You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: They're Is Still Here... We Know It

Real Ghost Stories

They're Is Still Here... We Know It

 

I'm a very family-oriented kind of person. Always put my family over anything and everything. Most people don't, but I do. My father was my best friend growing up, and my mother was my idol. My siblings were always my PIC's (Partners in Crime). My parents always told us that when its their time to go, they will always be with us, no matter what. So when we lost Dad on Christmas, that was devastating. But losing our mother later on, when she promised she would live forever, that was the most trying time of my young families life. A promise that I know would never really be followed through, but it was my belief that she would live a long, long time, like she always said, "I'ma be old and gray before I kick it". She was 44.

One day, a week or so after we had buried our mother, my sisters, brother and I were cleaning the house. We were, of course, crying and cleaning, sadly, trying to keep to ourselves. I looked at them and thought, "you know, I'm going to take them out to eat, feed 'em and make 'em smile, hopefully", so that's what I did.

When we came back to the house, we were going back into our gloomy, depressing state we were in before we left for our dinner. We all walked in, sat down at our respected spots at the table, and started reminiscing. Had a laugh here and there, but more tears. My mother always said to never cry for her, she doesn't want it to rain on her journey. I kept thinking that, over and over again in my mind. We all of a sudden didn't have any tears. We were still crying, but no tears.

We started talking about everything from what Mom had done for us, and what we had done for Mom. My older sister said, 'Yeah, remember when Dad passed we bought Maw that big ol' dream catcher-' we all looked at it at the same time. It was turned over! The feathers at the end of it were kind of swaying as if it was just turned over. We all felt like a cool breeze hit us all. Older sis had felt it on her cheeks (like Maw used to do, grab her face and kiss her on the forehead); younger brother and sister felt it kind of hug them, (Lil bro and Lil sis said it felt like Maws hugs); and myself, I felt it on my hands only (Maw use to grab my hands and try to warm them up, I'm always the cold one). So I said, 'Maw, are you still here?' And we heard a faint knock coming from the wall where the dream catcher was hanging on (the same kind of knock my maw used to do when she would come to the door at our home). Older sis said 'how do we know its our mother?'; and I shiat you not, we heard our mother laughing. Laughing as though she never left. Laughing loud and proud, and sounding happier than ever.

My siblings and I, to this day, still hear a random laugh coming from unoccupied rooms in the house. Sometimes it sounds like Dad, most of the random times, it sounds like our Mom.

More stories to come about my (our) awesome parents.

Other hauntings by m4dm1nnes0tan

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, m4dm1nnes0tan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

balu747 (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-05)
your parents always wanted to see you people happy. Make them proud. And what ever happens life has to go on.
m4dm1nnes0tan (6 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-16)
[at] otteer
Miigwech. I am very thankful that they still visit.

[at] chelseylobo
Miigwech. Its okay, everything happens for a reason.

[at] valkricry
Miigwech. I just love them and miss them so much that I always talk to them and tell them how everything is going. I stop and think 'well what would mom/dad say if I did this?' LOL sad, but true.

[at] DelzLdy
Im so sorry for your loss. My grandmother had dimentia, she could only remember us as children not the teenagers we were. She used to get mad at me and tell me I wasn't her halfpint (my nickname she bestowed upon me at a young age). About a week before she had passed, she started remembering us all. Telling us she will miss us and her time is getting closer to ending. I kind of know what you were going through and I wish I could give you a big ol hug and tell you what my gramma told me. NEVER GIVE UP AND STAY STRONG. SMILE THROUGH THE HEARTACHE AND LAUGH AT THE PAIN.:'))

[at] zetafornow
ChiMiigwech! Yes it is a hard road but I wouldn't ever want to try and do it alone. I'm so thankful my parents had all 4 of us, otherwise, I don't know where I would be. My siblings are my rocks and I am theres; I know we have our battles and arguements, but I will never stop loving them and believing in them. My parents will make sure of that:))
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-02)
It sounds as if you have a very close family and your parents continue to watch over you. This story is very heart-warming and I love it. I have lost my parents also and I know how sad and lonely life can be. I believe that your mother came to you kids at the right time, when she knew how sad you were. I hope you and your siblings continue to stay close and support eachother and one day, as the saying goes, the entire chain will be linked together again.

Good luck to you and thanks for sharing such a wonderful story, zeta.
DelzLdy (2 stories) (50 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-01)
My sincerest condolences on the loss of your parents.

My own dad died Christmas Day, 1996, of Alzheimers. I always felt it was his gift to us; that we could finally complete the grieving process (if you have lived through a relative/friend dying of Alzheimer's, you'll know what I mean).

About 6 months after his passing, it seemed every time someone gave me some small gift, for whatever reason, it would have hummingbirds on it. You see, my dad used to sit in the dining room window and watch his hummingbirds out on the patio. And I knew that while the gifts were coming from someone else, he had influenced the giver somehow.

I don't get a many hummingbird gifts anymore, but every time I see one of the birds, I know Daddy is visiting. To this day, I miss him terribly.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-04-01)
Hmmm, it seems the April Fool's joke on here is to change random words to "clown"...well here's hoping my response will make sense.
This is very touching. I'm glad you get to hear your parents' laugh. You know they are happy, and they want you happy too. I'm sorry that you've lost their physical beings, but obviously you've lost neither them nor their love.
chelseylobo (4 stories) (26 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-01)
Touching story... Its amazing...
Sorry about your losses though.
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-01)
Beautiful! Thank you for sharing and so sorry for your losses. So wonderful they still come visit.:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: