienced is a very gentle touch to my hair, which was occurring almost every night before bed.

The most recent occurrence happened 2 weeks ago when my boyfriend and I were laying in bed I was dozing off while he was watching TV when he saw a dark shadow figure walk past our bedroom. He jumped out of bed and shut our bedroom door. It was 1:20 in the morning so everyone was in bed by then. I sat up and we both checked the hallway but nothing was there. I'm not going to lie. I'm afraid to get up in the morning to make my baby a bottle, but I have to but until this day I haven't seen anything.

The house has a lot of history. It was an orphanage for children that had terminal illnesses. This one little girl that appears in the house was believed to have died in the house from cancer. The house was then sold a few times and I was told that a woman committed suicide in the house. I'm not sure who the man is, although I wish I did.

We have contacted a previous owner but she wouldn't tell us anything. All she said was go to the barn at night and you will find out about a little girl and when you do contact me. Not sure why she wouldn't talk to us. By the way, nobody dares to go out to the barn... It's pitch black!

If I find out anything else about this home and barn I will update my story. If you read all of this, I thank you for that and I apologize if I didn't make sense...sorry.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Tattoosandlace, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-04)
Hey there! Your story really gave me creeps. I liked the part when your boyfriend and his friend recorded the creepy voices. After reading the whole thing I've concluded that the ghosts didn't mean any harm but you ever know so I'll suggest don't risk yourselves. I would love to know more about these spirits. Do post if you find something, I will be waiting. Awesome story, be safe. Thanks!
-Shady
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-03)
As to the "hell's bells" I'm wondering the same as MandyNicole, if the sound was coming from another area of the track.
Clear inverted pentagram bugs me on soooooooo many levels. Somebody put it there. Who? Why? What was the point?
Now, bear with while I tell you a dumb story. I had nail holes in my wall as a teenager, I decided to plug them with little wads of paper, "paint" over them with a nail polish I hated the color of to hold the wads of paper in place. Redneck ingenuity ftw. I then painted my walls a dark brown. The places I'd plugged nail holes with nail polish showed through, shinier than the rest of the wall. It looked very much like dots of clear coat. My paint was flat, so the shiny spots really stood out. I painted those walls several more times, the nail polish always shone through as clear shiny patches. I finally painted my walls with a gloss paint and that hid it. Now, I told that seemingly pointless story to make a point. Could a previous resident, or a prankster from before the family moved in, have used some sort of glossy paint to put an inverted pentagram on the wall? Glossy paint shines through, as I found out. A clear inverted pentagram makes no sense at all. People who flash around inverted pentagrams generally seem to be attention wh*res (at least the ones I've met). They wouldn't make one clear. They'd want it red, or black, and standing out from the background in a big way. I suspect someone may have painted over the work of a prankster, and the family didn't find it until later. I don't put much stock in an inverted pentgram as a sign of evil, to me it's just a massive show of disrespect by ignorant people who don't know jack about what a pentagram actually is. Paint the walls with a gloss paint and forget about it.
Due to the age of the house and the proximity to railroad tracks, I'm wondering if the manifestations could be explained by EMF and infrasound. Older houses tend to have higher EMF (electromagnetic fields), and high EMF can trigger feelings of being watched and occasionally hallucinations. Getting the wiring checked is a good idea to rule out high EMF. Infrasoud is soundwaves lower than human hearing. You cannot hear it, but you can feel the vibrations from it. Infrasound can cause effects that seem paranormal in nature. Http://www.skepdic.com/infrasound.html short article here, you may be interested. Since the house is near railroad tracks, low sound waves and vibrations could easily be a culprit for a lot of the activity experienced.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-28)
MandyyNicole,

The Method is 'never' far away...😉

You can copy and paste it if you wish, just give me a 'by line' and I am happy. As for this 'experience' I'll wait until the O/P answers your questions as it seems you know this location...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Respectfully,

Rook
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-28)
Tattoosandlace - your boyfriend and his friend described the sounds they heard as "hells bells" and I just wondered what, exactly, "hells bells" means to them. I've never heard this expression used like this.
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-28)
I'm sorry if I came off as too harsh, by the way. That was absolutely not my intention...I'm both curious and perplexed by your story and I feel like other people may be embelishing the stories they tell you... I don't think you have anything to be afraid of though if your account of the hair touching is for real. Pay no mind to whatever presence you might personally feel if it makes you uncomfortable, and don't let your creepy feelings get in the way of walking around the place in the wee hours...it's your home too, now.
Maybe you could try Rook's cleansing method to make you feel a little more at ease...it's around this page somewhere...also, I like to envision a white light, like a shield of pure love, surrounding me, starting from my center/heart and expanding all the way out. Helps me feel better when I get the heebie-jeebies, anyway.
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
+5
11 years ago (2013-02-28)
I am slightly bothered by this story, so, before I start jumping to conclusions, I feel like I need to ask some questions and state some facts.

I live about six miles away, pass this place litterally every single day and have grown up around this area...However, I have never once heard any mention of an orphanage or home for terminally ill children. It's quite a small town and you'd think it'd be widely known, given the supposed history... I am not discrediting this part of your story, I'm just curious as to how exactly you found this bit of history out because I couldn't find anything by googling it. If you have a link, please share it.

Also.
How long was the family living in the house before they noticed this invisible pentagram on the wall?
This really bothers me... I know that I would certainly notice something painted with a clear coat on my walls- clearly (no pun intended!), it didn't ever match the paint if they saw it at all (it would have had to be reflective in certain lighting, and being in a living room, I assume it would be generally hard to miss...it's a 'living' room after all.)...or, are you suggesting its appearance was of a paranormal nature?

Could the sounds that your boyfriend heard have actually been the train on a distant part of the track? Really think about that logically.
I can hear the crossing bells from where I'm at, which quite a ways before it gets to the crossing here in town; not to mention it's a farming community, so it could have been any number of animals (if you've ever heard a barn full of pigs, especially at night, it sounds terrifying. Same with rabbits that are being eaten for dinner, kind of human-scream-esque).

Annnnd one more thing.
If this is the same place, which I'm almost positive it is, there's this urban legend (legends are based off truths, right?) that one of the previous owners, waaaay, way back, killed all of his animals in the barn and then himself... My friends used to smoke pot there, in that barn, back in high school and knew the kid that lived there- and no, they were not into satanic anything. The most plausible, supernatural part of this story that I've found, is the naked man.
Creepy, yes. Haunted, possibly (I'm on the fence with this story). Satanic/demonic, absolutely not... It would radiate off of the place.
byroben (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-27)
dont let a spirit make you afraid to feed your baby. Do you feel as if they tried to harm you?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: