You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My Ghost Encounters

Real Ghost Stories

My Ghost Encounters

 

When I was younger I was very scared by ghosts, I still am really. But I also was very interested in how they got to our world and if they were actually real or not.

One night I woke in a fright, I am not sure what caused me to wake but I just did. I was very feverish and I could hear every noise in the silent house. The creaking of the floorboards and what not, I was told that was just the house expanding after a hot day.

Anyway I awoke crying and sweating, as I looked above me a ladies face, outlines in red, was above me. She looked as if she was screaming at me. I just remember screaming and crying and later I was taken to the hospital because I felt so ill, every noise set me off, I was so frightened, as I sat in the car for my father to take me to the hospital, the car alarm set off by itself.

At the hospital I was told my whole body was icy cold and pale white.

The next few years passed and after my grandfather died I began to see him in my dreams, it seemed very real. I usually woke up with his face blurred next to me or a cold breeze above my face.

I have always been scared and jumpy of everything, I usually always feel cold breezes when I'm in bed, even if the windows closed which it always is, I sleep with the light on every night, I cannot go to sleep unless the cupboard is closed and my heavy blanket is on me, it makes me feel more protected.

I can face my back to my door because I'm scared someone is standing there. I have trouble closing my eyes without feelings like someone is going to hurt me. I've always seen shadows in my room when I sleep, mostly outlines.

In the middle of 2012 I began to see a man with a hat on at the end of my bed. And usually every Friday night when I'm home he comes. He never looks at me he just sits there. At first I was very scared but I'm not so frightened of him now, because he doesn't seem as if he will harm me. Sometimes I ask him to leave and usually he does.

A few nights ago I was at a friends, her mother is trying to sell her house, but a lot of things are going wrong, the house has been flooded, the electricity goes out all the time, they sometimes go days without having water and things seem to go missing.

Anyway that night I woke up for a very strange reason, I looked over at my friends side of the bed and saw a man with a red shirt on, he had grey hair and a round face. He was smiling at me, but it wasn't a very nice smile, very scary. I closed my eyes and opened them again, he was still there. He wasn't part of my dream and he had nothing to do with it.

I have no idea if what I see is real or if my imagination is just playing with me, but it really has me worried and I haven't been able to sleep properly for a couple of years.

If someone could help me it would be very appreciated.

I'm 16 years old, female, in Australia

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LucindaRalph, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-17)
I have read your story and the comments on here and I have to say that I agree with zetafornow. I totally agree about keep a journal with the dates and times because when you look back on it, you can determine what was paranormal and what could be described away with logic. This is good because when we are experiencing something that we don't understand, we can't think straight and we don't know what is real and or not.

Secondly, while I was reading your story, the first thought that kept coming back to me was insomnia. My mom has suffered from that and she had to get some treatment for it and now she is feeling better. My first suggest would be to go to your doctor and get a full physical done and make sure your are medically okay. Just because I'm telling you to check yourself medically first doesn't mean that I don't believe you. Like Zetafornow mentioned, you could have been hallucinating in your first incident because you had a such high fever. I'm no doctor but I know that sometimes our bodies go haywire on us and the chemical reaction could do weird things to us. It is better to get yourself medical checked out first and then we could deal with the paranormal.

Next is talking to your parents. Have you talked to your family about this and what do they have to say? I know being a teenage could be hard in itself but it could be harder when your parents don't believe you. If your parents don't believe you, do have someone you can trust that you can talk to like a teacher or a relative?
HassaniSabbah (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-16)
Thankyou for letting us know of your expiriences. First I would like to say that it is not totally rare to see strange images, most of the time they are just your brain forcing images into your eyes, their is so much that we don't understand about our brain. The human brain is the most complex thing in the totallaty of excistence when you think of that you can see how your brain could easily play tricks on you.
However I am not saying that you have never expirienced anything paranormal, if you have been visited by theese ghosts I would not fear them, from what I hear they are not malevolant or evil in any way just missunderstood. I know it is a lot easier said then done but you must cast away your fear even a little bit helps, the way I do it is I simply remember half of what makes me me is part of what ghosts are a soulless body but a soul none the less. Once upon a time ghosts have felt the same love you have felt and shared the bonds you share maybe they even still share such a bond...
devraj (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-15)
Totally agree with sds and zeta... Keep a journal and record all your sightings and happenings... It could be the only way to get to a conclusion
ashy (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-15)
Hey zeta,
Dont be scared of these experiences. If they were to harm you, they would had harm you any time. Just try to be strong and have faith in god. Keep bible underneath your pillow while you sleep, you will surely feel protected! This will boost up your confidence! Take care!
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-14)
Hi LucindaRalph, zeta has correctly summarized everything for you. But, still I would like to emphasize that you are sensitive to sighting or feeling paranormal. You said that you are seeing a man with a hat at the end of your bed on every Friday. I feel that it could be residual. I also would like to ask if you are living in the same house and having the experience even now? If so, I feel that it is residual. But try to maintain a journal of such activities. It could throw more light and would enable you to understand and differentiate between paranormal and rational activities. Secondly, it would also give insight into paranormal.

Have you investigated the present house you are staying. Did you ask if any one is having any experience or had experiences or encounters like sighting an entity or feeling the presence. If so, kindly post it.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
endangeredbutterfly99 (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-12)
i agree with zetafornow and if you do see them over again and if they look at you and study you most likely can indecate that they think you can't see them so tell them respectfully to go away
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+4
11 years ago (2013-03-12)
Hello: First off I would like to say that being on this site you will read many stories from well-respected individuals of this community and others and I would venture to guess that most of us do believe that ghosts are real. So that should answer your first paragraph however; what you choose to believe is of your own free will. Being merely sixteen-years-old, you may be easily influenced... I know I was at that age.

The first incident that you tell about could be explained by a high fever, if you had one. Many times with extremely high fevers one can "see things" or hallucinate if you will.

By the rest of your experiences it leads me to believe that you may be sensitive to paranormal and are able to see what many people wish not to. I like the fact that you have spoken to your Friday night visitor and he obliges by leaving the room. That is an important point to make. Many paranormal entities, ghosts if you will, are not here to harm us but merely inquisitive if you will. Also could be a lost loved one checking in on you. Many times they don't think that we can see them and many people don't or can't. An entity can feel fear from us if we so fear them so showing that you are in control is very important. Now, that does not apply to all entities of course but many of them.

Good luck to you... Start a journal and jot some experiences down...times, places, descriptions, how you were feeling at the time. Sometimes this helps when you look back at it.

Zeta.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: