You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Young Lady In White

Real Ghost Stories

The Young Lady In White

 

This experience only happened a few months ago. It was winter so all the windows and doors were shut in my grandmother's house. I was sitting on the couch (my bed for the weekend) reading a book. I looked up and saw a woman kneeling next to where my youngest sister sleeps while at our grandmother's house. Her hair was midnight black, she had a long white gown on, and her skin was snow colored. She looked to be about 20 or so. I thought she was a real person because of how solid she seemed to look.

The lady then disappeared with no trace left behind. I went to my grandmother's room, where everyone else was talking and told them about it. After describing what the lady looked like, my grandmother said that her real mother had black hair, and that she had given her up for adoption when her mother was 20. There is no picture of this lady, but I can remember her as clear as day.

My uncle then told me about the other things that have happened in the living room. It was about a year ago, when my grandmother and uncle got back from somewhere, that the frame with the picture of my grandmother, grandmother, uncle, and step-dad in it was turned around, not just the picture but the whole frame. It was hanging on the edge of the frame on the nail backwards. Nobody had been in the house to do that, considering they had an alarm system.

A few years before that, what they like to call the "Teddy Bear Tea Party" happened. It was again that they were away, and when they returned there was a "tea party" going on. My grandmother collects miniature teddy bears, the ones that are ceramic or something like that, and they are all on a shelf in the living room. There are also toys and what not in the living room too. But anyways, on one of our play tables there were some of the teddy bears in a circle and our glass tea set was out and every bear has a cup. It was so weird considering the tea set was in its box under my grandmother's bed most of the time.

My grandmother and uncle think the lady in white has something to do with it. I think so too. I think the lady in white lost her child and has a child-like side to her because of that.

Other hauntings by Dark-Angel-610

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Delaware

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Dark-Angel-610, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-28)
Hi Dark-Angel-610, I am really astonished with the teddy bear party aspect of your narrative. Have the same doubt like zeta and val. Please clarify.

Well, did any one, your grandmother or grandfather or anyone saw the girl in white with black hair at any point of time.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-27)
I love the teddy bear tea party and I bet that story has come up at many functions in your family. Must say, it's a first for me, that I have heard of such a sweet thing. I also wonder as val does about since there is no picture of the grandmother, how does everyone know her hair color? Maybe it was told to her?

Anyway...do love the tea party.
Zeta
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2013-03-27)
Hmmmm...this story is almost 'endearing', especially the Teddy bear tea party. I don't think it pecurliar that a 20 year old would pose figurines, let alone the spirit of one. But the backwards picture... Maybe she was trying to get their attention.
Question: how does your Grandmother know her 'real mother' had black hair? Assuming she was adopted as a baby. Just a curious thing with me.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: