You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Demon Or Angered Spirit?

Real Ghost Stories

Demon Or Angered Spirit?

 

It was when I was 12 or 13 years old when I had my latest experience. I was living in a house filled with mold in the walls and roof. My mother was in the hospital because of it and my father was always working, so I was always home alone.

Well, with freedom, comes abuse.

My dad is a huge religious buff and absolutely loathed anything that had to do with "evil": Ouija boards, pentagrams, etc. Just for spite, I played with an Ouija board that I borrowed from my neighbor. Talk about mistakes.

So I was sitting alone at the dining table, setting up the board as I was supposed to. Now, keep in mind that the dining room and kitchen are inter-connected and the living room was right behind a four inch thick plaster wall with two openings on either side of it and one on the top where we kept our plants. The wall is part of the story.

After I had everything set up, I got myself a glass of water as I found I get dehydrated easily. I set the glass down beside me, against the wall that the dining table was set against (not the four-inch thick wall) so it wouldn't fall or get in the way. I placed my hands on the pointer thing, and said "Hello." Of course, at first I didn't think anything would happen, but after a couple of minutes, it began moving slowly, spelling out 'hello' back to me. I have to admit, it freaked me out a bit, but I kept calm.

"What is your name?" I asked it.

"Sophia." it spelled.

I asked it multiple questions like "Why are you here?", "Why are you trapped?" and "What do you want/need?". I never got any responses to them so I thought I had broken it. So I asked one more question, "Are you a demon?" The pointer slid to 'yes' and after it did, my glass flew off the table to hit the side of the four inch wall, shattering on impact. It startled me and made me jump, as it would anyone. I then began to feel dizzy but I was afraid to lose consciousness so I got up and walked outside where I guess I immediately passed out because when I came to, there were faces hovering over me and I saw one of them was my father, who started questioning me. I yelled at him to stop because I couldn't remember. He never asked me about the board and when we went into the house, the board was gone, so I assumed that my father had torched it.

After that, I went into my room and found it completely destroyed, it literally looked like a tornado had gone through my bedroom. Most of my books were scattered over the floor, the pages ripped out and some in shreds. My stuffed animals littered the hall and my room, the stuffing and beads were strewn everywhere. Whatever it was, I seriously pissed it off.

I ignored the mess and just collapsed on my bed and hugged my pillow to my chest, crying into it. I degraded myself in my mind, calling myself stupid upon many other colourful names that I see fit not to repeat, and rocking back and forth, teetering on the edge of the bed. I felt so ashamed that I had ignored my fathers warnings.

It's been almost a year since I moved out of that house and I still experience trouble. Not as bad as it had been, but still pretty horrible. My mother and I are constantly getting into arguments about my room and how it's always a mess. Sounds typical...right? Well everyday I clean it back up and show it to her. I then go to school and come home, and it's totally trashed again. At first I thought my mom was doing it, just to make me mad, but then I started getting these messages scratched into my bookcase and my walls saying "You're dead" and "I'm here" amongst others. One that stood out the most was the one that said "I'll protect you."

Needless to say, we have been in our new house (my mom, me and my father) for almost a year (April 1, 2012 was when we moved in) and I still continue to have arguments with my mother, which usually end with something breaking and not because one of us threw it.

I really, really need help. Is it just an angry spirit? Or is it a demon that loathes me for intruding on its territory? Either way, it doesn't like me and the only reason I'm still sane is that there seems to be something else... Something protecting me. And it's definitely not human.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, XypherXamerChain, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Fanny (2 stories) (105 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-29)
I can honestly say I've never been tempted to use a Ouiji Board. I find them too freaky. When I was a kid my sister had one and I couldn't even tolerate being in the same room as it.

I think you'd do best to follow Rook's cleansing method.

Best Fanny ❤
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-29)
XypherXamerChain,
Ignore Mr. Wannabe. Obviously he is of the ilk that thinks name calling is a solution, and scare tactics are ok.
Hopefully, you have been able to read some of the other posts that offer advice.
lovebug (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-28)
There are two people there obviously. But you need to know which one is which. You don't want to choose the wrong spirit. The one that said " Your dead." is Sophie. The one that said "I'm here" is your guardian Angel also your guardian Angel is the one who said "I will protect you." Hope I helped. ❤
experts (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-28)
Seems like a scary experience. I suggest that you get your house and yourself blessed by a priest. Believe me, it works. It'll get rid of that something that's troubling you and free the good one that's protecting you. You just must have faith in the priest and obviously God:) I say, just give it a try. And maybe if you don't want to get your parents involved, you could always tell that to a priest and take him into your confidence.He'll come over to bless the house when they are not at home. The priest won't say anything to anyone. And I have a felling its more than the 2 things. Do something quick.
Hope I helped.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-03-27)
I tend to lean towards Rook's explination of poltergiest activity. Mainly because they seem to happen when you are with strong emotions (angry/arguing with your mother). Or as Rook suggested
Psychokinetic Activity. So what can you do?
First off - get yourself blessed, and perhaps your home too. More important forgive yourself for your folly. You are NOT stupid or any of those other colorful phrases you called yourself. You are human, and we humans do dumb things now and then.
Surround yourself with the positive. Every day make the choice that it WILL be a good day. I don't know what you fight with your mom about, but see if you can come to a compromise. If it's over an outfit you want to wear ask her what she thinks would make it acceptable. Anger feeds off anger. If you remain calm odds are she will too. And, yeah it takes WORK. But ask yourself, when was the last time you said you loved her, or hugged her for no reason? Try it. Might surprise you both.
Negativity needs negativity to thrive, so fill yourself with happiness and positive energy. It will help.
MrJV545 (16 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-27)
While I can't say I agree with many people here, I think we can all agree using a Ouija board is not the safest thing. Sophie doesn't
Sound like a demon name, much less when you hear them speak in an EVP, yet she wrote this to you, so let's keep the name. If she really is a demon then your room getting trashed all the time isn't a surprise; I don't see why everyone is looking into it so much. The writing on the walls isn't surprising, either. What really stood out for me was "I'll protect you". What demon says that? This is either a separate entity or I honestly don't know what else. If this IS Sophie, I can't explain it.
Final note: I'm not one to go on about negative energy and all that, but please do try and not fight with your parents, not only do spirits (especially demons) feed off of negative feelings, but you shouldn't fight with your family in the first place. And listen to your dad more. I'm not saying to be a spiritual fanatic, but at least be a little cautious with what you tamper with.
As for how to get rid of Sophie (or the demon if she is really the protector), I'm not really an expert on these kinds of things. Try some basic prayers. If that doesn't work, try cleansing your house on your own (or with your family) with the sage technique. Finally if all else fails get a cleansing from anybody and continue to do so until the matter is done. Or you could try a paranormal investigation first. And EVP would sure help. I'm afraid the cleansing would get rid of Sophie too, if she's the good one.
SilverBear (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-27)
Im going to start off by correcting you. Ouiji Boards are not evil. No more then a cell phone is. In fact that is what a Ouiji board is kinda... A way to communicate with the other side. What most people don't understand though is that you have to 'end the call' when you're done. Most people don't know how to do this... And those who do find it very draining and tiering.

First things first you need to take back your invite from this demon... Make no mistake that's what it is. This is YOUR FAMILIES HOME! Stand up to it and tell it to leave in an athoritive voice. You are the boss not this thing. Second, give your home a cleansing... Clean it... Top to bottom then have a spiritual leader (preast preacher shaman) to come out to your home and bless it... I can't say this will or will not work because I have not seen your demon and do not know what you are dealing with... You may end up needing outside help for this. It just depends on how determined this thing is... As for your protector... You have an angel hone... That's what they're there for. Good luck with your intruder.
xiao88 (9 stories) (19 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-27)
I think you said your father is a huge religious buff. I assume he is Catholic / Christian?

If so, the best way for you is to tell your father everything, starting from the ouija board and the messed room and the writings. Then go to church and have an exorcist or pastor coming around to check on your room. That solves most of the problems, but not all.

If you are not Catholic / Christian, well, I recommend you look for a medium / shaman / spiritualist / ghost hunter, to get rid of the thing. Swinsinfire's advice is good too, but better be guarded just in case, and have a specialist over.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-03-27)
XypherXamerChain,

I also think the mold (s) in your old home may have had something to do with some of the physical effects (headaches, dizziness) that you experienced in your old home. Some of your descriptions also make me wonder about another phenomenon... Statements like...

Your age when you set up the 'Board' (12-13)...My question to you and I hope its not too personal... Had you just had your first 'cycle' or did you have it soon after your experience with the Board?

Next...

(during your 'Ouija' session) "...my glass flew off the table to hit the side of the four inch wall, shattering on impact."

You stated you 'thought you had 'broke' the board and you were nervous/scared/excited about what you were doing and the sudden 'answer' (about it being a 'demon') coupled with your 'energy 'type'/level' may have caused the glass to 'fly' and shatter against the wall.

Your room...

Same 'thing' its your own 'nerves/energy' causing things to get 'thrown' about your room...

And Finally...

"I still continue to have arguments with my mother, which usually end with something breaking and not because one of us threw it."

If this happens when no one is in the room or soon after you leave the house there is a chance that in all three cases that this is a form of Poltergeist Activity... Based on your energy levels and the 'type' of energy/emotions that are running 'high' at the times these events have happened.

Either you actually attracted a spirit during your first use of the Board, though from your description of 'how you did things' I do not think (My Opinion Folks) this is the case... You used it by yourself, you did not 'open the board' correctly...ect...ect...

I think the 'shattered glass, the messy room and the broken objects after an argument with your Mother are the result of Psychokinetic Activity coming from you... And possibly your Mother. Your 'Energy' level gets so 'high' that it exits your body in a 'burst' that causes things to move, shatter or break.

You are now...15...16 at the most? (14 at the youngest) and these experiences happen in cycles?

Start a Journal... See if there is a Pattern as to 'when' these things are happening... Certain time of month (moon phase...) weather... Arguments with Mom or Dad... Record any and all details you can remember and after 2 months (A long time I know) review what you have recorded and see what each experience has 'in common' with the others you have had during this period of time.

I also think you will notice that these events will fade over the next 2-4 years even possibly completely 'cease' by the time you are 18/19 Yrs old).

Please ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook
Shadowyne33 (11 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-27)
I feel for you Hun. I made the same mistake when I was young. But you have to remember you made this mistake in innocence and ask God for forgiveness and help. Ask Him to get rid of this entity. You don't have to be the one to get rid of it and you do not need to confront it. Just pray in your heart every time you feel threatened, and God will get rid of it. Have faith:) Stay positive. And try to fill your home with love, avoid fighting with your mom. Negative entities feed off of negativity. Hope I helped:)
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-27)
Those ouigi boards cause a lot of grief. This sounds like a buisy place. You might do a cleansing. You can get sage bundles at gift shops that sell native American things, get some kind of ashtray to set it in, light the sage and go all over the house with it. And then just sit quietly for a bit, and honestly evaluate anything negative you might have to let go of, then tell this entity to leave. You can because you've got a higher power behind you. Ask your dad, he'd probably know. Be good to do as a family.
WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-03-26)
XypherXamerChain,

I have to say that in the condition that you were in mold's side effects include severe headaches,dizziness,
Hallucinations and can lead to death. I am surprised that you and your father were not hospitalized as well.

The Ouija board is not a toy and in your condition the spirit found you to be a target do not trust anything that it tells you not even the message saying I'll protect you because it is the same entity trying to bring your guard down.

By the way a pentagram is not a sign of evil it is a symbol of the elements in the Neopaganism faith (good) ,an inverted pentagram is the symbol that Satanists use (evil).

Whitewolf,

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: