You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Grandpa Checking on Me

Real Ghost Stories

Grandpa Checking on Me

 

When I was 10, I used to sleep where my Great Grandfather's office was. My brother had the extra bedroom my Grandfather would use and my parents had the room that him and my Grandmother would share. My Grandmother is still with us, but my Grandfather passed away when I was 5. I had trouble sleeping and a terrible fear of the dark so my parents left the hallway light on for me.

I would have my door open a bit so the light could go in. Sometime in the middle of the night, I woke up to the sound of the shower. There is a bathroom at the end of the hallway that I can see from my room. I looked at it, the door was open a crack and the light was off. I heard the nozzle turn off the water and the shower door open.

Someone got out and closed the shower door. Then I heard the bathroom door creek open without it moving. I heard footsteps walk to the door of my brother's room. The door creeked open, but didn't move. It went inside and I didn't move from the position I was in. I stared at the bathroom door for what seemed like hours, and I fell asleep on my stomach.

Another time, when I was in my bed trying to sleep, I had been having nightmares and so it was hard for me to sleep. Everyone was in bed already and when I finally got my eyes closed, I heard footsteps coming from the living room. It started getting closer to my room. I shut my eyes tight and hoped it wasn't going to stop in front of my room. The footsteps stopped outside my door. I opened my eyes and there was a shadow over my head. I flipped over to look and there was nothing there.

I wasn't too scared because after thinking about it, I thought it was my Grandpa checking on me. I was having a hard time in school and everything, so it made me feel better when something like that would happen. I had strange things happen in that room and even stranger things happen in the one I have now, but that's a whole other story.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Cassandra, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Abby (710 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-22)
Dear Cassandra,

You may want to speak to your grandfather out loud and imagine him there, even if you do not see him. Tell him how much you love and appreciate him watching over you, but you do not wish to see him in person or making all that noise at night, because he scares you. If he is truly your grandfather who truly loves you and is watching over you, he will do as you have asked him to do. Nobody, loving and kind, alive or dead wishes to scare somebody they love. I hope that things will improve for you and you will be able to sleep peacefully again.

Blessings, --Abby
CearysAwesome (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-21)
Cute story. 😆 Grandpa taking a shower and he's passed away. That's a kind of strange thing were the door creaked without moving. God Bless.

Ceary 😆
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-21)
Cassandra, don't be afraid!It's Grampa just checking up on you. Be honoured he loved you so much! ❤
purplequeen12 (2 stories) (69 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-20)
Nice story! I guess it could be your grandpa. I would be very scared if that happened to me...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: