You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Is She Really A Ghost?

Real Ghost Stories

Is She Really A Ghost?

 

This is actually an experience that a friend of mine had about five months ago, but he said it was fine for me to post it here, since he knows how much I browse this site.

When my friend--lets call him Rob--and I were in elementary school, he was a bully. He would pick on kids older, younger, and even in our age group. It was sad, really, to know that he was doing it for kicks, but back then, I did not know him, so I did not do much to stop his acting out. (And I was afraid of getting punched.)

There was this one little girl, she was like maybe two years younger than us, and I remember that everyone in our grade (3) thought she was mute because they heard teachers say she never spoke, ever. She was so quiet and always carried around a stuffed bear. I remember this because I thought she was cute; she was like a little toddler in a way. This poor girl was Rob's favorite target. Once, he shoved her lunch in her face and got the jelly all over her bear. Of course she cried, and Rob just slunk off to play outside while I just kind of ignored it. (I know, I'm a horrible human being.)

Well, Rob decided to grow up when he got in high school. He tried out for sports, went to camps, and we even became friends when he stopped some senior in HS from beating me up for failing his math test. The jerk had copied off me and just to spite him I put all the wrong answers. Ha. Anyway, just recently, we moved into a dorm and our bunkmate is a riot; we get along so well that it's scary!

Well, a few months after getting into the dorms, Rob started having weird dreams of being back in elementary school. I thought it was funny, but he seemed really freaked out by some of them. Finally, when our dorm was empty besides the two of us, I asked him to tell me what it was about. He said this: "I'm running towards this kid, but I don't know why, and she is crying. I want to help, but instead, I make her cry more. Messed up, right?" Actually, no. I told him later about how he used to bully that girl all the time. What seemed to freak him out the most was when I mentioned the stuffed bear. That got him a little nervous.

Soon, it was break-from-school time, and Rob was off playing basketball while I was on the bleachers acting as his little "fan base." When Rob walked over after he was let off the court, he looked towards the back door and SPLASH! His drink went all over me, the floor, and himself. I had been using my phone so I jumped up and asked him, politely, "What the heck was that for?" Rob shook his head and pointed to the doors. Nothing there.

"I swear I saw her--that girl with the teddy bear was looking at me." I knew it was impossible because she would be all grown up now, or at least in high school, but Rob was pretty convinced he saw her. All that week, he said he saw that same girl in the oddest places: the hallway stairs, the food court by the drink machine, the soccer field stands, and in a tree in the quad.

Then it got a little weird. Our dorm mate woke up in the middle of the night to pace around the room--as he often does--and he said that he heard a knock at the door. When he looked out no one was there, but he heard a little girl ask, "Can you tell him I'm sorry if I was bad?" For some reason he just nodded his head and went to sleep again. Not even thinking about how it was against the rules for kids, especially girls, to be on that side of the building.

In the morning, he told us what happened and we were floored; had the little girl thought she did something wrong? If so, what? Now Rob feels like a jerk, I am confused, and our dorm mate just kind of rolls with it. What do we do now? Rob still sees her, but now he says that she runs away when he looks at her.

Advice please?

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, owlsely, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-19)
I have only one other comment to make about this. You said he has a consious now, that he feels guilt and is regretful about his actions of when he was a kid. Did he recently come to these feelings on his own, or did he come to this because of his recent dteams? At the end you said he feels like a jerk because she asked if she did something wrong? I am going to be blunt, I apoligize before hand if you or him get offended for my next cimment.

I think he should realise the greif and negative feelings. He caused that girl by picking on her. If he is inly feeling like a jerk because she asked if she did something wrong... He should feel like a jerk for what he did to her, not because she asked that question.
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-19)
this story reminds me of another story that I read about a year ago. Not sure when it was printed. They have really nothing in common I don't think, this story and the other, but possibly or mabie this...

In the womans story she lost someone very close to her. She became pregnant shortly before hand. So she spent most of her time mourning her loss. She would stand over her sink and cry. When she moved out of her residence, and the next people moved in, she got wind that her old house was having a residual haunting of her standing over her sink mourning.

My point is, I think it is entirely possible for people to create hauntings because of grief, guilt ridden, or otherwise. I hope this makes sinse. I do agree with the other posters here. Rather is is alive or dead... He needs to apoligize. I was horribly bullied, just like that.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-19)
As a social worker, it does piss me off that your friend was a bully. Growing up, I was bullied because of my skin colour so it just irritates me like hell. Anyways, if your friend truly did change as you say he did then two things can be done:

(1) Like other posters here have mentioned counselling would be great to get over the guilty.

(2) If possible get in contract with his victims to apologize to them for treating them so badly.

As a believer in the paranormal, there is a possibility that it could be the spirit of the young girl who your friend bullied (or again it could be your friend's guilty conscious). If your friend truly believes that he is being haunted by the little girl. I suggest to first confirm that is she alive or dead. If she is dead, than do as Rook said in his post. If she is alive, go to her and apologize to her. And make it heartfelt.
Samion (13 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-15)
It occurs to me that there are two separate issues here - a potential haunting, and the fact that the sight/memory of this girl causes such a profound reaction in your friend. Keep investigating the haunting and I suggest following Rooks advice, both because Rook is good people and because let's face it, it's hardly an arduous or difficult task in burning the paper and writing the apology might be good for him. Otherwise, I suggest seeing the counselor anyway - the longer you leave unresolved guilt, the more destructive it gets
DelzLdy (2 stories) (50 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-15)
I would agree with all other commenters if it weren't for the fact your other roommate also had contact with the girl. My knowledge is obviously not as broad as others on this website; however, I cannot help but feel there is more to this than a guilt complex. Although, I think he does feel responsible for his offenses.

Possibly, this is a spirit who was also bullied in her life, and sensing "Rob's" past transgressions, is gravitating toward his guilt.
MJackson91 (2 stories) (11 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-15)
This is verry intresting...

About a year ago I was at the mall with my best friend at the time, we had came across a girl from school we both had known in about 3rd grade or so. We stoped and exchanged a few words and went about our shopping.
A few weeks latter me and the same friend were at a little get together and we told every body about seeing our class mate from elemintery school, just to find out the girl had passed in a car accedent about 8 months befor... But we just seen her the week befor last?... And we were positave it was her, we had a cassual conversation with her, I know we both arnt crazzy lol!... Wierd how things like that happen.
Great story,

MJackson91
zombie_killer_of_india (35 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-14)
My opinion is that you should go deep into the matter.
As you have written that she cried when rob had bullied her, it is obious she was alive until then, but as she didn't speak a word its weird.
curiousDevu (10 stories) (45 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-14)
That's terrible, I think maybe your friend feels really guilty. He may not even be aware of it on a conscious level but you never know what goes on in the subconscious mind. She maybe a ghost, looking to get even with him but I think that may not be the case. I suggest you try to go back to your school and ask around a bit about the girl with the teddy bear (cuteness). I hope she's alive, please post what you find.
Regards,
Devyani ❤
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-14)
Reading over this story made me sad and angry. Bullying happens still to this day and I don't think that will ever change. I have many personal experiences with it but anyway in regards to this tale... I agree with Rook on this one about Rob's conscience finally catching up with him. To bully a helpless little girl is just horrible, not to mention all the other bullying this a##hole did. I like the comment about him "growing up" by "trying out for sports". Ha... Probably was a bully on the court also. Anyway, sorry to come down so hard on this bully but I do believe that his ghostie is his conscience... We all do have one although some have a hard time finding theirs. I suggest as Rook did...counseling, apologizing to the girl if she is still around and all the others that he bullied, and maybe finding a career in some sort of anti-bullying crusade. Maybe he could speak to schools about it or something. If the little girl is haunting him, this may help make ammends.

Zeta.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-14)
Hello owlsely, I have the same opinion like others that the little girl Rob used to target had passed on. But friend, have you tried to inquire what happened to the little girl through some of your schoolmates. I think some might have had connections with this girl. So it is probably better to find. If she had passed on, you can definitely ask Rob to loudly apologise to her whenever she manifests herself to him. You can also follow Rook's advise to writing apology and burning the paper. That would definitely help him to do away with whatever he had done to the little girl.

If the girl is alive, then it is better that he should consult guilt-counselor. It is essential. Probably, they would hypnotize him and try to give him suggestions to come out of the guilt.

Keep us informed of the developments.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-14)
Your friend 'Rob' has been making changes... And a couple of things may be happening...

Either this 'poor girl' has actually passed away and her spirit has been attracted to 'Rob' and any feelings of guilt he is experiencing and he has to find a way to 'make amends' for his past misdeeds. This will 'appease' the 'little girl' and allow him to move on.

Or (more than likely)

Any (all) feelings of guilt that he has are manifesting as this 'little girl' and until he comes to terms with his past actions then these 'sightings' will continue.

If there is no way to find/get a hold of this 'girl' he may want to try Apologizing out loud to her... Then write down that Apology and then burn the paper its written on, while it burns he should Apologize out loud again and focus on this Apology finding its way to the correct individual.

Rob may want to seek 'guilt' counselling as well. Emotions are so hard to deal with and just having someone to talk to can make such a difference.

Again, it is my PERSONAL OPINION that this 'haunting' is more of a manifestation of Rob's guilt rather than a 'true spirit' haunting him.

Respectfully,

Rook
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-03-13)
Hmm perhaps this little girl has passed on since the earlier times she was bullied by your friend, she may be choosing to show herself that way to point out what she went through back then? Either way I think the real point is that your friend Rob acknowledges he was wrong to have done what he did and to ammend his ways, by doing this I think the presence of this little girl will perceive his changed ways and move on hopefully. Thanks for sharing.

Dan
rockangel13 (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-13)
Maybe she's a little girl who died somewhere near the school? Maybe she kept coming after Rob for some reason, the lunch shove? Maybe you can just ask Rob to ask her something, without looking her in the eye.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: