You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: What Do I Do? I Think My House Is Haunted

Real Ghost Stories

What Do I Do? I Think My House Is Haunted

 

I really need your help and please comment below if you have any knowledge on what might be going on. I'll skip right to it then.

It was midday and I was home alone, this is when the first weird thing happened. I went for a pee before heading out to catch a movie with some friends when the mirror behind me began shaking from side to side. No windows were open, and I had certainly not touched it. It was as if someone had poked it and the mirror moved.

One night while playing video games, my little bro was hyper and sprinting from one side of the room to the other. I shouted at him to stop as he was annoying, and he did. We argued for at least 5 seconds. He was stood still and I was sitting opposite him, on my bed. Behind my bro, there's a wardrobe with a sheet over it. It flung open of its own accord. Leaving me and my brother stunned. The next morning I told my mother about it, and she asked if it was a gush of wind when my brother stopped sprinting. I knew this would be impossible as we were arguing for about five seconds, if there was any wind, it would have moved the curtain/sheet instantly. Also, it looked as if somebody lifted it up and dropped it.

Another night while playing video games (Again!) I was heading down stairs when I saw my hair was a mess in the mirror in front of me. I began patting it down when a black shadow moved behind me. I was cold down the back part of my whole body, but the front was fine. I was creeped out.

Lastly and more recently, I was on the toilet when I heard footsteps right next to me. I have laminate flooring in my bathroom and it was as if someone was walking barefoot across it, about two feet away from me.

The weirdest thing upon all of this is that I don't feel uncomfortable in my house and don't have a feeling of anyone else in my presence. I'm confused, and I believe the "hauntings" will continue.

Please comment on what the heck is going on. I need answers quickly!

Other hauntings by alexjones

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, alexjones, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

alexjones (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-05)
I'd like to respond to some of the comments left here, I am aware I have taken almost a year I believe and I do apologize!

I am 16 years old, and i'm quick to dismiss some theories about puberty. It's a fantastic thought, don't get me wrong but what has happened left me knowing someone else was within my presence.

I'll be posting a lot more from now on hopefully, keep in touch!
alexjones (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-01)
Thanks for the help guys, I have another 'story' on the way soon.
Cliney1212 (4 stories) (121 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-15)
Yes Rook thank you for putting it so eloquently that is exactly what I was trying to say... And thanks for two types of poltergeist explanation they (poltergeists) often leave me scratching my head... Btw please don't mind my asking but do you know what happened to javelina? I used to enjoy following her on this site I miss her... 😊
Puppeteer13 (131 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-12)
Though I wouldn't Immediately dismiss the theory's of my fellow posters who have often showed themselves to be sound thinkers such as rook, that you yourself may be causing these occurrences, The shadow in the mirror coupled with the cold you felt combined with it (which is a classic example of something sucking energy out of its surroundings to manifest) and the bare footprints on the bathroom floor, would suggest you may have a visitor.

Also I would thank rook for pointing out the puberty part though our opinions vastly differ as to how it is playing into events, You are at a sensitive time of life when your body is in upheaval and your energy fluctuating this much is true. Were as rooks theory is that you may be manifesting these effects yourself I believe that this influx of energy may have awakened or made stronger a dormant or less noticeable presence, within your house. I wouldn't leap to that your immediately in danger as this is just basic poltergeist activity, for the moment I would suggest that you research the history of the house or land to see if you can't put a face to these phantom footprints, and please keep us posted.

Good luck and gods bless and keep you,

Papa Coyote Thorn, The Puppeteer
HassaniSabbah (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-12)
Did you recently enter into a locaation where you felt another presence or something following you home, at some point did a relative have a baby recently. This could be a warning for what is to come or perhaps just a relative coming to visit, don't call any paranormal teams just yet until you really have to. If something happens again you should try going into your basement or attic and just sit there to see what feelings you get and if you hear anything strange. Don't summon any spirits or conduct a seance just yet though. Some general advice aswell, do not be afraid, it is easier said than done but... You must try. Take care.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-12)
Both Zack and Cliney have both made really good points, if all natural causes can be ruled out (as per Zacks comment) then as Cliney suggested the energy may be coming from you...

It states you are a teenager...13/14 years old? Your experiences may just be 'generated' by your body as it goes through Puberty... Poltergeist activity can come in two forms, a spirit has been attracted in by the energy your body generates as it goes through Puberty and the other is that the activity is an outburst of energy, psychokinetic energy, from your body as it goes through the changes of Puberty (I think this is what Cliney is speaking of).

Thanks for sharing and please ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook
VermontVampyre (2 stories) (64 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-11)
I'm not sure about most of the activity. However I must ask... Do you live near a railroad, and barring that, a road where tractor trailor trucks go by? I ask because I live in a place near both and my mirrors and stuff move when the train or a truck is going through.
Cliney1212 (4 stories) (121 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-11)
Alex...I wouldn't jump to calling in the ghostbusters just yet... I'm not sure but my first thoughts were that these occurrences are caused by you! I think it could be that you are outwardly projecting your energy and its causing these disturbances, some of the older and more experienced posters on here can probably articulate this better 😕 but I would start with a diary of occurrences and write down what you were doing beforehand I feel sure you'll see a pattern. 😊 good luck and keep us posted...
adoxiehaunting (2 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-03-11)
contact paronormal activity group, or prom. Www.paronormalresearchofmaryland.com
adoxiehaunting (2 posts)
-3
11 years ago (2013-03-11)
WOW. Who died there? Any murders? 😕 -------------- wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow mo
Zack84 (8 stories) (32 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-03-11)
First, it could be any number of things coming together to form a "haunting" and none of those things may be supernatural. The shaking mirror and opening wardrobe could be caused by ground subsidence where a structure is actually sinking very slowly. Too slowly to feel except in sudden spurts. The reflection of a shadow in your mirror could be caused by the change of light from outside such as from a passing car. Footsteps suggest more of a haunting presence, especially if they were near you with no other source in the room.

Only time will tell if this is a "haunting" or can be explained scientifically. I agree with rock, research the area for deaths, but also for things such as soft soil conditions or aquifers which might cause subsidence. If in time you are convinced it must be paranormal in nature, you need not feel uneasy. Many people are perfectly happy to make their home in "haunted houses" and never feel threatened or wary. My mother still lives in a very active house but it's not what I'd call a "scary place."
crf1997 (2 stories) (44 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-11)
How long have you been living in this house? If you've been living in it for a while, did these hauntings just start recently? If so that's odd. Maybe a ghost followed you home one night?
If you want to be sure, you should call some ghost hunters, lol, or like rockangel said, check up on the history of your house. But since you aren't that scared by it, before you call any ghost hunters, I'd just see if it stops first. These little happenings could just be coincedinces (or however you spell that)
And can be explained, but you never know I guess.
rockangel13 (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-11)
Just check the history of the house, and maybe even the land. Maybe someone died there? That's one of the most common reasons.

Rockangel13

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: