You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Can An Entity Follow A Person Around?

Real Ghost Stories

Can An Entity Follow A Person Around?

 

This incident is from a few days ago, when we had a visiting relative stay over with us.

It was around 11:30 p.m., and there I was, clearing away dinner and wiping down the kitchen counters etc. At this time, I was home alone as my husband and the relative (a cousin) had stepped out for a smoke. What followed was definitely odd: when in the kitchen (with my back to the doorway), I had a feeling that there was a presence/ somebody just behind me. I whipped around; of course there wasn't anyone. The feeling, though, didn't go away entirely, but I did get back to work. Again, I turned around, this time with the feeling only getting stronger. It did feel like there was an entity in the kitchen. In my head, while I did not hear voices, it did feel like there was static - the kind that appears when the telly goes on the blink. Got this bizarre feeling that had I listened more closely, I'd have heard someone speak. In any case, I did get out of the kitchen and walk into the living room, and opened the door to the house. While the feeling did go away, it was uncomfortable there too - but not as much as the kitchen.

Why I'm wondering whether an entity can follow/attach itself to a person is this: the cousin stays in India too, in a quasi-rural setting. By his own admittance, there have been multiple cases of spirits/sightings there. He said that his own apartment had an entity as well.

Back to my experience, the feeling was the strongest in the kitchen, and while I was alone. I'm not of a nervous disposition, and neither did we discuss the paranormal, that may have triggered a reaction of the sort I had.

Subsequently, during the duration of his visit, I didn't have a chance to be home alone so I can't validate whether this was just a one-off thing, or related to him/anything else.

Further, I haven't had any such experience in my apartment earlier (have been staying there almost a decade).

Any opinions/suggestions would be welcome.

Other hauntings by lookingforanswers

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lookingforanswers, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

bambam (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-18)
There really are times where in we feel this very strong sense that someone is watching us or someone is behind us. I've had had a lot of those experiences. Sometimes, I do get glimpse of a shadow, a person or a child perhaps. But I would usually dismiss them as a figment of my imagination. Because if I perceive those to be real, then ill be scared as hell. So, what I usually do is, I see but I don't mind at all.
lookingforanswers (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-02)
SDS,
Apologies for not having replied sooner.

Thankfully, it was just the one incident, so I'll maybe go with your explanation.:) It's been a while since the incident now, and I'm happy to say that I haven't gotten the feeling again.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-26)
Hello lookingforanswers, I just wanted to know whether it was the only occasion you felt the presence in the kitchen or even now you feel it? I feel that it might have been a walk-in spirit or some entity just passed by and perhaps that was the reason why you felt it that way. Yes, as you said in your comments, it would be a feeling of being watched and unwelcome. If it had not recurred subsequently and until now, I do not think that there is any cause for any worry.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
lookingforanswers (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-26)
Valkricry, your explanation wasn't long winded at all.:) In fact, I can't help but think that you were rather brave to face the coyote!

That said, no, there were no animals around, because as much as I would love to have a pet, it seems almost inhuman to keep one in an apartment, in a restricted space.: (

The only thing I have that makes the nights virtually silent (given that I live in a metro, and on a very busy street) is a relatively thick cover of trees that shield all the windows in my apartment from the outside. The reason I'm mentioning this is, sometimes sounds do tend to get magnified owing to the silence.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-03-25)
Dear Lookingforanswers,
Good girl! 😊 Another option came to me as the result of a conversation we were having on another thread. Perhaps one of your relative's 'friends' was just being curious. Or as MrJV545 suggests a bit of 'paranoia'. You did not mention any animals in your account, but I know I have gotten this vibe because of one now and then.
Once when I was camping with the now ex husband and my then 2 year old son I began having the intense feeling of being watched, much as you describe it. I looked around but saw nothing from the light of our campfire. The feeling persisted. I picked up our flashlight and shone it about, still nothing. But I was getting very edgy. I decided to secure the perimeter of our camp, and placing our half asleep son in my hisband's lap, said, "if you hear me scream, take him and run." I hadn't gone but maybe 2 yards when the being watched feeling got extremely intense. I turned slowly in a small circle, shining the light. I barely saw the coyote in the shadows, but he sure the heck saw me. I made no threatening moves. "Where's your pack?" I spoke out loud. My heart was pounding a mile a second, but my mother had taught me to show no fear and that beasts are just as afraid/curious of us as we are of them. We stared at each other a long moment before it turned and left. I think it was evaluating my family and me, whether we were a danger or not. After that the feeling of being watched stopped.
Sorry for the long explination, but I wanted to be sure you would understand why I wondered if there was an animal about.
lookingforanswers (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-25)
valkricry, it was after my experience that he related his hometown stories to us. Had it been earlier, I would've personally dismissed it as a figment of my imagination.:)

The fact that it was so strong a feeling, and without any prior 'information' is what makes me question the experience at all.
lookingforanswers (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-25)
MrJV545, I sure hope that's the case! I'd rather know that it was my overactive imagination rather than an entity, given how uncomfortable the experience was. However, as I've mentioned, I'm not a nervous person, so this was out of the ordinary and definitely unwelcome!
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-03-25)
Dear Lookingforanswers,
Did this relative tell you before or after your experience? I'm not saying you didn't experience something, just trying to get down all the facts.
Can a spirit attatch itself to a person? Many say that they can. But, I do not believe you are in any danger. If the relative brought something in with him it probably left with him as well.
MrJV545 (16 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-24)
I get those kinds of feelings too, the feeling that there's a presence. Some call it our sixth sense, even, and use it to support theories of ghosts. The thing is, many a time I get this feeling even when there's no one there and I'm sure of it. The first time you feel it it's usually just a false sense of presence, but the rest I'm sure is paranoia and panic from there not having been someone. That's why the feeling got stronger when you looked away. It was your mind saying "look again, I know there's someone there!". Nothing more than a bit of paranoia. You're completely safe from harm.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: