You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Victorian Girl

Real Ghost Stories

Victorian Girl

 

Short story for you guys here. I live in a small town in the west midlands and around my area its usually very quiet, not much happens, but there has been a few sightings of a Victorian girl which goes around a few of the houses and just plays around before vanishing (I've never seen her myself).

So anyways I must have been around 13 at the time. I do believe in ghosts and have always been interested in them and wanting to see one for myself. It was about 10pm and me and a new friend of mine who had just moved to the u.k from Portugal were playing around in my house one day when my brother came home with a few of his friends, and they had a Ouija board with them. They were planning on trying it out and they invited me and my new friend to join them... (my friend had never heard of the Victorian girl and didn't even believe in ghosts)

So we joined my brother and his friends. They got the Ouija board set up and we got down to trying the board out. We did the usual calling out to see if anyone was present with us. Nothing happened. We did this for around 10 minutes. Everyone in the room started getting bored when nothing was happening. We were just about to pack up when we started hearing knocking noises on the wall. No one was near the wall at the time, interested we carried on tempting the "spirit" or whatever was with us. We carried on asking whatever was with us to keep knocking the wall. The knocking must have carried on for around 30seconds then it just stopped. As soon as the knocking stopped my friend from Portugal shot straight up, he had gone completely white and no lie, he literally ran from the house and stood on the drive crying. I went outside to see what was the problem... In his words he said "while you guys were asking for the knocking to continue, in my head a Victorian girl was crying, then looked up and smiled at me then ran towards me and vanished". This shook me up. So I told him that a Victorian girl had been sighted on a few occasions around here.

Safe to say after that he never came round my house again. And since then the Victorian girl hasn't been sighted, its been 5 years since that happened...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mattfearn, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Isolde (guest)
+2
11 years ago (2013-03-10)
Hi,

Just my two cents on Ouija boards.

Ouija boards? Well, you have a nice paranormal-incidentfree life and for kicks start using one just to see what happens...

I'm not against Ouija boards per se (nor any kind of medium), but it is like driving a car without a license or safety belt: you might be fine, but the chance of you getting in trouble or hurt are very real.
If you know what you're doing and know what to do when things get problematic, than fine. If not, then please go and rent a good horror movie or tell/read creepy stories and get your scare from that.

Just my two cents.

Respectfully,

Isolde
scary_ritwik (2 stories) (34 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-10)
I will only say NEVER MESS with Ouija, use it with true respect. And the same applies with other mediums too... 😐
sammy6706 (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-09)
Hi! I have experienced strange things lately as well and also read a lot of other peoples experiences. I have noticed that maybe spirits find it very hard to communicate and have to do these sorts of things to make people realize that they are present. I don't think that this spirit is trying to be scary but is without realizing it. 😁
AussieRedDog (25 stories) (82 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-08)
LOL poor bugger. Should find out who the chick is and why she's haunting these places for

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: