You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Bright Green Light

Real Ghost Stories

Bright Green Light

 

I need to start by being quite frank, not to be rude, but so that you can establish what kind of person I am. I am a scientist who is also an atheist. I search for the "truth" and logical explanations in things.

Having said this, I have always had a sensitivity to people around me, to their thoughts and feelings and the "energy" of places. Through a few experiences that have happened to me, I am wise enough to know that there is much that occurs in this world that we cannot explain. I say this up front as I am sure there are other such people out there who want to feel like they are not alone. One does not have to be religious to believe in the unknown. It has taken me some courage to post this but I really wanted to connect with people who would perhaps understand.

When I was 5 years old I lost my first tooth. I was so excited at the prospect of the "tooth fairy" coming that I could not sleep. It was a really hot summer night but I did not want to put my fan on in case the "tooth fairy" got sucked into the fan. I laugh now remembering it. By about midnight I drifted off to sleep and awoke again in the early morning, probably about 3am. The first thing I did was check the egg cup next to my bed where I had placed my tooth. To my sadness the tooth was still there. I got up and went into my 7 year old brother's room. He, for some reason, was awake too. Equally excited about the tooth fairy perhaps? I explained that she had not come yet, so he accompanied me back to my room and sat with me on my bed in the hope that we may see her.

We sat cross legged chatting when something caught my eye in the door way. I looked up and there, as clear as day, was the most beautiful bright florescent green light I have ever seen. To this day I have not seen a colour so beautiful. It was a small light, as if it had a centre point, with the light less dark toward the edges. It was round in shape and very small, a bit bigger than the size of a golf ball but very bright. It entered the room at quite a height, near to the top of the doorway, and was moving slowly, drifting lower as it moved across the room. I grabbed my brother's arm and pointed, he turned and gasped. We then turned back to each other. We had both been told many times that the tooth fairy would not come if we saw her (a tale spun by our parents so we would sleep). So, in an action I regret to this day, I said, "Let's cover our eyes so we don't scare her" and that's what we did. Both my brother and I stopped looking at the light that was moving toward us. When I opened my eyes again the light was gone. I have never seen it since.

I am not for a second suggesting this was a fairy, although my childhood self believed this for many years. But I do KNOW that this was not something I imagined. My brother and I have never spoken about that day since it happened (I'm not sure why), and I have carried the memory with me ever since. I did not feel threatened or scared by it, only joy and excitement. To this day, whenever I feel nervous in a place, I think of that light and how lucky I was to see it, whatever "it" was.

The reason for my post after all these years (I am now in my late 20's) is that since then, I have experienced a few things I could not explain through logic or science and I have, for some reason, been drawn closer to this memory. I just wanted to know if anyone knew what it may have been? Or if anyone else has experienced or heard of such a thing? I have searched your site and have only seen green lights mentioned once, and not in this manner. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

N

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, NCS, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

angel_lily (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-24)
Hi there, just last night I saw a beautiful bright green ball of light very close to me as I was in bed with the lights off. It was a bit larger than the size of a baseball and very glowing. The lights had been off for more than 10 minutes so I know it wasn't from staring at a light bulg, and I hadn't been doing this anyway. I have seen little flecks of purple and white light since Well, always I think. I thought it was quite normal until I talked to a couple of other people about it. More recently I have seen vidid spots of varying shades of purple lights, both in the light and the dark. This is the first I have ever seen green. And only the second time I've seen such a large ball of light (it was very vidid purple before, around mtpy hand, in the dark). I'd say I'm a pretty balanced person, I have a scientific nature and believe in logic, but I also believe in god and spirituality. Over the last couple of years I have had several separate occasions whereupon people I have just met have told me thast I am from the fairy world (I guess reincarnated fairy?), and these are people that have not known each other. Its happened 3 times, quite a coincidence. A little interesting to wrap my head around, but a very fascinating idea. I have always felt a strong attraction to the idea of angels, and often have people tell me I look angelic/fairy like, which is probably not pertinent. However, I explained to one person (of whom told me I was from the fairy world () about the lights I see, and she saidit is the fairies trying to communicate with me and trying to connect with me. And I find that comforting. It all could just be a problem with my eyes, but I've never been diagnosed with anything unusual, and I would like to think it is my fairy family trying to connect with me. Anyhow, we hen I saw you had written about the light experience happening when you were waiting for a fairy, it really made me think. I would certainly like to think that there is more to life than meets the eye. I find the more I try to keep in touch with my spiritual nature, the more I experience the lights. I hope typo learn more about seeing green lights as this was a first experience for me. To this day, seeing lights has always Bern a comforting, pleasant experience. I hope relating my encounters helps somehow.:)
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-18)
NCS,

There are some 'natural' explanations that have not been mentioned... Ball Lightning and/or a Plasma Ball.

Neither has to be big and with the excited energy levels that a 5 and 7 year old can generate perhaps this added enough 'energy' to the environment that one of these was generated... Of course both you and your brother both thought it was the 'tooth fairy' because you were both hoping/expecting to see just that.

I say the above as an individual who believes in Fairies and 'The Fay'. I just cannot, in good conscious, say this was a paranormal experience because every time we approach an experience, any experience, we have to consider EVERY natural phenomenon and rule them out before the Paranormal can be considered.

Respectfully,

Rook
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-17)
As I was reading your story, three thoughts came to mind and two of them have been mentioned here.

The first thought was an Orb. There is a lot of debate on this topic because a lot of people don't believe it's associated with the paranormal because many times you can't see it with your naked eyes and many of them are seen though pictures. With photographs, you can always blame it on dust partials in the air when the pictures are taken. But in this case, you have seen it with your own eyes and you had your brother there as prove. As for the colours mentioned Eixellen, colours have different meaning to everyone, but I'm going to agree with her in this case that what you saw was friendly because if the light green colour and how you felt in its presence.

My second thought was mentioned by BadJuuJuu. As you were young and you truly wanted to believe that there was a tooth fairy, you believe brought it to life and only had enough energy to manifest itself as a golf ball sized green light. I think at the back of your mind, you expected to see it and because of that it didn't scare you.

For my third thought, I know you are not going to agree with me but I would like to mention it. My thought was that it was your guardian angel. I think it was one of those rare time, s/he decided to show itself to you and your brother and only had presented itself as a green light to make you feel safe and not scared. I know you mentioned that you are an atheist and you don't believe in these things but just hear me out. Personally, I think every person would like to believe that we are protected in someway and sometimes it could be by something that we can't see with our naked eyes and explained away with science and logic. Wouldn't it be a better place if we could do that? You mentioned in your story that when you feel nervous and in a bad place that you think about this incident to make you feel better. I'm not trying to twist your words (and I'm sorry if I am) but isn't this a type of guidance and protection from an unexplained source?
NCS (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-16)
Hi everyone, thank you so much for your in put.

Crionna, just to clarify, I am Athiest though not because I think religion is for the weak. Some of my closest and strongest friends are religious. I too considered myself Wiccan for a time, a beautiful religion I must say. Thank you for your in put. I have never heard of the Astral Plane and shall now read up on it.

BadJuuJuu, I actually don't think it's that crack pot of a theory and I'm glad to hear someone else has thought of it other than me lol I really did believed in the tooth fairy.

Elixellen, thanks for the suggestion. I did not know different coloured orbs represented different things

It looks like I may have to reconsider my belief in fairies!
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-16)
MidnightHuntress: I understand you're new here so I'll go easy on you 😊. The comments threads are for comments that pertain to the particular story, not to post your stories. The submissions page will reopen on Monday when you're more than welcome to submit your story at that time. In the meantime, you can write it out using Word, making sure all punctuation, capitalization and grammar are correct. Then all you have to do is copy/paste. Sorry, but you have to wait like the rest of us! 😆 One more note: Please submit your story only once.

Thank you for understanding!
MidnightHuntress (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-16)
Hi, I am new to this website but have been reading it for a few months now. The submissions are closed right no so I am just going to post a few things here and they are not that long anyway. Around 1 am I see a dark figure in the corner of my eye, (I stay up late sometimes).

Last year around July I was doing something (dont remember what) but I turned around and saw what I assume is a demon. He was all black, naked (but no genitals like a doll) emaciated and did not have any mouth or nose, just empty eye sockets. I stood there shocked and eventually it walked away. I would say it was 5'1ft, I am 5'5ft. I am sorry if my writing isn't very specific or well written but I have not written in a long time (I used to be a blogger believe it or not).

~Britney Huntress~ Fb at Britney Huntress
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
11 years ago (2013-03-15)
Crackpot theory, maybe the light was a manifestation of your belief. You fully believed the Tooth Fairy was real, you fully believed she would visit, so your belief took a visible form and became real. Temporarily anyway. Just a thought.
crf1997 (2 stories) (44 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-15)
Did the light leave money for the tooth? LOL. That would be awesome. But anyway, you are so lucky! It probably was a fairy, it had to be, because your brother saw it too, so you weren't hallucinating. Or even like Elixellen said, it could of been and orb. But whatever it was, that's an awesome experience and thanks for sharing!:)
Crionna (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-15)
Thank you for sharing you'r story. I believe you did, in fact, see a Fairy. Now, this is not just because I am Wiccan, but maney people have encountered these beautiful creatures. They are from a place known as the Astral Plane; a place explored by scientists and other religions through Astral Projection.

Now, I know what your thinking, for I was once Atheist and had a very religion-is-for-the-weak-minded attitude, but bare with me. Fey aren't the only Nature Spirits out there, but I won't get into that.

Bottem line; Fairies aren't Wiccan's and their Jesus is a Jew. Believe what makes you feel right. I hope my comment helped you in some way.
Elixellen (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-15)
I'd could have possibly been an orb. Which means it if it was a light green color, it was friendly a dark green color means it isn't friendly.😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: