You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: My Life With Ghosts

Real Ghost Stories

My Life With Ghosts

 

I never thought I would one day actually sit down and write about my experiences of what I would like to call "The unèxplainable". Simply because as it says on the tin, I can't explain it! From as long ago as I can remember I have had ghostly experiences. The earliest I can recollect I was about six years old. I was raised in a loving home so had no reason for my imagination to run riot.

Like any child I desperately wanted a pet. I was fortunate enough to get a kitten from one of my teachers at school. The day I brought the kitten home I was so excited and she was very placid and adorable. That was until we reached the front gate to our house. As we near the gate she became very obviously distressed by her big staring eyes and continuous meow...

Walking to the front door she began to hiss and at the point of actually opening the door she went wild. I managed to get her inside the house before she could escape. Once in the hall with the door shut behind us she ran as fast as she could to get out of the hall and into the lounge. There she hid for at least thirty minutes. My father said it was because it was new to her and would take time to settle in. This seamed quite reasonable to me. Well at least it did until later.

The days and weeks went by. For the most part she was happy and much loved by us all. There was however still a problem with the hall. To go outside she would only ever go via the back door which meant a momentary dart past the very end of the hall. When in the lounge she would often sit a couple of feet from the door to the hall for long periods of time with her eyes fixed on something in the hall.

Unfortunately she only lived for one year but in all that time was terrified of the hall. I then started to have a very uneasy feeling about the entire house but especially the hall. I always felt that someone was close behind me.

When in bed I would be woken by the bed gently shaking. One night I woke to see a face on the wall, I told my parents who said I was dreaming, but as the weeks went by the face started to appear several times a week. As I got more used to this strange event I became less afraid to the point of thinking it was part of normal life.

One day my father came home with a puppy. He knew my mother wouldn't be too thrilled with the prospect of a furniture eating pet so he said we had him for a few days on trial. Once again, the hall was a real issue for the pup. He was braver than the kitten but his entire time was taken up by barking furiously at something in the hall.

One night my brother was fast asleep in his bedroom and my parents and I were downstairs in the lounge. All of a sudden there was a loud crash from upstairs which echoed through the house. My brother came rushing down stairs. He said his bedroom door had flung open and crashed against the wall. This was not easy to do as the door was difficult to open due to the deep carpet.

On another occasion I was woken by someone breathing in my ear, there was no one else in the room. That same night my brother claimed he was woken and saw a little girl standing at the end of his bed.

This is just part of the strange occurrences that IT have experienced over the last 40 + years. If people are interested I have many more to tell, and in the last couple of weeks I have a photo of a ghostly face.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, markyP, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-26)
I know you mentioned that when you told your parents about what you saw, they said that you were imagining it but have you talk to them since those earlier incidents and if so what did they have to say? Did they experience anything themselves?

By the way, great story and I would love to hear more from you.
WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-26)
markyP,

Thanks for sharing this story I can hardly remember thing that happened to me when I was that young and I am 22 😁.

The chance that what you experienced was a fear cage (High EMF) is unlikely because you and your family would have been sick, having hallucinations for some time before your encounter's.

I believe that what you experienced as a child could have been a residual haunting or an intelligent haunting I do not believe that the kitten was harmed by the entity/ entities in your former home that lead to its demise because it could have had medical issues that did not show any symptoms.

Your story was well written and easy to follow I would like to see another story 😁.

Whitewolf,
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-24)
Hello markyP, thanks for sharing your experience. You said that your brother saw a small girl standing at the end of the bed. I feel that it could not have a single entity presenting itself. But you never said anything as to how your parents are feeling about such entities. Whether they are also experiencing such feelings.

But if it had been going on for several years, then how you guys have been living in that house for so long without carrying out any corrective steps.

I also would like to ask if anybody is hurt or had any negative encounters in your house.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
markyP (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-23)
Hi guys. Thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately this happened many years ago so am not in a position to do any test but I like your reasoning behind it. As far as photos are concerned this relates to a more recent story (I have a few to share) which I will submit a little later. I am trying to do it chronologically up to present day. That is if there is interest in hearing them. Many thanks
elnoraemily (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-23)
Real world explanation for this would be a high electric field. Animals are very sensitive to it and react with a fight or flight instinct. It can make people feel as though they are being watched or followed and create mild hallucinations. It's easy to test for, with a little gadget. I would recommend for your puppy and you to test for that. If that is not it, then something strange is going on.
GabrielladeLioncourt (5 stories) (71 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-23)
Ive been going through similar stuff! Things don't seem to get better, you just learn to live with it and accept it. I consider it a gift.

Id love to see the picture if its not too much trouble 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: