You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Man In The Brown Suit

Real Ghost Stories

Man In The Brown Suit

 

I was 16 years old and never a believer of the paranormal until I experienced something my self. It was 8 am and I was getting ready for school. My sisters were across the street at my uncle's house visiting my cousins. The apartment was very quiet, very still.

I got my clothes out of my closet, moved towards the window to look outside. I had a feeling that someone was watching me, and a cold chill went up my back. I turned around and saw a faceless man wearing a brown suit, and fancy brown hat. I was so terrified I could barely let out a gasp! He was standing straight up, very broad shoulders, just looking at me. Still in shock, I ran through him and down the hallway, escaping to the living room. I was so shook up I called my sister and could just say "come home, now."

I told her my story and she said she's heard footsteps, cabinets opening and closing by themselves. For a month straight I couldn't sleep at all, kept hearing these footsteps sounding like people walking around our kitchen late at night.

We moved a month later, but I'll never forget how eerie the man looked. No face, a full brown suit, fancy brown hat and he was just floating. I told my mom about it that night and she just told me I was seeing things. The eerie thing about it is one of our old landlords committed suicide weeks before in his apartment, and he always wore a brown suit my mom said! Since then I have never seen a full apparition like that.

I have had many more experiences since then that I hope to share with all of you in the future! I would love to see feedback on what you all think!

Other hauntings by Baronessie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Baronessie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Night_of_Nyx (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-30)
That's a very scary experience. From what you've said, you didn't know about the guys death until after your mom told you. So I don't think it would have been possible for you to have projected it. I think this was a real experience. Even if you didn't hear the footsteps before, that is because you weren't open to experiencing them and your mind probably put it off as something else. Thank you for the great post! I can't wait to start posting stories of my own! 😁
valkricry (49 stories) (3265 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-29)
Baronessie, how scary is that!? And you ran THROUGH him to get out? I shiver a bit just thinking of that!
Yet, it is possible - I am not doubting your word - that being 16 at the time, you had heard of the suicide, had probably seen the landlord around, and perhaps your mind projected him. But then we have your sister saying she's heard footsteps, etc in the kitchen. HUGE question here: Did you hear them prior to or only after she told you of them?
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-29)
Hello Baronessie, I could realise how you must have felt when you saw that person. It could be the landlord, who committed suicide. But since you moved a month later, can you please tell us, if you know, whether someone is living in the house at present and if it is possible, can you ask them if they experience anything like what you encountered. If you had already done that investigation, please inform us.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: