You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Awful and Long Weekend

Real Ghost Stories

Awful and Long Weekend

 

Let me start up by briefly explaining the background. My mom's a singer and she often has to travel out of town (we live in Tijuana, Mexico). During last summer, her band was hired by a resort near the beach and they would perform almost the whole week day and night. The owner (which is also the mayor of that city now) knew the band was not from Rosarito Beach and he offered them a house to stay for the summer so they wouldn't have to return everyday to Tijuana (about 40 minutes away). This house is located at a beach community called 'Rosarito Shores' and since there was an extra room available, my mom said we could spend our summer weekends with her.

I thought I was going to have a great time, being the house near the beach and all that... But it never happened. The first night, a loud knocking woke me up and I soon realized it was coming from the kitchen. My brother was sleeping next to me so I assumed my mom was back and I went over there to greet her, I freaked out when nobody was home but the knocking was still there!

I tried to find an explanation but we didn't share walls with the neighbors and I clearly heard as if someone had moved a chair from the dining room! That creeped the heck out of me and I rushed back to the room where my brother was still sleeping. As soon as my mom was home I told her what happened but she didn't believe me and I had to stay there for the whole weekend listening knocks, chairs moving and sometimes I heard whispers outside the room.

Even in broad daylight I heard a dish crushing on the floor just behind me. That killed my naive idea that ghosts and paranormal events could only happen at night.

Needless to say, I did not step a foot on that house again and spent a relaxed summer at my aunt's. The beach community is still there, and you can catch a strange vibe even if you're only driving by because a lot of its previous occupants were elderly people who, according to maintenance staff, died in their houses. I suppose death did not keep them from hanging out at their old place.

Other hauntings by Hawkgirl

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Hawkgirl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Saheed10 (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-24)
Hola! Yo vivo en Tijuana, tambien me han pasado cosas de esa manera!
CarlaG (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-24)
Wow, crazy.

I've been in that area before.
As a matter of fact, my parents are building
A house in Rosarito. Small world.
Hawkgirl (6 stories) (55 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-22)
I hope so, Athena! Though I wouldn't know how to react if it happened to my kids, you know, since I don't have any at my tender age of 21 😆
But thanks for your comment 😁
And Shane, the place has changed big time. Unfortunately, it has been transformed to reach materialistic purposes. Even that Donald Trumph guy is building there! Shame.
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-22)
I love your handle-Hawke Girl! Ok, I know your mom didn't understand or chose to disbelieve you, but if anything like this happens again or to your kids I bet you'll know how to react!
Abby (710 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-22)
Dear Hawkgirl,

I can see how that would have been an awful and "very" long week-end with uninvited, noisy and obnoxious guests. Perhaps, you can do some personal, investigative research for yourself, on how to stop or lessen the discomfort caused by those type of uninvited guests. In my opinion, the more self-empowered you are and draw your own boundaries, the less uninvited guests alive or dead will bother you or make your long week-end an awful one. --Abby
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-22)
Thank you for sharing your experience with us Hawkgirl. I know of the area in which your story took place. I was there a very long time ago. I am sure much has changed since then.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: