You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Figures

Real Ghost Stories

The Figures

 

I have always believed in spirits. A year ago I started seeing things out the corner of my eyes, but whenever I turned they would vanish. It looked like a black shadow, but I just shrugged it off. I kept feeling as if I was being watched. But there was never anyone there. One day I was walking home and was almost at my house, I walk along the road and then go to the front yard on the far side of the house just off the road. I felt like there was someone behind me so I turned around. I saw a black human looking figure behind me. I froze up but I was scared beyond belief. It didn't move to hurt me, but I felt like should run so I did. I didn't stop until I was in the house.

A day later I told my best friend, she knows a lot about spirits. She told me she had seen the same thing. A black human figure, standing by her in the woods behind our school. She told me there must be a reason we saw that. I didn't know what to think so I said maybe.

Over the next few days I could still see it out the corner of my eye. When I was sitting in the living room on my laptop I felt like I was being watched again and turned to look out the window. I saw the figure but it moved away quickly.

One day more recently something else happened. I was sitting in my room listening to music with my headphones on while reading a book. I felt like I was being watched so I looked up thinking it could be my mom or dad, because I had my headphones on I wouldn't have heard the door open or hear anyone knocking. But when I looked up I saw a pure white figure standing inches away from me. I was scared I didn't know what the white figure was and it was so close to me I could have reached out and touched it. Within a few seconds it disappeared.

Sometimes I still feel like I'm being watched but I try not to look. I'm not scared of seeing a spirit of a shadow figure but I need answers. I looked online almost no one knows what that white figure was. Some say they both were shadow people, others say the black figure was a demon and the white was a angel. I really need some help if anyone knows what they are or anything about the black human figure and the white figure please tell me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, xxxrockriotxx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

xxxrockriotxx (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-28)
Sorry to bring up this up again. But my same friend is sleeping over, so when I walked into the kitchen and looked outside there was a black figure with white on it's hands. I told my friend and asked her if she wanted to check since she is psychic, has been seeming spirits and doesn't get scared easy. She came back and told me she got a bad vibe and thinks something is there, however she was very worried.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-01)
April Fool's does get confusing around here lmao, not sure what you said either but it'll make sense tomorrow. 😆
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-04-01)
Wow, that is really hard to follow 😆 even for me and I know what I was trying to say 😆
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-04-01)
BJJ - I found it really funny when my *kids* (not sure if that's going to turn out right lol) ended up being the butt of the April Fool's joke, bit even funnier to see myself referred to as a clown 😉

You are right, though... Journals are a good thing and they save our sanity, don't they? Well, most of it anyway lol
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-01)
Mmkay, it sounds like there may have been enough excess energy in the environment that day to fuel an entity up. It was probably able to absorb enough energy to appear multiple times, and you two happened to be in the right place at the right time. Pretty cool.
One of the mods on here, Miracles, usually suggests keeping a journal of events and it's a really good idea. Write down any seemingly paranormal encounter, date, time, weather conditions, moon phase if you want, anything that may help you notice a pattern to the activity. It can help you pinpoint more likely times to experience something, it also can help debunk some experiences. It's just an all around fun way to track your experiences.
xxxrockriotxx (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-31)
That is funny. 😁

The weather was cloudy and a little breezy. My and my friend had been together earlier in the day, but I left to go home and she walked around in the woods. The woods she was in and my house aren't very close together. But my friend and I are like siblings, we are very close. She told me she was walking along a dirt path, it looked like no one really used the path. I was on the side of the road a few steps from my house, in the far side of the backyard on.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-31)
Too true, Val. SDS, if you are in any way embarrassed don't be. It's the internet, and we all know the old saying,
The internet, where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are federal agents.
Can't remember where I heard that, but it cracks me up. 😆 😆 😆
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-31)
No worries SDS lol. I've been called much worse than "he." 😆
OP, maybe it/they realized visual manifestations were making you uncomfortable. As to you and your friend seeing a figure on the same day, were you together when it happened? Where did it happen? Sorry about the questions, but I'm trying to get an idea of the circumstances the figure was seen in. Also if you can remember what the weather was like that day? In my experience, the weather seems to contribute to activity.
I think that sometimes an entity just manifests when it can, and doesn't much care who sees it. A pretty common theory is that ghosts have to draw energy from the environment in order to manifest or move things as they have very little energy of their own. I think some entities manifest whenever they can, whether anyone sees or not. There may or may not be any significance to seeing a manifestation. So, there may or may not be any significance to the two of you seeing the entity on the same day.
I wish I could tell you more than "maybes" and "in my opinions" but it's just the nature of paranormal activity. You can't test out theories in a lab and reach conclusive results about why this entity behaves this way and that other entity behaves that way. It's frustrating, because it's the nature of humans to want to know the why and how of everything. All we have are educated (hopefully) guesses.
I do wish I had better answers for you.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-03-31)
SDS... Do not feel bad. Going by only a nongender based nic, who cannot be confused? And many of the profiles do nothing to clear that question up. I did not mean to embarress you, and I get the impression I did. For that I am humbly sorry.
~Val
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-31)
Dear valkricry, I stand corrected. I am sorry BadJuuJuu. My mistake.

Regards and respects to both of you.

SDS
xxxrockriotxx (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-31)
I do still feel like that but I haven't seen them in a bit, what now confused me is that my and I both say the same shadow figure in the same day.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-03-31)
psssssssssssst SDS - BadJuuJuu is a she. 😉

I think if the spirits were still around you would 'feel' them, as you did before. Their curiosity might have been satisfied and they moved on.
xxxrockriotxx (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-31)
Hello, thank you for the information. Do you think these spirit/spirits could still be around me even if they don't not show themselves to me?
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-14)
Hello xxxrockriotxx, I totally agree with BadJuuJuu in this respect. Colour of an entity is not an indicator that it is negative or otherwise. And as he said the negative entities would have, by now, started showing its intentions quite clear.

I also feel that you are sensitive. But, you can acknowledge their presence and request them to respect your space, as BadJuuJuu advised. But better not be scared. Be courageous. I still feel that it is not a negative entity.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
11 years ago (2013-03-12)
I wouldn't put too much stock in the black figure being demonic and the white figure being angelic. I don't think an entity's color indicates it's character, but more likely indicates it's energy level. Black theoretically being an easier color to manipulate, a lower energy entity may appear black, while a higher energy entity may appear white. The same entity may appear white one day and black the next because of having different energy levels available to work with. So, both shapes you saw could be the same entity.
In my opinion, I don't believe you have anything to be afraid of. If it wanted to hurt you in any way, I think it would've attempted it by now since this has been happening for a year. Negative, harmful entities don't seem to be very patient and show their hand pretty quickly. It could be that this follower of yours is just curious about you. It could be that it wants you to acknowledge it's presence. If you're comfortable talking to it, by all means say hello. If, however, you are not comfortable interacting with it, then don't. If it bothers you by being there, it's perfectly ok to tell it to respect your space. More often than not, an entity will respect a request for it to give you some space.
BatCat101 (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-12)
I always feel as if I'm being watched too and yet I'm scared I still look I have not seen a full human figure but always a blob of blurry black.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: