You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Childhood Hauntings

Real Ghost Stories

Childhood Hauntings

 

As a child, and preteen I have experienced many weird happenings.

The first experience I remember is when I was between the ages of 5-7 years old. I was at my Grand Parents house to sleep, and it was in the morning after I had woken up. I was brushing my teeth in the bathroom, and went outside to look into the door way of my bedroom. I saw a red figure jump out from behind a cupboard which was fairly near the doorway of my room. It had red skin with darker spots and jumped out, and immediately disappeared. Being a typical child, I was extremely frightened and ran downstairs.

Moving on to when I was about 11. When I used to go to sleep, and was semi-awake, I used to clearly feel someone stroking my hair. It wasn't my mum (I only live with my mum) as I looked around and no one was there. When I would look, the stroking sensation would stop.

Throughout the years, I have also seen orbs, and tiny balls or dots of light which sometimes disappear when I actually fully focus on them. Sometimes, I see shadows or black figures out of the corner of my eye. I am also very sensitive to sound and sometimes hear very high-pitched noises which fade. I'm not sure if 'this sensitivity' runs through the family, although I have asked my mum if she had had any experiences. The only thing she told me was that my great great aunt's brother died at sea and never had a proper burial. Whenever she visited my great great aunt's house, weird things would happen. For example, once when she was in bed, something flew from a vent across the bedroom into a mirror above her head. This left the mirror swinging violently. Also, things would move and gates would open and close.

I just wondered if anyone had had any similar experiences and whether they maybe knew what was happening! Your advice would be much appreciated!

Thank you!,

Alex

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AlexAvidity, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

paigeyboo (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-24)
Hello there, I have had some experiences also to do with mirrors at my younger age and since then I never really hang mirrors up in my house anymore only in the bathroom. I to would like to know what it is.
😕
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-21)
Alex,

Hello and welcome... Seems you've had a wide range of experiences and there is a chance you are sensitive to the spirit realm... You must remember to rule out the normal/natural causes before considering the Paranormal... I mention this because one of the things you mentioned, this statement...

"...and sometimes hear very high-pitched noises which fade."

There is a condition called Tinnitus... Here is a definition...

Tinnitus; (from the Latin word tinntus meaning "ringing") is the perception of sound within the human ear not including the perception of sound outside the ear.

It can be an indication of other medical conditions and you should ask your Doctor about it.

Please ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-21)
Dear AlexAvidity,

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us.
Since I am just a novice, I would request the experienced members to come to your assistance. Rest assured, we shall surely try to help you if you deem it necessary.

Regards

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: