You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Grandfather's Last?

Real Ghost Stories

My Grandfather's Last?

 

My first story is a personal paranormal experience; one that I could never forget for the rest of my life. My grandfather loved us all 11 grandchildren from my mother's side but many argue that I was the more favoured apo (grandchild). I was 8 years old when my grandfather was diagnosed with cancer. He was a simple man, yet was very artistic and devoted to the Catholic Church. He was a very loyal devotee of the Blessed Virgin Mary. During the years that he fought with cancer, our family was accustomed to visiting my grandparents' house every day for three years until my grandfather passed.

I remember every detail of that afternoon. My mom (a doctor) was yelling over the phone because my grandfather's oxygen tank had been empty for almost 2 hours and still the replacement tank has not been delivered. I was playing on the dining table with scissors while my grandmother was in the kitchen doing the dishes. The table was near my grandfather's bed and when he saw me playing with the scissors he scolded me with his last words "toto, be good". That was cue for me to leave the house and rejoin my sister and my cousin who were talking outside. Just as I was outside the door I heard my mother screamed and my grandmother was crying. My sister, I, and my cousin rushed inside and instantly started crying beside our grandfather's bed. It must've been almost an hour that we just kept crying and not leaving the side of the deathbed when I, situated from the back of everyone, fell asleep.

I slept and dreamed of an empty room. Everything was white that I couldn't say if it was indeed a room since no walls were distinguishable. In the middle of that white space stood a healthier version of my grandfather, looking for a door or a passage that he could go through but there were none. Moments later three (3) men dressed handsomely in coats appeared at the back and started waving my grandfather toward them. My grandfather rejected their offer and was starting to look anxious to leave. And I saw the three men's handsome form changed into horrible beasts with torn wings and claws and very angry faces. Right then a stairway appeared in front of my grandfather and I watched him ran not looking back on the deformed men behind him, he ran sets of stairs then upon approaching the last steps a door opened and shone a blinding light at every direction which made the monsters disappear. After the blinding light stood the silhouette of the Virgin Mary carrying a baby stood in the open door.

My grandfather smiled and entered just as I awoke and everybody, including myself, realized that I was sleeping on the floor. I told them every detail of my dream and we continued mourning our loss.

During my grandfather's wake which was in my grandparent's house, they put the coffin in one of the empty unit of the apartment. My grandmother called out her three daughters (my mom included) and two daughters-in-law on a forum. She ordered us (grandchildren) to leave the room while they have a talk. I was still as mischievous as ever so I hid myself beside the door to eavesdrop. My grandmother then relayed a story told by my grandfather nights before he died.

One night, my grandfather was visited by three men very formal-looking and they asked my grandfather to come with them but my grandfather rejected their offer. Then he said that these three men instantly became demonic in appearance and started dragging him. They only disappeared when the Virgin Mary appeared and shooed them off. My grandmother also said that my grandfather woke up angry with the Virgin Mary because he was calling out to Her and begging Her to take him but She ignored my grandfather and disappeared. My grandmother relayed this story to them and quoting, "what toto saw in his dreams was his lolo telling us all, that he has been reunited with the Virgin Mary". To this day nobody knew that I had overheard them that night at the wake. That night I also learned that my aunt (my mom's youngest sister) was a palm-reader and a very good one as I've come to learn. She said that it's common that third eye or sixth sense run in the family and was surprised that mine was in the form of dreams.

My grandfather died August of year 2000 and his birthday was December 25. When he was still with us, we were accustomed to gather during Christmas day for a family reunion. On December of the year 2000, our family (my parents with my sister and I) went to my grandparents' house as was customary every Christmas day. It was the first Christmas that my lolo (grandfather) wasn't with us anymore yet everyone in the family tried to make it as happy as possible for my grandmother.

Before my lolo died he loved calling people over the telephone so much that I don't think he ever had time for anything else. While we were celebrating Christmas at their house on year 2000, we left our house, which was miles away, with our housekeepers and my nanny (who's been with us since I was 3y.o.). Apparently, the telephone at our own house rang at about the time we were having lunch at my grandparents' and my nanny answered it. She then burst into tears when she swore she heard my lolo's voice greeting her, a Merry Christmas and asking her to join us for lunch. She was much shaken and was comforted by our housekeepers when we arrived later that day. She relayed the story to us and I couldn't help but smile to the thought that my grandfather still does what he loves to do best.

I am now 22 years old and currently studying medicine in one of the oldest universities in the Iloilo City. Hopefully, I would be able to find more time to share more of my paranormal experiences. Thank you for reading.

Other hauntings by spookyonfire

 

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, spookyonfire, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ErrychMyName (3 stories) (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-06)
I love your story. I'm sorry for your loss. I rememberred my grandpa, he also had his own goodbyes to me as I was the favorite apo. Anyways, hope you have a blessed day.
Wolfchild (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-08)
My Grampy died 2 weeks ago. It has been hard for us all. Its sad because we lived in different countries and since he had short memory loss, he didn't remember me. But my nanny peg that has lived in her house for 67 years has said that since he had died, things have flown off shelves and I remember her telling me that he loved a good cup of tea in the morning. And everyday since he had died, a cup of tea appears on his side of the bed. I am so sorry for your loss and thank you for sharing your story.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-03-21)
A heartwarming account, and I thank you for sharing it.
~Val
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-21)
Sorry, I actually cried for your story. I lost my grandmother to stroke of August, 1999. It was really hard for everyone, especially me because we were really close. So, I totally understand where you are coming from. I think your grandfather chose you to have the dream because not only were you his favourite but I think because you could handle the situation better.
spookyonfire (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-20)
[at] chelseylobo thank you for your post. I agree that loved ones are always with us.
Keep safe.
chelseylobo (4 stories) (26 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-20)
Thank you for sharing your story.

Its great that you have the power of sixth sense.
They say loved ones are always by your side...
Regards

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: