You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My Son Is Haunted

Real Ghost Stories

My Son Is Haunted

 

I'm a first-time user of this sight, so please excuse any faux pas I may accidentally fumble into. I've had almost too many strange experiences in my life to list them all, but would like to tell you of the one involving my son.

When I was first married - the first time - my now ex-husband and I lived in a small, one-bedroom apartment in West Sacramento (right across the river from Sacramento, CA). One evening when I was by myself, I heard what sounded like someone walking across the living room floor not 10 feet in front of where I sat on the couch. You older-timers like myself might remember that horrible green shag carpet popular during the 70's. And padding? You've got to be kidding. This carpet was so old, it was more like walking directly on concrete. But, this sound I heard was the very distinctive crunch-type sound of someone walking on NEW carpet with NEW padding that had not yet been smashed down to nothing from repeated walking. (I hope you can understand what I'm trying to describe.)

Another time when I was again alone (everything always seemed to happened when I was alone), I heard what could only be described as maniacal laughter in that room as well. It sounded like something you would hear in a circus haunted house; too unreal to be real. Weird, I know. But I digress.

We were still living in the same apartment when my son (we'll call him Nathan) was born. One morning I was in the bedroom (directly off the living room) getting ready to take "Nathan" for a well-baby appointment. He was asleep in his bassinet in the living room (the bedroom was too small for his bassinet). I again heard the same footsteps coming from the living room. Needless to say, even scared to death, I raced into the living room and snatched up my baby.

You may think these sounds could have been coming from an adjoining apartment or from the apartment upstairs. But the location of the 'walking' was closest to the wall separating the bedroom and living room, and the upstairs apartment was unoccupied.

We moved from that apartment when "Nathan" was about 3 months old; however, "events" followed. "Nathan" started waking in the mornings and from his naps with bite marks on different parts of his body! And this didn't happen only at home. They also appeared when we were visiting other people's homes, and when my now ex and I were not even present, etc. The marks were about the size of a quarter (approximately 1" in diameter), and perfectly round. They were on his legs, arms and once in the middle of his back! Thinking back on it now, I have no idea why I wasn't more disturbed. I guess I thought he was doing it himself? I really just don't remember; it was just too many years ago.

One evening he woke with a bite on the bottom of his tiny little foot, and it was swollen. This finally scared me enough and we took him to the doctor. The doctor immediately said we had to get rid of our dog or he, the doctor, would call Child Protective Services. The next day my now ex took our precious dog to the SCPA and she was destroyed. I cried and cried.

However, the bites did not stop. I'd always known it wasn't our dog because these marks were perfectly round, not oblong like a dog's bite; and the teeth marks were small like a child's, not like a dog. But, no more trips to the doctor!

You may ask if I considered the possibly "Nathan's" father was biting him? The size of the marks and the fact his father was often not there when they appeared, quickly negated his involvement.

Finally, I guess I'd had enough - and feeling extremely brave, I might add. I woke in the middle of the night for some reason, went to my son's bedroom doorway and said: "In the name of Jesus Christ, Satan either leave this home or stand before me." Needless to say, nothing happened (i.e., Satan did not appear), though I was quaking in my boots. But the bites seemed to stop.

However, "Nathan," now in his 30's, recently confessed he still occasionally wakes with bites on various parts of his body! I wish I knew how to release whatever evil spirit has attached itself to him. He has never had an easy or restful life, and I can't help but believe this same entity is responsible.

Other hauntings by DelzLdy

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DelzLdy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Caz (342 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-28)
No! I think you should suggest that your son see a Dermatologist!
DelzLdy (2 stories) (50 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-26)
Caz - Thank you for the reminder. I believe what I was trying to refer to in my accounting was the difference between a dog's bit and a human's bite. The marks on my son were definitely more of a round-ish nature than of the oblong shape associated with a dog. When Valkricry asked for their shape, I was trying to remember EXACTLY, and I'm afraid I just can't. Generalities, yes; absolutes, no.

I get the impression you do not believe my report, and you are welcome to your opinion. But, I'm not sure why you refer to this as 'sad'? Could you please elaborate?
Caz (342 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-26)
Funny...You seemed certain enough when you wrote this... (Quote) I'd always known it wasn't our dog because these marks were perfectly round, not oblong like a dog's bite; and the teeth marks were small like a child's, not like a dog. (Unquote) I'm staying with my original gut feeling on this one, but there won't be any party, as there's no cause for celebration here. In fact, I find the whole thing rather sad!
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-03-25)
It's ok,Delzlady. You can't recall, then you can't recall.
DelzLdy (2 stories) (50 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-25)
valkricry - I'm trying very hard to remember, but it has just been too long. All I do know is they look (ed) exactly as if my son had been bit - the individual teeth marks were distinct and well-defined. I'm going to say more round as opposed to oblong, but I could be wrong. I'm sorry, but too many years have passed under my belt.

Thanks for the idea of bells. Those will be much easier to find;-)
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-03-25)
Delzlady,
Please clear up something for me. Are the bites perfectly round or more like football shaped? A tiny bit oval-ish? I know it sounds trivial, but might be a large clue.
Since you are having difficulties with iron, I thought I would pass this on, according to legend bells will also repell fairies and other spirits. Cow bells are said to be very good as well as windchimes. Worth a try.
DelzLdy (2 stories) (50 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-25)
Thank you for your understanding Zetafornow. I'm sure if this were to happen now, I would react much differently. You know what they say about hind-sight. My trust in Doctors as a whole has decreased significantly, and my knowledge of the supernatural/paranormal has increased.

I have not thought of our little dog Brandy in quite a while, but she was such a sweet thing and would never have bitten anyone, let alone my infant son. I would like to hope her spirit has found a new life in a new being, and that she is getting the treatment she deserves.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-25)
DelzLady:
Thank you for coming back and explaining the situation more. I do think that maybe we were coming down on you a little hard about euthanizing your dog. I am sure that was very hard on you but I do agree, the baby would definitely come first. And if you were a young mother and were told by a respected doctor... Well I totally understand now. I, for one, apologize and I hope the situation is better for you and your son now.

Best wishes, zeta.
DelzLdy (2 stories) (50 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-03-25)
I see many of you are concerned w/the idea we had the dog destroyed (and yes, that would be the ASPCA - please excuse my spelling). In my defense: First, I was a very young mother w/an injured baby. Second, a doctor, who at that age I considered beyond question, was threatening to take my child from me (thru CPS), if we didn't get rid of our dog. Third, the doctor said get rid of the dog - immediately. I did not think of trying to find a friend (w/o any children), we were in panic mode at that point. Fourth, we lived in an apartment; thus, no yard/garage.

Alandhopewell - These marks in no way look like cigarette burns, or any other lesions. If you were to 'bite' your arm; this is EXACTLY what the marks look like - only much smaller.

Valkricry, Curbon - The doctor worked for Kaiser. Quack? It sure wouldn't be the first time. However, because we had taken our son in through Emergency, the doctor really didn't take or have much time to assess the situation. He probably saw bite mark, young parents, young parents w/dog - conclusion: dog bite. Of course, I'm only speculating after 35 years of hind-site.

Huendchen - I'm not sure where you are from, but in my area CPS considers you guilty until proven innocent. And good luck changing their conclusion.

BadJuuJuu, Caz - You may doubt my claims all you wish; even throw a "blanket party" (I hope you have a wonderful time). However, your 'party,' and/or opinion, in no way change what I lived through, and what my son is still experiencing from time to time. I don't need your acceptance or approval to validate what I know to be true.

Update: I did sprinkle all entryways w/salt this weekend, but did not have any iron to place over doorways and windows. I'm hoping the salt works. As I said before, our son is only living w/us temporarily and we have no control over his living conditions when he leaves.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-24)
I think this is a very sad story especially having the dog euthanized without fully understanding what was going on. I mean, you could have put the dog in the garage, outside, had a friend take care of it, until further understanding of where the bites were coming from. I know that is not the focal point of the story or is it the reason you are searching for help but for me it is hard to look beyond that. Hope things are better now.

Zeta.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-24)
The more I think about this story, the more pissed I get.
Why would a concerned parent take a child to one doctor who obviously doesn't know his butt from a hole in the ground, and then not seek a second opinion from a competent doctor? In that situation, my first priority would be to find another doctor.
Also, you took your dog to the SCPA? Would that be the School for Creative & Performing Arts, or the Southern California Percussion Alliance? I don't think either organization does euthanasia. Misspelling of ASPCA? They only perform euthanasia on extreme cases, ie animal is sick or unadoptable. I don't buy it.
After spending more time thinking about this than I care to admit, I call bs.
Caz (342 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-24)
Huendchen...Not only do I totally agree with you, but I find this whole story incredible! It's just as well I'm not in charge of the 'blankie'!
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-24)
I think what bothers me most are the bite marks being 'perfectly' round and not oblong. An animal bite is distiguishable from a human bite at a glance. But due to how the mandible is attached all teeth bites are oval-ish in shape. Ergo it is not a 'normal' bite. That a doctor would mistake it for a dog bite says 'quack'. Really odd.
huendchen (49 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-24)
I can't believe you destroyed an innocent dog as soon as some doctor told you to, without further investigation. That just makes me sick. How would he have even known if you did get rid of the dog? And so what if he called CPS - you could have sorted out with them that the "bites" were not caused by a dog. Shame on you.
Curbon (1 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-23)
If these marks were only the size of a quarter, how could a doctor possibly think they were dog bites? This part of the story alone makes me skeptical.
alandhopewell (28 stories) (145 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-23)
I'm going to agree with Rook... I have a skin condition, which consists of lesions that appear on my skin, particularly my arms and legs. They are not contagious, and generally take the form of raised, reddish patches about the size of a cigarette burn-indeed, they've been mistaken for such.

My point is, from the time I was five, until now, no one has been able to tell me what they are, where they come from, or how to get rid of them; I've heard every explanation from malnutrition to lack of personal hygene to parental abuse, i.e. The cigarette burns.

This just might be physical, as far as the marks.
DelzLdy (2 stories) (50 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-22)
Unfortunately, the ability to see any results in any kind of a timely manner is not possible as the bites do not occur w/any regularity, as they did when he was an infant. According to my son, they only occur every once in a while.

Psychicmama - Yes, they are tender to the touch, but not overly so. In other words, they do not in any way affect his ability to function.

Rook and Skeptic - I completely understand the necessity to rule out anything natural that could be causing these marks. I have ruled out allergies/rashes. However, I do not know how to rule out bug bites (I never thought of that possibility) except I think it would a bit of a coincidence for him to be having the same reaction over 35 years while living in several different locations - i.e., different living accommodations, same bugs/reaction? I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but wouldn't that be suspicious in itself?

Last night I was reflecting over all the comments and suggestions I've received from my posting and another idea/possibility came to mind: My mother's first child (my brother) died when he was only 3 months old (I obviously never knew him), and I wondered about the possibility he could be haunting MY firstborn? Unfortunately, after thinking further, I sincerely doubt he had teeth at 3 months;-).

No offense to anyone, but I no longer believe in demons (or Hell); however, I believe in evil and good spirits, and have often wondered if one has attached itself to my son. At one time I was going to ask the spiritual healer from my husband's tribe how to handle this, but, unfortunately, events occurred that caused the end of that relationship. At this time we do not have a spiritual healer.

I'm sorry my responses get to be so long; I tend to be a wordy person. But, I feel if you take the time to try and help me out, I should at least acknowledge your effort.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-22)
Dear Delzlady,
The a bite the size of a quarter sounds incredibly large for a fairy to have made. You say the bite is round and raised, have you checked to be sure it isn't ringworm or eczema? Both can appear to look like round bite marks. And they can appear as a single instance (only on one part of the body, disappear and weeks/months later appear somewhere else.) Do these bites linger, or are they gone within a few hours if noticing? Of course if your son refuses to see a doctor there's really nothing you can do. Evidently it doesn't bother him enough to have it checked out.
I just hate to see a fellow Mom torturing herself over something that a cream might clear up, and skin conditions come and go. I'm not saying that something else COULDN'T be at work, just that
Sometimes 'paranormal' can actually have a quite normal explination, and they should be ruled out.
I agree with Rook, the sounds and laugh you heard sound residual. I hope you have a solution soon.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-22)
Um, Silver, not trying to be difficult but this doesn't sound demonic. In 30+ years, if this were a demon, it would have already attempted to take him over. The internet is full of information, but not all of it is reliable.
DelzLdy, I'm leaning towards there having to be a medical explanation. This has happened for so long, in so many different locations, it just seems unlikely to be paranormal. The statement "no more trips to the doctor" kind of worries me. Just because one doctor is an idiot is no reason not to seek a second opinion. The next doctor might have been able to help, or at the very least recognize that the marks weren't dog bites. Also, I'm very sorry about what happened with your dog. That doctor, well, I won't say what I'm thinking about him.
If you can talk your son into seeking the opinion of a medical professional, please do so.

This comment from SilverWings1997 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

psychicmama (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-22)
Dlzlady--Let us know how the pans and salt work out. I'm very interested to see if it helps. Do the marks happen often enough to see results in a couple of weeks? Also I was curious if the marks are painful to the touch?

This may be more information than a 35 year old son is willing to reveal. But, it's very intriguing. Either way, post any results you find. Hoping for your success...

Kind regards,
PM
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-22)
Dear DelzLdy,

I more than just agree with Rookdygin; I have myself stated this time and again, although I am a novice compared to many of my esteemed friends on this site, that all natural/normal causes are to be eliminated by experts before we go after the paranormal.

So, as rook says, these are my two cents worth.

Regards
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-22)
DelzLdy,

Allergies and Rashes may have been ruled out but what about an actual 'skin disease' OR have 'bug bites' been ruled out as well?

Something is happening, everyone in the household can see that... The marks are real I do not doubt that but I stand by my statement that EVERYTHING NATURAL/NORMAL has to be ruled out before the Paranormal can be considered.

I actually believe in FAIRIES... But 'Biting Fairies'...at least one that does it 'just because' is not a piece of folklore known to me.

Respectfully,

Rook
DelzLdy (2 stories) (50 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-21)
Geetha50 - I'd love to take him to a medium, or similar; unfortunately, he won't hear of it. It's strange; he acknowledges these bites and that they aren't normal, but refuses to do anything about it. And I can't force him; he's 35 years old!

I am going to try the iron and salt idea, tho. But I can only do this while he is living in my home. After he moves out... He's on his own again.

Thank you all for obvious concern and suggestions.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-21)
Delzldy,
I don't think Rook was skeptical of your story but it is always good to get rid of a the logical explanations before labeling it a paranormal event.

I usually don't recommend this and I don't know how other posters would react but it never hurts to try but have you actually tried contacting a medium of sorts to see if something is actually attached to your son. If there is something bad attached to your son then you would have a better idea of what to do.

I know what you mean by treating your kids like a baby. My brother is the youngest (My sister and I are older than him) and he has had asthma since he was a year old. To this day, my mom still treats him like a baby and he is 22 years old.
DelzLdy (2 stories) (50 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-21)
Rook - To tell the truth, I was not surprised at your skepticism regarding my son's experience. In honesty I wish it weren't true. As his mother, it doesn't matter how old he is, he is still my baby (figuratively, not literally), and the thought of anything causing him harm... Well, you get the picture. I have asked him to take a picture the next time this happens if the bite is in an appropriate location.

Because allergies of all kinds are very prevalent in our family, "Nathan" was tested when he was a child along w/his brothers and sister. While one brother does experience allergies, "Nathan" does not. So, that leaves out the possibility of allergies or rashes. I wish it were that simple.

Thank you for clearing up the idea of hanging iron over all entryways to our home. It may sound funny, but in my mind I was seeing all these pots and pans hanging over all the doors and windows;-). I believe we do have some horseshoes around tho.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-21)
For what its worth Jsoaps has not posted on the sister site for two months and I do have Facebook and I found sites for 'selling soap' but not one for a psychic trying to help people...

Maybe they will see this and psot a proper link... However I did read on the sister site that they were hoping to 'start a business' that helped people 'get rid' of demons... I quote from their post on 27Jan2013 (their most recent post)...

"Thank you newbiepsychic. I appreciate comments like this. I really want to start a business helping people get rid of demons"

Please read their posts/experiences on the sister site... I am 'leery' of those who try to make a living/run a business that 'helps' people with their Paranormal/Supernatural problems considering there are NO EXPERTS and many, many different ideas on what things may or may not be and how to 'protect/eliminate' them... That is a personal feeling however, please read and make up your own mind.

Respectfully,

Rook
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-21)
DelzLdy,

I have my doubts concerning what you/your son may be experiencing but you seem earnest in your request for help/information and possible guidance so here is my 'two cents'...

Folklore 'tells us' that Fairies do not like Iron... Cold Iron to be specific... I do not think it has to be a 'cast iron pan' of any size that is used... Iron nails/Horseshoes come to mind for lightweight forms of 'cold iron'. Just hang/place them over doorways and windows (any 'entry point' for your home) and it 'should' work.

While it may not 'seem' like a skin condition if your son has never been tested for one it may not hurt to do so... Better safe than sorry AND it will help rule out all natural/normal causes and the Paranormal/Supernatural can truly be considered.

The Laugh you heard and the footsteps in your 'old apartment' sounds as if they may have been a residual haunting... Even you mentioned it sounded as if someone was walking on 'new carpet' when the carpet in the apartment was clearly not new.

As far as the 'poster' Jsoaps it seems they post more often on YGS's sister site which can be reached by the link near the top right of 'this' page. (Psychics & Mediums) Though I have to admit I've never heard of a biting fairy...

Please ask any questions you may have and I will do my best to answer them.

Respectfully,

Rook
psychicmama (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-20)
Hi sorry I've run into the same problem as you - perhaps if you post to his last story he will see it and contact you.

Kind regards,
PM
SilverBear (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-20)
you can usually find small cast iorn pans at the local hardware stores. You don't need to say anything. Just hang poor and it should take imidiate sucsess...

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: