You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: One Man And His Dog

Real Ghost Stories

One Man And His Dog

 

I know this site doesn't like immature content so I'm going to put this across in as mature a way as possible though it happened when those involved and myself were 16 at secondary school. I will admit, at the time, we were young and most definitely over reacted to the situation. But I will tell it how it happened.

It was a lunch time at school and my friends and I were playing on the top area of the school field, hanging about enjoying the last April in secondary, as you do as the top year in school. The day was pretty good, meaning for UK spring weather it hadn't rained yet that day. But that all changed when my friend, let's call him Sam for identity's sake, suddenly shouts "Get back!". (Now let me quickly note that Sam is a very strong psychic. He picks up energies from a lot of those who have passed.) So I grab my friend "Becca" and repeat Sam's warning to get everyone to move back. The atmosphere has changed completely and though the sky hasn't changed, the area feels dark and cold.

Not 10 seconds pass before I see for myself what we are backing away from. A black dog is crouched low and stalking Sam while a tall shirtless man is walking towards us. His figure shatters and fades so I know he is of the other world. I keep checking the distance between our group and the man. The dog is circling Sam as their eyes are locked on each other, if they are challenging each other.

A minute passes and the dog disappears, but my friend "Lauren" runs away from our group up the field, not directly to the man but about that far away from us, at least 20 meters, then she suddenly collapses. Now the man has also disappeared completely. I ran to Lauren to find her shaking in the grass with the hand in the air. She starts yelling at me "Hit me!" over and over. "Hit me!" she screams. I hit her hand but she just yells "Harder!" So I punch her in the chest. She gave a huge gasp and her hand dropped to her side. She gathered herself up. She had a red mark around the forearm she was holding up. She asked me what happened. I haven't the heart to tell her, and I'm in too much shock to speak anyway.

We walked back to the group. All of us are shocked and shaken. I now know this shouldn't have gone how it did. We should have nodded our respects and walked away when we had the chance. This is the only time I have seen someone who has passed as clear as seeing myself in the mirror. I am quite relieved to be honest as I do find it a distressing experience.

I am very grateful of Sam for having warned us and I am still grateful to him now 8 years later. I have never questioned his technique as that is a sensitive line to cross with him as we respect that he has his own ways of dealing with these situations as he has several more years experience in it than me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sensingrange, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bambam (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-18)
I am also in agreement with valkricry... The ones he pointed out are fundamental questions that needed to be answered to make things clearer for us...
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-24)
lady-glow: your comment was my smile for the day. 😊 Oh... To be called a teen again! Anyway for some reason this experience reminds me of a scene from a Harry Potter movie. Anyone else?

Thanks, zeta.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-03-24)
I agree with you Valkricry. I am also confused about the age, why lauren wanted the O/P to punch her and why he had not told her what happened, after all, he only punched her when she asked him to. The red marks besides why the O/P did not ask her friend what happened to her when she ran away and why she ran away. These are, I think, fundamental questions that need answers. Too many loose ends.

Regards and respects to every one.

SDS
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2013-03-23)
Well...the math doesn't work out right, as pointed out by lady-glow. I also wonder why the OP punched her friend in the chest, instead of just smacking her. In fact the whole "Lauren" part had me confused. Just what didn't she have the heart to tell her friend anyway? What was the significance of the red mark? Why did "Lauren" take off? I'm sorry but too much information is left out. Maybe the writer will come back and make things clearer.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+4
11 years ago (2013-03-23)
Could you help me with the math?
Your profile says that you are a teenager, right? But according to your story it happened 8 years ago, when you were 16... So, you are 24?

I wish they could call me a teenager at my age, too! 😜
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-23)
Did she ever explain or tell you why she wanted you to hit her?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: