You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Protectors

Real Ghost Stories

Protectors

 

These are a few jumbled events of where I now know we were really being protected. I can say with certainty that I at least have mostly only experienced good ghostly encounters, bar one. I'm truly thankful for that.

My younger sister and I had decided this particular weekend in June 2011 to go shopping. Now, just to clarify, I'm not the typical girl when it comes to shopping. I think like my dad. I know what I want, I go and get it and get out. I don't stroll malls, I walk with purpose. My sister is the opposite. She decides she needs an outfit for a function, and it turns into a whole day shopping trip. But I was up for the challenge this weekend, this was sister bonding time. The Saturday, we took the boys with us, and the poor little guys were so bored. So, when we decided there were still things needed and we'd go back the Sunday, we both felt, VERY STRONGLY, that the boys should stay at home with my parents.

The Sunday morning we got in my sister's car and headed for the mall. We were about 3 kilometres away from home, stopped at a traffic light. My sister was driving. In front of us was an old man driving the exact same car as we were in, right down to the colour. In front of him was a guy in a big 4x4 (pick up truck) and behind us was a couple with their little boy, in a VW Jetta. As the light turned green we all started to pull away. About 80 metres from the robot there used to be a dip in the road, which was filled up weeks before this. But just as everyone started to gain speed, the rocket scientist in the 4x4 stopped dead in front of the patch where the dip used to be. Then he sped off. No one anticipated this and chaos ensued. The man in front of us hit the brakes, I remember I had my hand reached out to turn the volume on the radio down, when I realized we were going to hit the car in front of us. It felt like we were moving in slow motion, the accident felt like it took hours when it was mere seconds. My sister hit the brakes as fast as she could, but the car in front of us seemed to attract ours. Impact. I had my seat belt on but still lunged forward so hard that I nearly hit my head on the dashboard. Then, impact from behind. This pulled me upright in my seat.

My sister was so calm, we were all able to move our vehicles from the road and then people started piling out one by one. The very first thought that I had was, I need to call my mom. I unfastened the seat belt and realized I had a horrible red welt where the belt had pulled tight across my chest. I got my phone from my handbag, my sis was out of the car by then, and as I brought it up to dial, my phone rang. It was my mom. I answered and immediately said "Mom, we were in an accident." She went ballistic, she was screaming on the other side of the phone. By now, I was standing outside of the car, but I was very shaky. I told her where we were and she said they were on their way.

At least no one fought, this was a freak accident. My parents were there less than 10 minutes after the call ended, even before the police arrived. Thankfully, no one was severely injured. My sister and I both had whiplash, seeing as how we were in the middle and absorbed the most impact. And my sister's car was a write off, almost R60 000 worth of damage.

After affidavits at the police station and hospital check-ups, we went home. I asked my mom why she called me that morning, and she said she had an overwhelming feeling that we needed her, badly. The feeling was prompted by Gran, who Tim said was basically screaming at my mom to pick up the phone and call. Charley was in the car with us. Tim said that both Charley and Gran were adamant that the boys should not be in the car, if they were, given that the impact to the rear was a lot worse than the front, they could have been hurt, or worse. Now there is no joking about it, I have two "early warning systems" in my life, and it would be a very good idea to listen.

January 9th 2010 - Another event that took place, where one of them saved one of us, happened when I told my husband at the time that I wanted him out of my house. Tim said Charley had shown him what he had planned, as I have mentioned in a previous story, he planned on killing me that day, even had the grave dug. On that specific day, my dad had made up his mind to stay away from the flat but when Charley realized what was going to happen, he just about pulled my dad to the flat. And when my dad got there and he heard the threat leaving my husband's lips (IF you think I'll just walk out and let you go on with your life, you have another thing coming. I'll kill you first.) Charlie prompted my dad to take the 2 sets of knives that I have, shove them into my arms, and shove me out of the door. I had, in my arms, the knives that would have been my death. Tim told me Charley even showed him where my grave site was picked out, he could take me there. I do not want to see that.

And on a very rare occasion, both of them saved me from myself.

September 2008 - When my little boy was in a coma, it got to a point where I felt like I could not handle the pressure anymore. I told my husband that I wanted to go somewhere high and just jump off. I have always considered myself a strong person, and I honestly thought that NOTHING would ever make me even consider something like that, let alone take a step like that. But I was watching my baby slowly die and it was the worst pain I have ever felt in my entire life. All logical thought left my over stressed brain. My husband panicked and went to get the hospital psychiatrist (funny if you consider he tried to kill me numerous times after that), and I decided I could jump off the heli pad, but I could not get up off of the chair I was sitting in. I tried to get up, but I was pinned to my chair. When I asked Tim about this, about which one of them was there, he said it was them both. Had I been clear headed enough, I would have felt strong hands on my shoulders, pushing me down. I would also have felt another set of hands on my ankles, and the weight of someone actually sitting on my lap. Gran was at my back, holding my shoulders, and Charley, being the big muscle man that he was, was sitting on top of me and holding my ankles.

I don't think words could ever express the gratitude that I feel, having them with us they way they are.

Other hauntings by triden07

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, triden07, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

taurus83 (4 stories) (84 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-25)
Triden07,
I really enjoyed your story. It reminded me of my Uncle who passed just about 18 years ago. Somehow hes always there to watch over me and tends to slow my husband down when he gets out of line (so to speak). Its great to hear of another person whom has experiences like I have had. 😊
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-03-21)
DelzLdy: If you click on the author's username, you'll go to their profile where all of their stories are listed. Might help everyone if y'all catch up by reading triden's other posts. 😊
DelzLdy (2 stories) (50 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-21)
Being new to this sight, I'm afraid I have no idea who you are referring to. As another commenter suggested, could you possibly define the entities you keep referring to?

I'm pretty sure "Gran" is your Grandmother? But, while reading your account, I thought Charlie was the husband you say tried to kill you. And Kiddo?

Also, while reading your account, I had no idea these 'people' were indeed spirits. I was only able to surmise this information from reading other's comments.

I apologize if this comes off as criticism - it's really just confusion.
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-11)
Hey guys

Thanks for all the nice words. I really feel blessed with what I am able to experience with them.
psychicmama (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-09)
Thanks for another great story. Your ex husband really scares me for you. I hope you don't see him very often.

Otherwise, thanks again! I always enjoy your stories and I'm jealous that you have contact with your ghosts daily! I'm sure I might too but just don't "get it" like you!:-)
bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-03-07)
ok fair enough... Sorry about that... I apologize... No harm done, I just didn't get the whole picture... Please carry on...
Belle-La-Vie (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-07)
Your posts are some of my favorite to read. Admittedly I was a little confused at first due to reading one of your middle stories and not knowing the background of your experiences. That being said, I was so intrigued that I went back and read all of them in one sitting! I admire that you want to share experiences that aren't based on fear, too many people share the assumption of ghost = terror. Great story! 😊
Argette (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-07)
You are welcome, Triden. I just thought maybe it would help newbies to YGS.
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-06)
Argette
Thank you for the constructive criticism. I will most definitely take it to heart.

The main reason I had for writing this is to atleast show, from my point of view, that not all ghostly encounters have to be fear and cold and terror.

Narella;Swimsinfire
In my case I have dealings with Gran and Charlie and Kiddo on a daily basis. They are always there. So I have the reassurance that, atleast on some level, I am always taken care of. But as I have been warned by my friend Tim, whilst they act as a warning, I am still human and not "bulletproof".
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-06)
Awesome! Relatives are always there aren't they. Nice to hear someone talk about them so in the present. Now I have to read your other ones.
Argette (guest)
+3
11 years ago (2013-03-06)
There is no doubt that those who love us are with us always, whether living or dead. I cannot tell you the many times a phone call, a thought, a visit or some other circumstance has prevented a small catastrophe from happening for me. Minor things, perhaps, but I still think someone was watching out for me.

One though, triden07, you might devise a sentence to use in all your accounts that introduces new readers to your situation. Something like,

"As many YGS readers know, most of my stories involved three ghosts named Charlie, Gran and Kiddo."

Don't be offended. It's just a way to keep everyone on the same page. You have a great writing style, and those of us who have read your past stories get it!
Narella (guest)
+2
11 years ago (2013-03-06)
I can relate to this story. Several months after my mother's death I was driving back to my home after visiting relatives. I heard my mother telling me to slow down. The second time I heard her I cut my speed down to about 15 mph. If I hadn't done that I would have hit two large deer that ran into the road. If I'd hit them it would have totaled the car. I know at the least I would have been badly hurt. I think our loved ones are often there to protect us. I'm so glad you weren't hurt.
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-06)
bizzjoe
Before you verbally bash someone for writing something VERY PERSONAL, take the time and, oh, I don't know, read their other stories. Because they all have the same background. 99% of my stories/experiences are about Charlie, Gran and Kiddo. Ghosts.
bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
-2
11 years ago (2013-03-06)
i have read your story and... Well... I really don't know what to say... I thought the name of this site was "Your Ghost Stories"...? Hang on a second & I'll check...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: