You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Bedroom

Real Ghost Stories

The Bedroom

 

For Christmas when I was about 10-11 years old, my parents bought me an electric blanket. I don't know how they function now, but back then the controls would click on and off to maintain the set temperature. I have always been a light sleeper, and this constant clicking on/off kept me wide awake.

That night, sometime after my parents were asleep, and as I lay tossing and turning, all of a sudden I heard each string on my guitar (which hung on the wall right above my head) plucked distinctly and individually. I'm not sure if I can even begin to express my terror at that moment. Needless to say, I was across the hall and in my parent's room in a flash. My mother didn't believe me and insisted the air pressure passing through the strings could have caused the guitar to make a thrumming sound. But this wasn't a thrumming or strumming sound. This was the unmistakable sound of each string being plucked.

This was not the first experience I had in that room. Some time prior to the above instance, for 3 nights in a row, I was wakened by the portable transistor radio, that sat on my nightstand, playing so softly only I could hear. Now this wouldn't seem so strange except the radio was several years old and the on/off/volume knob had this strange problem that when first turned on, the volume would instantly be LOUD and staticy. I would have to turn the knob further before the static would go away and the volume could be turned down. However, when I was wakened on these 3 nights, the volume was already very, very low. So low it could not be heard across the room.

I never experienced anything in any other room in the house, and several months after that Christmas my then baby brother and I switched bedrooms. As far as I'm aware, that was the end of any happenings in that house.

I want to add that when my parents first bought that house I felt something bad had happened in that bedroom. I have no idea what it may have been, just a feeling. I do know the reason the house was being sold was because of divorce, but have no idea if happenings in that room somehow relates.

Other hauntings by DelzLdy

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DelzLdy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-06)
Hello DelzLdy, I agree with Val. Because you were so young that you got scared out. Strange that your brother did not complain anything paranormal. I have a feeling that something wanted to draw your attention particularly. Do your parents still live in that house? If they do, whether any one is staying in your bedroom. If they do, you can still make some research or if it had been sold out or some one else is living there, if there is any paranormal activity in the room, you can ask them, if it is possible. But, from your narrative, the entity just wanted to draw your attention and did not seem harmful.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-04-02)
Well, heck, Delz - you were just a little thing. Of course you felt scared! Weird stuff at that age equals fear for most.
Oh, I so understand what you mean about your brother. There are times I not only marvel that we have the same parents but we're even from the same planet! 😆
DelzLdy (2 stories) (50 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-02)
Valkricry - As far as I know, my brother has never experienced anything paranormal - ever! (You would have to know my brother to know what I mean. It is really hard to believe we come from the same parents/household;-). A redneck's redneck comes to mind when I think of him;-) And yes, I do love my brother - regardless!;-))

I don't think it was so much that my parents couldn't hear because they weren't meant to, as that because both my bedroom door and their's were closed, and they were both sound asleep, the sound of the guitar strings was simply not loud enough to hear that far away. I do agree it probably was fear of the unknown that scared the beejeeves out of me, however.

And, you are both probably correct in that the entity did not appear to be harmful. Playful maybe;-)

It would be interesting to know why I had such foreboding a feeling on my first visit. I can still remember after all these years. It is hard to describe the intensity.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-04-01)
Hi Delz,
I really doubt that the activity in that room had anything to do with the divorce. I think that because what you describe is non-violent,and as you say they didn't hear it. After he moved into that room, did your brother hear anything/experience something?
What we do not understand often causes fear, and this fear can often mask true intentions. I do not think there was anything manavelant afoot.
GHOSTBUSTERS1234 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-01)
maybe there was a murder or something in that room, that caused all this paranormal energy? Otherwise, maybe there was a guitar player in the room that lived there before, and was killed, and that's why the guitar plays... Or he/she likes music, because of the radio and guitar.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: