You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Very Scared And Need Help

Real Ghost Stories

Very Scared And Need Help

 

I have never believed in ghosts or spirits or anything of that nature, but lately my mind has been changing. Since my roommates moved in around the end of August, I have periodically been seeing a shadow person. I have lived in the basement of this house for over 5 years and this shadow person only showed up this fall.

Anyway, I live in the basement, and my roommates live upstairs. They have said they have felt a presence in the house as well, but have never seen too much of anything. I, however, have seen the distinct shadow of a tall, skinny man several times in my area of the house and every time I see him, I first feel complete fear and panic.

The first time I saw him he was standing by the water heater watching me as I walked towards my bathroom. When I looked over at him for a second he was gone... A couple days later I was in bed and had my lamp on. I looked over to the far corner of my room because I felt scared that someone was in my room or watching me, and sure enough, he was standing still watching me from the corner. Then I didn't see him for a while. But a couple months later I saw him standing on the stairs which go down to the basement again just watching me, I didn't see him again for a couple more months.

Most recently I looked up from bed and I saw him standing by the foot of my bed just watching me. And then he disappeared. I'm not sure who he is or why he is watching me or why I am the only one who sees him in the house. I thought that he might be my grandfather, because I know my grandfather was tall and skinny. So today, I was walking down to the basement to go to the freezer and I could sense something again so I said, "If this is Grandad, I say hello!" and as I turned on the light, it flashed brightly, flickered and then went out, Which was strange because I had changed that light bulb recently.

I was wondering if this could be a sign that it is, in fact, my grandfather, or if that was just a coincidence? I was also wondering why this shadow person only showed up when my roommates moved in and why he only comes around me?

Oh also, I found it interesting that my cats seem to react to the shadow person. But they are not afraid or angry. They seem to rub against him or try and play with him, Which I can only see as a good sign.

I really just wanted to share my story and see if anyone has any advice on what to do!

Thank you!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, blamecarl87, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-23)
BJJ,

Just one thing more, then moving on.

Dacom,

Those who mentioned something about the origins of 'my' method were only looking out for someone they consider a friend... As far as that term can be applied to sites such as this.

There was a time I could make comments 5 nights a week, then a prolonged break due to my job situation changing... Recently I have been able to visit the site again... Not as often as I would like but more regularly than before. So they were just 'watching my back' so to speak. I have told many people to suggest my method to others... Just mention where/who they got it from. It's only fair that way, because if anyone has questions they can contact me and I can answer them.

Again, Welcome to YGS... I look forward to reading your comments.

Respectfully,

Rook
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-23)
It looks like everything that needs to be said on this topic has been said. Let's all just move on to greener pastures now and leave this misunderstanding behind, ok?
Dacom (3 stories) (28 posts)
-2
10 years ago (2014-08-23)
It was Rook's method and for him to speak to me of it, good or bad.
Others Shouldn't be so quick to comment if I wasn't being bashed over it, Just a thought.
Thanks for giving me the benefit Rook.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-20)
Dear Dacom, Rook summarised whatever we wanted to say. It was never meant to offend you. We know that out of your anxiety to pass on the cleansing method, you might have not mentioned the source and Ari was right in his views. Keep posting and keep helping others.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-20)
Dacom,

Thanks for that. We all come here to read other peoples experiences, offer any help, advice or understanding concering them.

I do not mind that you offered my Method as a possible way to help, but what happens when an O/P asks you about a particular part of it and you can not help them with it?

I do not think anyone was bashing you, and I am sure you will add some good insights here at YGS, Welcome to the site.

Respectfully,

Rook
Dacom (3 stories) (28 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-08-20)
To make something CLEAR,
MY intentions weren't to take credit for, Rook's, Work or Knowledge!
Only to pass on info that seemed helpful,
My HUMBLE APOLOGIES for caring for people other than myself, Weather I know them or not!
I will give ALL sources in Future.
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-20)
Dear Miracles, sds, rook,

Plagiarism makes Ari mad 😠 Hope Dacom acknowledge next time 😐

Thank you Miracles for looking out, and sds for supporting. He has shared it somewhere else too. If he doesn't repeat it, then let's give him the benefit of doubt. Providing he doesn't do it again.
Rook said it is rude not to credit the source, but that is if done once. Twice done, it is considered intentional.

Thank you all for being there.

Regards

PS- A question that keeps messing with me head; what are the age brackets here on YGS to be considered a young adult, a middle-aged adult & a senior adult? Any idea/me curious😕
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-08-20)
sds - it appears Dacom saw my comment and took it seriously because after that, I haven't seen him sharing Rook's Cleansing Recipe.

Thanks 😊
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-20)
Miracles, I appreciate your point of view and concur with your views. Because yesterday when I was reading another story, Dacom has suggested Rook's cleansing to someone else too. I think it was before you advised him. I hope he does change his ways in future.

Thank you very much for the response.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-08-19)
Rook - you're welcome 😊

Rook and sds - not only was it rude, but to me it's no different than someone plagiarizing a story from our site, or any other, and submitting it as their own. Rook, I know you know this LOL, but to make my point your Home Cleansing/Shielding Recipe says " (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) " which indicates ownership. Not everyone (especially new members) would know this is not Dacom's personal method of cleansing a home.

Like I said, this is no different than if Dacom had submitted a story that s/he copied that someone else had already submitted and had been published.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-19)
Miracles, very true. I agree with you. I have not only suggested the cleansing to people in this site but also to many of my friends, who don't browse YGS. Still I have given credit to Rook always. Because for all the good work, as Rook said, we should credit the source. Dacom suggested Rook's method to O/P but for over a year, there is no reply or response from the O/P and we don't know if he experiences what he did then. I feel it is a bit belated.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-19)
Miracles,

Thanks for looking out for me... Changing two words does not make a whit of difference... One should credit ones sources it's rude not to.

Respectfully,

Rook
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-08-18)
Dacom - when you are sharing someone else's Home Cleansing/Shielding technique, please make sure and acknowledge where you obtained it. As in this case, this is Rookdygin's Recipe for Home Cleansing/Shielding taken word for word from his profile or another story.
Dacom (3 stories) (28 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-08-18)
Recipe for a Home Or Self Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the centermost point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

A bit late I know but if it is still happening hope it helps.

Do you feel or sense anything just before you see this figure?
Sometimes some entities that have been attached to someone unwillingly can brake away to someone more opened to there needs, what ever it may be.
Did it look the same the first time you seen it? And if your not shore of that, After the first sighting did you picture your grandad in your mind?
Some things can take many forms.
To give attention is to give it a foot hold, that is were the danger lies.
Stay Safe all the best, I hope it has been sorted out and you found your answers.
emmfranklin (4 posts)
-2
11 years ago (2013-09-01)
I might be able to solve your problem

But for that you have to come to India
ramanathan2108 (1 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-03-06)
Sirs,
I too had para-normal experiances. However nothing could scare me. The reason is, I just find out what is my duty and do that - without finding any excuse to not to do that work.
I will advice you the same techniques. You can do nothing to help any living being or this dead/ appartion, without forgetting your present assignment in hand. However, if your present assignment at each moment is done, you will be able to tell any additional work/ person to help his problems himself; unless doing that work was your present assignment.
With this technique, you can overcome any problem, created by man or devil.
No one can fill in courage in you, than the consequence of not doing the present assignment/ work.
Bye.
Ramanathan.G
India, 6-3-2013 at 11 pm.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-06)
Greyhawk,

You have presented yourself as "an exorcist for our diocese", are you saying you are a Roman Catholic Exorcist? If not may I ask which Church you belong to?

I would also like to know just what you are basing your evaluation of these 'Shadow People' on... I ask because I personal feel any 'demonic/evil' presence even a "low level" one is NOT... How did you put it, oh yes "fairly harmless" and I (MY OPINION) do not see how/why and ordained minister/exorcist could say such a thing.

Respectfully,

Rook
beaustewart (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-05)
yes I believe that you should go see your local priest for help, but if there is even little chance he could be watching over you like a 'guardian' or something?:)
Greyhawk (1 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-03-05)
My Dear -What you are experiencing is fairly harmless. These "Shadow People" are really very low level demons/evil spirits. They mainly tease, pester, and annoy. Sometimes they do, indeed, frighten.
I work as an exorcist for our diocese and have seen a lot this happening. A local priest ought to be able to get rid of this problem for you in short order.

God Bless!
Fr. Jim in Tennessee
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-05)
Hey there! As per the description you've given about the shadow, I don't think it means any harm to you. Plus your cat being friendly with it is indeed a good thing. But as you've mentioned the title of your story, if you really are that scared, I would suggest you call a priest and get your house blessed. Good story. Be good. Thanks!
-Shady
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-05)
Hi blamecarl87, you said that you did not believe in paranormal and just after your friends moved in and you had some experiences, you started changing your mind. But as BadJuuJuu said why you are scared of this entity. Is it because you are seeing something not natural or because your gut feeling says that this entity is something to be scared of. As BadJuuJuu said both are entirely different. If your gut feeling or the first feeling of yours kindled fear, then it should be a negative entity. But your pets play with this entity, that is something strange. That makes me thinking.

But I cannot say that it could be your grandpa. Perhaps this entity might have been attached to one of your friends, who moved in.

Still if you feel that it is a negative entity, please try to cleanse the house with Rook's method, available elsewhere in this site.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Zack84 (8 stories) (32 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-04)
My mothers house has had several incidents of shadow people. I've never seen them myself but I've been told by others that they've been in the room with me while I was reading, watching TV or even sleeping. I've never felt threatened by that, it's never even given me pause when I visit. I've certainly felt them around, sort of a sensation you're barely conscious of that someone is nearby... I've always just looked at it as someone passing through. Or someone leaving a room while I enter it. If the entities are aware they may not be any more aware of you than you are of them? Maybe it's standing there looking at you wondering what the heck you could be...
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-04)
Whatever or whoever the entity is, I strongly advise you not to try to contact it. Acknowledging spirits gives them power and it can escellate into something not very pleasant. I would try to ignore it as much as possible. In the unlikely event that things get worse, firmly tell it to leave.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-04)
Blamecarl87, I have recently been told a 'quote', supposedly by Albert Einstein - it goes, "Coincidence is God's way of staying anonymous". It makes sense, doesn't it?

I have also been told that very often, shadow people are just observers - nothing to fear.

I hope that helps to set your mind at ease. 😊
JennZ (72 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-03)
In my opinion, it sounds like your friends brought this entity with them. And maybe the reason you see him because, your more sensitive to the supernatural. Have you ever in the 5yrs experienced any activity? Also has your bedroom always been in the basement?
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
11 years ago (2013-03-03)
The light bulb acting up when you asked if it was your grandfather could have been coincidence, but it could also have been an answer to your question. Whether that answer was a yes or a no, I can't guess.
You say you feel fear and panic when you see him. Why? What I'm asking is what triggers the fear. Is it seeing something that you know shouldn't be there that scares you? Or is the entity itself that's scaring you? It's an important difference. I suspect you're just reacting to something being there that shouldn't be, because if it had any bad vibes I'm pretty sure your cats would be acting differently.
Why did this entity only appear after your roommates moved in? He's trying to check them out. The environment in the house has changed, and he's trying to figure out who they are, if they're ok, he's curious about them. If it is in fact your grandfather, he could be worried about them for your sake. My suggestion would be to tell him "these people living here are my friends. They're good people, you don't need to worry about them." He may be less noticeable if he's satisfied that they're alright. Just my take on it anyway.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: