You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Imaginary Friend Or Ghost?

Real Ghost Stories

Imaginary Friend Or Ghost?

 

When I was 6 years old I moved in with my dad and came to visit my mom every summer. During that summer though I met a little girl about my age. She was dressed in a very old style and simple dress. I cannot remember her name anymore though. I used to go to her house almost everyday that I wasn't in trouble. Her house was a plain house, made mostly of concrete and it was about a block away from my house.

Every summer I would go to my mother's house and play with the little girl, as I got older I realized that she always wore the same dress. Her blond hair was always shiny and never seemed to get messed up. I got to play in her house several times. It looked much different then the outside, but it didn't occur to me when I was little. I can clearly remember what she looked like, like there was a photograph in my memory.

I was about 10 when I moved back in with my mom. I then went to the girl's house but she wasn't there. I asked the people living there if they had seen her, but they had lived there for years and no little girl had lived with them. My mother, her boyfriend, and my little sister cannot even remember her. They think she was just an imaginary friend, but my brother remembers her. He saw her once cause he was usually playing with his friends during the summer.

I looked into this and found nothing of a little girl disappearing or anything in my town. It still makes me wonder whether or not she was a ghost or just my imagination. In my mind I can still see myself playing with the little girl and I have tried to draw her, but I can never draw her face. It's like something is stopping me from showing people who she really is.

Other hauntings by Dark-Angel-610

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Delaware

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Dark-Angel-610, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bambam (1 stories) (20 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-15)
Dark-Angel when you mentioned that you went inside the little girl's house several times in the past. Do you remember her folks? Are they the same people that lived in that same house when you were playing with her? If not, then it is possible that they might have had moved to another house if the new residents doesn't have a child from before... Just my two cents...
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-28)
Hello Dark-Angel-610, You said you went to the little girl's house several times when you were a child and played with her. You also say that your brother remembers her very well. If you are sure about it, then others in the girl's house must have definitely remembered you coming to their house regularly. When you play with another person, then naturally it is not like playing with yourself. You interact. Then others in her house might have observed that abnormality if they had not seen her. I think I get my point correct. In that event, when you went back to their house and asked about the girl, even though they might have said that they have been living there for years and haven't seen the girl at all, atleast they must have remembered that you were playing as if you had a partner. Did they say anything like that to you? Please give us details so that we could respond.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-27)
If you remember going into the little girl's house, I would not think that it was an imaginary friend. What do you remember about the house? Was anyone else around... Her mother? Did the little girl show any signs of abuse? Of course, at six you may not notice that. But we must consider the fact that the little girl may have been real or rather, alive.

Zeta.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
11 years ago (2013-03-27)
I'm confused on one point, I'm hoping you can clarify. You went to the girl's house, you went into the girl's house. You went back to the house, and the people who had lived there for years hadn't had a girl living with them. How were you getting into their house, and how did they not notice it? I'm just trying to get the situation straight in my head.
xxTorturedByDemons (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-27)
Wow, my friend has a similar story. And she is not sure whether she was real or not. She remembers touching her, but her mother had never seen this "friend" even after the amount of times she had apparently been in the house. She had the old dress and blonde hair that never got messy. And she knew things about my friends family that my friend didn't know. And one day they got in a fight and she never came back. My friend never thought anything of her until she had a good think and realised something wasn't right.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: