You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: A Fiendish Experience

Real Ghost Stories

A Fiendish Experience

 

The other night I was hanging out with my friend, let's call her "H". My friends and I usually always get together on the weekends to socialize and travel the city. It is a normal thing for us, after our week in school we get to relax and have some fun with each other. Normally it is a group of about 4 to 5 people, but every once in a while someone can't hang out because they have to do something else.

But this weekend no one could hang out except for H and I. I was alright with that, it was just a little weird cause H and I haven't hung out much alone together.

Any ways, we met up around about 6pm and we walked around for a bit until it was pretty dark. We went to her home and she ate dinner, and we didn't really have anything to do. We decided to just sit in her room and talk. So we did, we sat on her bed and listened to music for a very long time, not doing anything. We just were just enjoying the music. We got to talking about a lot of things, things such as vibes, religion, evil spirits, and different energy types. I like to talk about these kinds of things for some reason, they're just so intriguing to me (I am sure you can relate). And whenever I find someone else who likes to talk about these kinds of things it makes me pretty excited! I also consider myself to be a very "spiritually sensitive" person. I have always thought that I can see a little bit more than what is actually there. This is just what I have come to believe as I get older, and I have been raised to believe that I will be able to see spirits and communicate with them.

As this night went on we were getting pretty tired, anxious and just plain bored. She was texting her boyfriend, and he was acting kind of weird, and it was causing her to become a little distraught. I didn't think it was much because I usually don't pay attention to other peoples relationship problems. And I guess I thought it just wasn't a big deal. He then preceded to tell us that he took a bunch of mushrooms, and that "he gets lost when he does them". Which kind of confused and frightened us a bit. We were trying to apply tons of different meanings to what he meant when he said that he gets lost. It weirded us out a bit, but it still wasn't that big of a deal to us. We were just surprised that he was alone. Because both of us have done mushrooms in the past and we know what they can do to a person, ESPECIALLY if that person is alone. Being alone on them is just a big no no, I am sure some of you may know this. Some people may prefer to be alone but not the majority.

So after he texted us that "he gets lost" whenever he does mushrooms, he didn't answer after H called him over and over again. She went on facebook and messaged him and texted him again and again. Because, yes, we were a bit nervous that he took a bunch of mushrooms while he is alone, especially since now he isn't answering anyone. There was a part of me that just wanted to shrug this off and just think his phone died and he fell asleep or something along the lines of that. But for some reason I had this bad feeling, like something bad was happening to him. I kept getting mental imagery of bad things happening to him, and so did my friend H. We shared that we both had a bad feeling about this situation to each other. So I convinced her that we go check on him. It was kind of a wild and crazy idea at first, since he has roommates and if we just knocked on the door at about 12 at night, it might be a little weird. Plus he lived on the other side of town then we did, he lived in a pretty bad area of town. An area known for it's crime rates and drug use. But we made our decision. We were going to check on him.

Ok, so we drove about 15ish minutes until we got to his house, and we parked in front of his house. It was a pretty huge house from the early 1900's or something. That's how most of the houses in that area are. Big and old. We just stared at the house, contemplating if we should get out. We still couldn't really believe we drove all the way over there without his consent in the middle of the night. So yes, we were nervous to go up to the door and knock. We looked at all the windows in the house and only one of them had the light on in the room, and it was his room.

So H was just staring at his window, very hard. I didn't get why she was looking so hard at the window (at this point neither one of us were afraid, we were fine). She told me it looks like he was in the window staring at us, and so I looked. I saw a weird pattern on his window, I knew it wasn't a person. At first I didn't really know what it was but there was a film of a water-like substance over his window. I looked like it was glowing, or reflective. I was just in awe, I asked her what she thought it was and she said she didn't know. But it was moving. Like it was alive. It was shaking and morphing and "bubbling". It was kind of gross looking. It began to scare us a lot as we began to realize that we were witnessing something paranormal. We thought that it could have been a manifestation of negative energy, going to her boyfriend in his room, and we were just watching it flow in. It was the strangest thing, it's as if the "stuff" was reacting to stimulus. Like there was a force moving and controlling it. I don't know how to really explain it.

At this point we were afraid, we didn't know if we should go into the house if there is a negative energy in it. We were both began to get short of words because of how afraid we were. Then at the corner of my eye I noticed a red flashing light, I stopped moving instantly and stared at it. It was in between two houses where it was very dark. (there was probably about 50 feet between the houses). It's as if "it" was trying to get my attention, and it did. It surprised me at first, cause it was very noticeable. H noticed that I was staring at something and decided to look where I was looking. We both were describing what we were seeing out loud. And it was matching up, we were both seeing the same thing.

Let me explain to you what we saw. Right under the red light there a child-like figure. It was the size of a child except it was extremely skinny. It seemed as if it was kind of shiny just like what we seen on the window, yet extremely dark, darker than what we know as dark. It was doing something though, she described that it looked like it was playing while I thought that it was eating. Whatever it was, we were watching it. I remember the feeling of complete terror that came over me, I immediately knew what we were looking at and so did she. I remember how my heart just dropped into my stomach, I felt an INTENSE anxiety inside of me while I was watching this. It was so frightening. I wish I could explain in words how much fear was pumping through my veins in that moment. There was no explanation to what it was, it was no type of animal and it most certainly was not a human. It gave off a feeling of pure evil and filth.

It was moving as if it knew what it was doing, like it was smart. The thing that made this so weird was where we saw it. It was in the complete darkness. Why would something be in the darkness right there? What would it be doing? IT seemed as if it was also giving off it's own light a little. It looked vicious. It looked mean. It looked rabid. Yet it still looked like person, it stood up on it two feet, and it was walking around a bit. It seemed extremely angry, or extremely hyper. I then told H to turn on the car, and that we need to go, NOW in a very serious tone, before it noticed that we were there. She scrambled for her keys turned on her car, and we sped off as fast as we could. I did not take my eyes off of the thing. I was just waiting for it to change, or disappear. But it didn't. As we drove away I even saw it from different angles. It didn't ever acknowledge that we were there though (thank God).

We were both silent, and pale. As we drove away from the house. We didn't say a word, we were frozen with our fear. She drove a few blocks away to a McDonalds and parked in the parking lot and looked at me, she said, "We need to talk about what we just saw". We were both shaken up, and just speechless. We tried to comprehend what just happened, but it's like we just couldn't. We didn't even want to believe what we saw. I remember just sitting there, I could still see that thing in my mind. It was real. It wasn't a movie, it wasn't a game. What we had just seen, was in real life. The more I thought about it the more terrified I got. She explained to me that we need to go back, because her boyfriend is on mushrooms and is vulnerable, with that thing near him. It all began to make sense. That thing was probably there for her boyfriend.

When you do mushrooms your mind opens up, a lot. It can make your mind extremely vulnerable to the spirit world. Especially to people who don't know what they are doing. The thought of being alone with that thing frightened me so badly. And that's just what her boyfriend was doing. I decided that I would wait at McDonalds while she went back and tried to get in the house. As I was getting out of the car, I just decided, I had to go. I couldn't make her do that alone. I needed to face this situation. This was a complete test of my faith. I was so scared, I didn't want to go back with all my heart. But we couldn't leave him there. So we decided to go back. I took my cross necklace off and held it in my hand, squeezing it. We decided to walk to his house since it was fairly close to where we were. The neighborhood was so dead, it was so dark. All the houses were huge, and falling apart. Some of them the paint was peeling off. It just wasn't a pretty sight. As we were getting closer to his house the negative feelings were building up more and more.

My heart was just RACING I had my hood on and my head down, because I didn't want to see anything! When we got next to the house, we felt this cold breeze. It was not a windy night, but a huge whoosh of wind just slammed into us. It just gave us the feeling like we were not wanted in this area. We were right in front of the house and we were slowly walking to the door, when we heard a very loud screaming noise. It sounded like an infant crying. It was just screaming and yelling, and the sound seemed to surround us. It was a terrible noise, it sounded human, yet not human at all. It sounded like the loud cry of an infant mixed with a screaming cat. It was an unpleasant noise, it did not sound of this world. H ran back to me and we started to quickly walk away. We stopped then realized we shouldn't let this "thing" scare us away. So we walked back and knocked on the door. No one answered. So we left. We got back to her car. And reflected on what just happened again.

We drove back to his house, instead of walking. One last time. We parked in front of his house. And we looked for the "thing" that we seen before. And yes it was there still. Except this time it was still. It was just standing there, it looked kind of like it was searching for something on the ground slowly. It looked discouraged. It's weird how it stayed in the same place, to me. Right before we were going to leave, H got a text from her boyfriend asking us if we could come over. How weird is that? We were already there. We were at his house for about an hour trying to find a way in, for almost no reason. Just because we had a bad feeling about this situation. So he was fine, he calmed down. He was returning to reality, but he said he went through hell. He was almost in tears because of how scared he was.

H ended up taking me home that night. I was so happy to be in the safety of my home. A few days later H and I met up, because we needed to talk about everything that happened that night. We needed to just clarify everything. And we did. She then told me one thing, that really freaked me out. She said that her boyfriend almost killed himself that night. That he was so far gone that he almost killed himself to escape the terror. I was just shocked at that. Because to me, that explained why that thing didn't want us near the house. I was bewildered. That night taught me not to be afraid in certain situations. Even if you are terrified out of your mind, you shouldn't back down from anything that you feel needs to be done. I still cannot really believe that this all happened. There were tons of coincidences, like the fact that no one could hang out that night except her and I. It's like we were meant to go through with all of that.

Any who, what does everyone feel about this? Has anyone had a similar experience?

And let me promise you this is 100% true. This happened last weekend to me. I feel like I have finally regained enough courage to actually think about this, so that I can post it on here and share it with others.

Thanks!

Other hauntings by brennen4321

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, brennen4321, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SpottedCat (5 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-06)
I can accept that taking drugs could leave a user vulnerable to the intentions of bad spirits. But it also leaves the user/s vulnerable to the intentions of bad people. If there is high crime in that area, please discourage everyone you know from doung drugs there. Thank you for sharing your story.
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-02)
Most others here have cautioned about drug use so I shall refrain. I just want to say that you and your friend were really good people to check up on her boyfriend, and I'm really glad you were able to save his life. I hope you all are safe in the future! I also suspect that what you saw was a raccoon. After staying up late enough, discussing ghosts, and driving in a hurry to help someone, anyone could see crazy things! Once, a friend and I stayed up until 5 in the morning discussing ghosts and other scary creatures. My alarm suddenly went off with a very static-y radio station, and she and I screamed! Then I realized it was my alarm and we laughed. Once the hysteria is broken, it's easier to see the reality, and vice versa.
generalchaos (2 stories) (141 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-07-09)
Hi, I noticed you were posting from Washington. On the off chance that you were in Seattle - we have a TON of raccoons here. In fact, I have some living in the cedar tree in my backyard. They make that eerie crying sound during mating season - which is early spring. So yeah, you very well could have heard, possibly seen, a raccoon getting its groove on. Scared the hell out of me the first time I heard it.

Don't know what to say about the water on the window - except that condensation can do some pretty weird things sometimes, and old houses have old, wavy windows that can reflect things oddly sometimes.

Hang in there. Glad to hear the boyfriend is ok - hope he doesn't do shrooms alone again.
HassaniSabbah (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-10)
I do believe that when someone gose through a traumatic expirience it releases incredable bad energy (on drugs or not). With bad energy comes ominus spirits that are attracted to that energy. It does indeed make sence that spirits fully manifest them selves to intoxicated people because through their eyes it could be part of the trip. Lucky that you tried to help that guy because the spirit or spirits would have made it even worse for him, they didn't want you to help him that is why the wind was pushing you away. You could of very well saved his life by just being there. Oh and BTW... DO NOT TAKE DRUGS, OK thanks and take care.
Narella (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-07)
RedWolf: You are probably right about the racoon. I should have thought of that. I've seen them standing like that and it would explain what she saw. I'm glad the OP and her friend didn't have a physical encounter with it. Those things can be mean!
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-03-07)
BadJuuJuu
I agree with you. I don't see anything paranormal either.
Narella
You are right about the red light being a electronic fence. It could have been a fox but by the description I would say it was a Raccoon. They get huge and can look like a small skinny child when they stand up and their cry can be eerie when they feel threatened.
Brennan
You need to stop using mind altering drugs. You can't handle the consequences. I've heard of people who use psychotropic drugs having bad trips and dying, others can have flash backs and freak out. It sounds like you and H were freaking each other out convincing each other something "bad" was in the air. I don't know what you "think" you saw in the window. You said there was a watery substance on it and the thing kept morphing. Well I think you and H were just talking each other into seeing things. I know for a fact this can happen especially in the dark, it happened to me and a friend when we were your age and no we were NOT drug users. Not even pot I'm allergic to it I go into an asthma type attack when I'm too close to pot smoke.
Get off the mushrooms one day you're going to get one that is going to be you're last one and your parents are going to have to bury you.
Mortal (15 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-03-06)
That means shroom is no different from alcohol and not wearing specs... Everyone is beautiful.
brennen4321 (3 stories) (3 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-05)
I understand that the mentioning of mind altering substances do add a bit of doubt for some people. I live in a place where there is a lot of drug use, unfortunately. I see myself as more of a spectator to the effects of them. I did participate in them out of curiosity for a bit then found there was nothing there for me.
Anyways, I find that there is definitely a correlation between drug use and spiritual entities. I believe that yes, mind altering substances do allow certain entities to take advantage of you. I believe that they will intentionally seek you out so they can do "what they want" with you when someone is on the substances.
[at] rookdygin We were driving around, we were not on anything. I should have mentioned that in the story. I guess I spoke so casually about the drugs because, well I am an 18 year old teenager, who lives in an urban place where it isn't really much of a big deal to talk about.
Thank you for commenting!
Narella (guest)
+2
11 years ago (2013-03-05)
Foxes make noises like the one you described. It isn't that unusual for a fox to be found in an urban area. The red flashing light could have been an indicator for an electric fence. Lots of people with dogs have them. The other things you saw can be explained by distortions in appearance caused by the dark. I don't see anything paranormal here.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-05)
Not to beat a dead horse, but I just re-read this poster's other submissions. 2 out of 3 stories feature mind altering substances. Interesting.
Assuming the OP and H hadn't actually used anything the night of this event, they had spent the evening telling each other ghost stories and were already freaked out when they got to the boyfriend's house. In other words, the right frame of mind to jump at shadows. The boyfriend himself was hardly in a position to give an accurate account of the night's events. In all honesty, there is nothing here that sounds paranormal to me. Sorry to be blunt and b!tchy, but this story just strikes me as anything but paranormal.
I'll go away now.
JennZ (72 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-05)
Mortal, easiest way to explain, they are mushrooms that are poisonous and cows poop on them lol that's the best way to explain... And for this experience, it sounds like you too were also trippin... Just my opinion... The last time my friend tripped, he seen the devil floating above the campfire... This drug Definitely messes with your mind!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-03-05)
Mortal,

They are also referred to as 'shrooms' or magic mushrooms. They are mushrooms that when eaten produce an effect that is not unlike LSD.

Shrooms: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=shrooms

Respectfully,

Rook
Mortal (15 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-05)
Can someone tell me what is this mushroom? I googled it but doesn't make sense to me.
mischka (2 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-03-05)
Actually whether or not drugs are good or bad is really not the issue and wasn't the focus of this story. Even if what H was witnessing was a physical manifestation of this guys imagined hallucinatory experience this doesn't negate the experience or make it any less amazing. Actually there is a professor who is studying DMT and administering it to volunteers to study the possibility that they may be interacting with entities from a different dimension. Mushrooms, DMT, and various other psychedelic plants and compounds have been used for spiritual communication and religious ceremony long before moderation has existed and has continued to this day. Several native peoples still use it for medicinal and spiritual healing and worship. I personally donot and haven't had any psychedelic experiences
But I know many who have and continue to do so with no ill effects. Research DMT The Spirit Molecule by the professor who did that study if you don't believe me. Also Alexander Shulgin has great books on various Psychedelic substances and their effects. TIHKAL & PIHKAL are the titles. I am just saying this is a forum to share spiritual or paranormal experience and I thank the author for being honest and forthright in her telling of the account.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-03-05)
brennen,

Your casual 'approach' concerning the use of 'mushrooms' during this 'experience' actually takes away from the validity of the entire chain of events... I'm not saying you are lying, not by any means but comments like...

"And I guess I thought it just wasn't a big deal. He then preceded to tell us that he took a bunch of mushrooms, and that "he gets lost when he does them". Which kind of confused and frightened us a bit. We were trying to apply tons of different meanings to what he meant when he said that he gets lost. It weirded us out a bit, but it still wasn't that big of a deal to us. We were just surprised that he was alone. Because both of us have done mushrooms in the past and we know what they can do to a person, ESPECIALLY if that person is alone. Being alone on them is just a big no no, I am sure some of you may know this. Some people may prefer to be alone but not the majority."

While there are individuals who 'feel' drugs 'can open their minds' to 'Spiritual Things' I'm not so sure. I've been at party, with really good friends who were 'tripping' and they began 'tracking' something moving about the room... They would stare at the same corner, then turn their heads, the same direction... It was obvious to others they were 'watching' the same thing. Up, down, left, right. Into the corner of the room, through the kitchen... Back near the front door. Their head movements matched, It really looked like they were seeing something. When asked what they were watching they described the same thing... Actually finished each others sentences as they described the large brightly glowing 'blue puffball' that was darting around the room.

Were they both seeing the same 'blue puffball spirit'? I can not say for sure, and because of the casual mention of 'mushroom use I have to say the same for this experience. You do not mention if you and 'H' had taken anything, I will guess you will say 'NO' and that is fine, but Being sensitive what you saw may have simply been a visual manifestation of what 'H''s boyfriend was 'seeing' in his drug induced state and not an actual spirit...

Just my opinion though.

Respectfully,

Rook
lizzy07 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-04)
That's scary. It's really interesting 😁. I like stories like this.
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-04)
It sounds like these things were there to take him to a not so nice place. I have never seen anything to that extreme.
brennen4321 (3 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-04)
BadJuuJuu
Thanks for the response.
Of course drugs are bad right? But that is besides the point.

Harrypotterrules
It was extremely hard to go back, I really didn't want to!
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
11 years ago (2013-03-04)
"What does everyone feel about this?"
I feel like your tale is an excellent example of why drugs are bad, mmkay.
Hey, you asked.
harrypotterrules (59 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-04)
Wow... You two were somehow distracting the spirit above the window because if you'd have been dead meat had it seen you. I would have ran away. You were brave!
bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-04)
wow... What a great story, very creepy... Its strange the way things happen... I like the way mcdonalds turned up in the story... Here in ireland mcdonalds do this fantastic fish burger... Oh god I love them... Anyway, good story

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: