You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost Under My Bed

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Under My Bed

 

I woke up one night because I felt someone pulling my leg. At first I wasn't sure if I was just dreaming so I ignored it. I was about to close my eyes when I felt a hand pull my leg again. I yelled and ran to my parents room. My parents wouldn't believe me and would tell me to go back to sleep. I was only 10 years old at the time. Soon I began to hear voices whispering to me at night. I also started hearing the voices during the day sometimes.

One time I was getting ready to go to sleep and through the corner of my eye I could have sworn I saw someone peeking their head out from underneath my bed. When I told my parents about this they decided that it was best if I started sleeping with my brother but this didn't solve the problem. No matter if I was staying at my grandma's house or my aunt the same thing would happen to me at night to where someone would pull my feet. This went on for years.

I'm 23 now and it still happens (not as much as it used to). Back then it would happen every night but now several days can go by and nothing happens but then suddenly it comes back. I've also noticed that if I sleep with the lights on it goes away. I'll still hear the voices but the only difference is that it sounds like its coming from really far away. I don't get my feet pulled with the lights on.

I've gotten used to it and I'm no longer scared, but is this something I'm going to have to live with for the rest of my life? To be honest I'm actually curious and want to know if this has happened to anyone else.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bertoman, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-28)
Sounds very terrifying! I don't think that I would be able to sleep again. Or I probably would sleep on the couch or on a mattress on the floor. I agree with Vermont about the actions of a young spirit. However; since this seems to have been haunting you for such a long time one should consider other possibilities such as medical.

Good luck, zeta.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-25)
The fact this does not occur with the lights on, makes me wonder if there isn't another explanation.
Lights shouldn't deter an "outside source" -perhaps a visit to a sleep specialist might solve the problem?
CiciSanchez (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-24)
Hey bertoman, Wow great story... Now I got the chills just me imagining that happening to me! I think I wouldve been freaked out all the time. Anyways so when did this all start happening to you? Maybe you should do some reserach and see what's related to what been happening to you and keep us posted about it,Thanks
😊
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-24)
Hello bertoman, I do not think hearing voices and your feeling of someone pulling your leg are connected. I feel like lady-glow said, the feeling that somebody pulling your leg might be medical rather than paranormal. Hearing voices could be paranormal but that requires more information like in your house any other person is hearing the voices, the time and what kind of things you hear. It is better that you start maintaining a journal of activities as far as hearing of voices is concerned. But for the other one, it is better to rule out the medical reasons rather than seeking paranormal solutions.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-03-23)
Restless leg syndrome?

I suffer of this condition and know how terrible it can be! Though I do not hear voices, but dream about moving my legs, sometimes running; or kicking a ball; or tripping on something. Once I had a dream about my son biting my toes! 😐
But doing some yoga stretches during the day has helped me a lot.

Perhaps you should go to the doctor for a check up, it would be easier than trying to get rid of a possible ghost under your bed! 😜

Good luck and thank you for sharing.
VermontVampyre (2 stories) (64 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-23)
And to think I used to be scared of the monster under the bed.
Its an interesting account to say the least. I've not heard of ghosts under the bed. I'm guessing that you're haunted by a mischievous spirit... Perhaps that of a child? [hiding under a bed is a child's activity]

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: